1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

Then of course you forgot the cost of Electric/food/staff salaries /all other associated costs of building maintanance.  Water. There are a lot of cost to keep someone in prison regardless of what food or bed space you have.

Electric light for one large room with 100 people in it does not cost much. As I alluded to, the food actually provided is negligible. Low quality rice with some watery sauce costs no more than 10 baht per person per day, probably less. The official staff salaries are very low, though they are able to supplement their incomes by receiving bribes. The IDC is chronically understaffed anyway. There is extremely little building maintenance. Actually for those with money, life in the IDC is a little better. You can pay to be in a cell with enough space to lie down, possibly even with a mat to lie on (though you will need to pay separately for a pillow). You can also pay for food to be brought in. If you pay enough, you can probably even get any necessary medical treatment, though if you have that kind of money, you can probably buy yourself out of detention completely.

Thailand does not allow the worst conditions in its prisons and detention centers to be photographed, but this picture can give you some kind of idea.

1 hour ago, anto said:

>>but this picture can give you some kind of idea.<<

There had to be one peering into a smart phone .(back right hand side ) .

I do not think so. Blow up the image and consider two things: (1) the top edge of the apparent phone (does it look like any phone you have ever seen?); and (2) the apparent way it is being held. I am not sure what we are seeing here, but very surprised (based on appearance, not rules) if it is a phone.

13 hours ago, ronnieadurante said:

That's the point I was trying to bring forth.
I believe if ICE picks you up the united states and most other countries, they pay to have you expelled rather than waste the more costly taxpayer money to house you in a prison.
For instance, you have two choices, give me a lifetime ban and allow me to board this plane or use your peoples money to pay to house me for God knows how long.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

As you will be in a cell with tens of other people, sleep on the floor and you get soggy rice to eat, you won't cost Thailand too much.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

Electric light for one large room with 100 people in it does not cost much. As I alluded to, the food actually provided is negligible. Low quality rice with some watery sauce costs no more than 10 baht per person per day, probably less. The official staff salaries are very low, though they are able to supplement their incomes by receiving bribes. The IDC is chronically understaffed anyway. There is extremely little building maintenance. Actually for those with money, life in the IDC is a little better. You can pay to be in a cell with enough space to lie down, possibly even with a mat to lie on (though you will need to pay separately for a pillow). You can also pay for food to be brought in. If you pay enough, you can probably even get any necessary medical treatment, though if you have that kind of money, you can probably buy yourself out of detention completely.

Thailand does not allow the worst conditions in its prisons and detention centers to be photographed, but this picture can give you some kind of idea.

I dont disagree with what you post but the cost is not negligible there is a cost per prisoner and it has to be funded by the Government who in turn get there money from the tax payers. I dought very much if your figure of 10bht is correct mind.

1 hour ago, Evilbaz said:

About time to put up or shut up.

Take your "I'm smarter than the Thais" attitude to Immigration and tell them you ain't paying the fine.

Please report back if/when you get internet access.

>> "I'm smarter than the Thais" attitude<<

You still think its a genuine post lol

I just got off the phone with the United States embassy. I will be able to board my flight home but my passport will be stamped basically undesireable, not allowed to enter the kingdom again until fine has been paid.
This all makes sense, its not like an overstayer committed a crime against thai humanity.
No room 7 for me !!!!!

53 minutes ago, anto said:

>> "I'm smarter than the Thais" attitude<<

You still think its a genuine post lol

No - hence put up or shut up.

You obviously have not read my previous posts.

I also think that the alleged US Embassy advice above is ill advised or BS.

18 minutes ago, ronnieadurante said:

I just got off the phone with the United States embassy. I will be able to board my flight home but my passport will be stamped basically undesireable, not allowed to enter the kingdom again until fine has been paid.
This all makes sense, its not like an overstayer committed a crime against thai humanity.
No room 7 for me !!!!!

Please don't come back! Your GF already has two new BF's!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

I dont disagree with what you post but the cost is not negligible there is a cost per prisoner and it has to be funded by the Government who in turn get there money from the tax payers. I dought very much if your figure of 10bht is correct mind.

Having spent a few days in similar places .

You get given one bottle of water , some cold rich with a slice of mushroom on top, per day .

The bottle also made for a good pillow. although there sometimes wasnt enough room for everyone to lay down at the same time , sleeping had to be done  in turns.

One stands up, the other one sleeps , he wakes up, stands up and the other one sleeps

19 minutes ago, ronnieadurante said:

No room 7 for me !!!!!

On the assumption that this isn't a troll thread, I think you need to clarify what has been told to you. I don't think you could even do that with a diplomatic passport.

Please don't come back! Your GF already has two new BF's!

She fed my broke ass for the last few weeks, bought me smokes, paid the rent, and scraped up enough money to buy my plane ticket.
God Bless her if she has a new boyfriend !
Or maybe the new boyfriend fed my broke ass, bought me smokes, paid the rent, and bought my plane ticket home..555

38 minutes ago, ronnieadurante said:

No room 7 for me !!!!!

Its only Thai immigration can tell you that not the US Embassy .Porkie pies i think .

2 hours ago, ronnieadurante said:

No room 7 for me !!!!!

You just proof that you are a TROLL!!

The USA embassy don't have anything to do with the Thai immigration.

I just phoned the British embasy to secure a first class ticket in three years for when i turn up at airport after a 2 year overstay. No problem as i quoted the OP here now a precedence has been set cheers OP.

• Like 1

You just proof that you are a TROLL!!
The USA embassy don't have anything to do with the Thai immigration.

Are you an idiot..the us embassy advised me on what the procedure would be at the airport. They didn't ask me to build them a connecting corridor to thai immigration..
Really, are you a <deleted> idiot with that "haha" moment?

1 minute ago, ronnieadurante said:

Are you an idiot..the us embassy advised me on what the procedure would be at the airport. They didn't ask me to build them a connecting corridor to thai immigration..
Really, are you a <deleted> idiot with that "haha" moment?

But hes right you are a troll he he