British man who went 'missing' in Pattaya found to be in jail in UK on rape charges

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The British police should have a once-a-year expenditure, where they send over an officer to Pattaya to hunt for these runners. With a couple of weeks here, they could likely nail quite a few of these guys. It could be considered a reward offered to the officer, to be able to work for a couple weeks in lovely Thailand (albeit, not-so-lovely Pattaya). Time the trip for the winter, and officers will be begging for the assignment.

18 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

One wonders why or if his passport was confiscated back in 2005. 

perhaps a reminder that corruption, incompetence and forgetfulness isn't unique toThailand  

Someone here please explain to me how this PoS raped a 7 yo then when she was an adult he raped her again ,put her in the family way and she didn't know whether the father was this PoS or her husband , why am I not fully understanding this ? Is he doing time for  raping her once or twice ?

18 hours ago, pegman said:

Top 3 most recently commented on Pattaya News stories about misbehaving Brits. Par for the course.

That's this week. Don't worry, the Russians, Aussies, Americans, Chinese and French will rise to the challenge.

5 hours ago, timendres said:

The British police should have a once-a-year expenditure, where they send over an officer to Pattaya to hunt for these runners. With a couple of weeks here, they could likely nail quite a few of these guys. 

And quite a few of the local girls.  Who may also turn out to be guys.

Edited by impulse

10 hours ago, evadgib said:

They could have said 'Sepp Blatter lookalike' which might have thrown the Brit bashers; but this is Thaivisa ?

Note once again the suspicious number of newbies and the sound of 'Riverdance' (clicks!)

There may be one or two fewer Brit bashers on TV if there were fewer low-life Brits in Thailand. The UK is certainly not the only low-life country of origin represented here, but the UK is definitely well-represented.

13 hours ago, smotherb said:

There may be one or two fewer Brit bashers on TV if there were fewer low-life Brits in Thailand. The UK is certainly not the only low-life country of origin represented here, but the UK is definitely well-represented.

Given they gifted the world this language isn't that what Basil Fawlty described as 'Stating the Bleedin' obvious'?

Edited by Rimmer
Off topic removed

On 6/6/2017 at 4:14 PM, Khun Robert said:

Is this really the way English justice system is working?

In 2005 seemed to be unfit for trail, than nothing happens till 2013. 8 years nothing?

He flied to Thailand and just because he had some overstay, Immigration took him and find out that he has been charged so they hand him over to UK’s National Crime Agency and they bring him to trail in 2017.

Good he is found guilty and locked up for 18 years, or will he be after a few years of the hook for good behavior and old age, not fit to stay in Prison or maybe: He have to take care the properties in Thailand so we give him a one way ticket.

By the looks of him, he has'nt got 18 yrs left 

13 hours ago, Penicillin said:

....and what became of his "many properties" ? Would be Justice if the victim received them in the form of criminal restitution.   

Who's hands are they in now ? 

Too late by now , i should think !

On 06/06/2017 at 1:36 PM, Jeremy50 said:

Unfit to stand trial in 2005 but fit enough to travel to Thailand and open a restaurant, where he thought he could live out the rest of his days a free man, while the victim suffers for eternity.  Pattaya, [first choice for these types followed by Cambodia] must have hundreds like this, spot checks on passports should be routine, in the streets and in apartment blocks, surely many would be caught.

Why cant passports be "spot checked" at immigration as these weirdos enter the Kingdom?

12 hours ago, evadgib said:

Given they gifted the world this language isn't that what Basil Fawlty described as 'Stating the Bleedin' obvious'?

Are you comparing a pedophile rapist with a thief? Speaking of "stating the bleedin' obvious," what part of "The UK is certainly not the only low-life country of origin represented here" did you miss?

• 3 weeks later...

I was shocked to the core when I read about this; I couldn't believe what I was reading! 

Back in the early 1990s, I did a load of building work for John Stageman and his wife, I eventually rented one of his flats so he was also my landlord for 10 years and I managed his portfolio of rental properties in the town where I lived. I knew the guy really quite well and if someone, say in a bar, had told be that John was a paedophile, I would not have believed them! A bad tempered old bear sometimes, for sure, but a "kiddy-fiddler" - I would never have thought it. Don't get me wrong, I am not disputing his guilt or excusing what he did in any way at all, but I am very, very surprised. It just goes to show - even people you know quite well; you never really know them! I understand in the original failed case earlier in the 2000s, his wife Lynne was accused of being implicated as an accessory. That I do find completely impossible to believe. She was a delightful woman - as kind and caring a soul as you could ever hope to meet. I understand that she divorced him a while back, understandably perhaps, and that she herself died quite suddenly, just recently.  RIP Lynne.

Edited by paulbj2

2 hours ago, paulbj2 said:

I was shocked to the core when I read about this; I couldn't believe what I was reading! 

Back in the early 1990s, I did a load of building work for John Stageman and his wife, I eventually rented one of his flats so he was also my landlord for 10 years and I managed his portfolio of rental properties in the town where I lived. I knew the guy really quite well and if someone, say in a bar, had told be that John was a paedophile, I would not have believed them! A bad tempered old bear sometimes, for sure, but a "kiddy-fiddler" - I would never have thought it. Don't get me wrong, I am not disputing his guilt or excusing what he did in any way at all, but I am very, very surprised. It just goes to show - even people you know quite well; you never really know them! I understand in the original failed case earlier in the 2000s, his wife Lynne was accused of being implicated as an accessory. That I do find completely impossible to believe. She was a delightful woman - as kind and caring a soul as you could ever hope to meet. I understand that she divorced him a while back, understandably perhaps, and that she herself died quite suddenly, just recently.  RIP Lynne.

Yes its what goes on behind closed doors, and we actually never know for sure the true charactor of who we are interacting with

On 2017-6-7 at 9:40 PM, mikiea said:

english breakfast tea money ...............bada bada bing 

Presumably because he had a passport and had not been charged with any offence, he had only been called in for questioning. If he turned up in a wheel chair and given the history of the cases which the Police would have known all about, they would probably think him too ill to do a runner so they didn't bother to call in his passport. According to the reports I have read, it turns out he was swinging the lead but I guess he was pretty convincing and had a top lawyer working for him.