Officers discover fake Premier League, La Liga uniforms

webfact

Officers discover fake Premier League, La Liga uniforms
By The Nation

SA KAEW: -- A combined police-paramilitary ranger team seized 650 counterfeit football uniforms from a pushcart heading to the Rong Klua border market in Sa Kaew’s Aranyaprathet district on Thursday morning. 

The officers seized 420 counterfeit uniforms of Real Madrid FC and 230 Manchester United FC, which would have been sold for Bt300,000.

As part of the operation to prevent intellectual property law violations, the team was patrolling the market area when they encountered a Cambodian man riding a motorcycle with a sidecar on Sripen Road towards the market at around 9am. 

As officers asked to search the vehicle, the man jumped off the motorcycle and ran into the market, disappearing in the crowd. 

After finding the fake uniforms, authorities passed them on to the Aranyaprathet Customs Office for further investigation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30317546

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-08

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

At this time of year they'd be giveaways; 2017-18 strips won't hit the shelves til July.

They already have copies of next seasons shirts out now .

As soon as the new ones are shown and touted as the next kit, the next day a copy is :-)

Oh... thats shocking... Would that mean the 300 baht Real Madrid, Portugal, Liverpool, Chelsea strips I bought from MBK for my friends kids in the UK are all fake ?

...... these news reports and 'fake shock and surprise' really outline the juvenile nature of society here... Save face.. oh the scandal !!!... 

..... come on....we know, you know, we know you know, we know you know we know you know... just forget the pretense, its insulting that those who write this stuff (or have it written) may suspect someone would believe it. 

Edited by richard_smith237

57 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I'll take that bet...

Never watched a show on TV called 'Fake Britain' ? Almost daily the authorities are raiding shops selling fake booze, cigs, clothes you name it. A lot imported but a lot also home grown.

??

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Never watched a show on TV called 'Fake Britain' ? Almost daily the authorities are raiding shops selling fake booze, cigs, clothes you name it. A lot imported but a lot also home grown.

??

But ''almost every market'' selling fake premier league shirts...

Edited by Bluespunk

1 hour ago, nev said:

They already have copies of next seasons shirts out now .

As soon as the new ones are shown and touted as the next kit, the next day a copy is :-)

It's been a while since I last looked ?

Edited by evadgib

38 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

But ''almost every market'' selling fake premier league shirts...

Many!! Is that better? 

To be honest I don't care about copies. The people who buy copies will never/can't afford to buy the real thing anyway. How many m/c taxi drivers do you see wearing a Lolex watch? On 15,000 a month how many are going to buy a real one?

17 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Many!! Is that better? 

To be honest I don't care about copies. The people who buy copies will never/can't afford to buy the real thing anyway. How many m/c taxi drivers do you see wearing a Lolex watch? On 15,000 a month how many are going to buy a real one?

If I can't afford the original I don't buy it.

Copyright theft is still theft.

21 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If I can't afford the original I don't buy it.

Copyright theft is still theft.

I think it depends a lot on what is being copied. A load of copies         ( generally poor quality) of football shirts isn't going to hurt anyone, only the sensitivity of the shareholders of a football team. In real terms they get free advertising! 

Copies of well known alcoholic drinks etc are a no-no of course for obvious reasons, one being they can blind or kill people.

I try to buy clothes that are good quality and if I know I can remove or cover the brand logo I will buy and then do so.

I'm not a billboard.

10 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I think it depends a lot on what is being copied. A load of copies         ( generally poor quality) of football shirts isn't going to hurt anyone, only the sensitivity of the shareholders of a football team. In real terms they get free advertising! 

Copies of well known alcoholic drinks etc are a no-no of course for obvious reasons, one being they can blind or kill people.

I try to buy clothes that are good quality and if I know I can remove or cover the brand logo I will buy and then do so.

I'm not a billboard.

As an avid fan of one particular club, and I buy home and away each season but only genuine stuff.

Anyone undercutting the scums [man u] profits by selling ripoff copies of their shirts is something I could live with mind...

Edited by Bluespunk

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Oh... thats shocking... Would that mean the 300 baht Real Madrid, Portugal, Liverpool, Chelsea strips I bought from MBK for my friends kids in the UK are all fake ?

...... these news reports and 'fake shock and surprise' really outline the juvenile nature of society here... Save face.. oh the scandal !!!... 

..... come on....we know, you know, we know you know, we know you know we know you know... just forget the pretense, its insulting that those who write this stuff (or have it written) may suspect someone would believe it. 

Little do you know that the little you think I know is not the little you think you know. I know that the little you know is not the same little that we all know. Even a little that I know is not a little.

Neddy Seagoon. 60's

I think THB 300k market value is a tad high. Soi Buakhao market was selling replica kit (shorts & shirt) for THB 250 a set last time I was there (March).  As has been suggested if they are last seasons design probably less now.

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

As an avid fan of one particular club, and I buy home and away each season but only genuine stuff.

Anyone undercutting the scums [man u] profits by selling ripoff copies of their shirts is something I could live with mind...

Think about Scottish Clubs!!!

Last season the Auchinshoogle Wandirirs lost 98 pence on pirated shirts.

Those Cambodians trying to sell their fake kits!! Lol...the normal procedure for confiscated goods is they are sold back to the vendor at 50 baht each item. I have several friends at MBK in BULK and Mike's in Pattaya. Who have to go through this procedure several times a year.

37 minutes ago, dibley69 said:

Those Cambodians trying to sell their fake kits!! Lol...the normal procedure for confiscated goods is they are sold back to the vendor at 50 baht each item. I have several friends at MBK in BULK and Mike's in Pattaya. Who have to go through this procedure several times a year.

All part of the local economy.