British man at centre of Thai body-in-a-suitcase murder investigation arrested in Ibiza

webfact

British man at centre of Thai body-in-a-suitcase murder investigation arrested in Ibiza

Shane-Looker.jpg

Shane Looker has been held on the holiday island on an international arrest warrant

Shane Looker, 47, from Stoke-on-Trent was held on the holiday island on an international arrest warrant

IBIZA: -- A British man at the centre of a Thai murder probe over the death of a go-go dancer has been arrested in Ibiza.

Shane Looker, 47, from Stoke-on-Trent is understood to have been held on the holiday island on an international arrest warrant.

He has been remanded in custody after appearing before a judge in a closed court hearing.

Looker is wanted for questioning by authorities in Thailand over the death of go-go dancer Laxami Manochat.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/british-man-centre-thai-body-10588171

-- MIRROR 2017-06-09

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Being seen in the company of a woman found dead and sliced up 7 days earlier will definitely make you a person of interest, but from reading the full story, it seems they don't actually have any real evidence connecting him to the murder. Murder trials here take quite literally years, and as we have seen from the Koh Tao boys, you can't always trust the judgment either. I am glad I am not in Mr. Lookers shoes.

7 minutes ago, Luckysilk said:

So international arrest warrants work !

Now what about the Red Bull murderer ?

Seems international arrest warrants only work for people who have no money.

"Being seen in the company of a woman found dead and sliced up 7 days earlier...."

Mixing with the after-life isn't recommended.  If somebody told me they'd seen me in the same situation, I'd shit a brick! 

2 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

So international arrest warrants work !

Looker is a nobody = arrest warrant could be issued and served.

Red Bull "have money too mut" = cannot issue / serve arrest warrant. 

Edited by djayz

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Good job to the RTP .....   they do work to catch the criminals .....   the nayers on TV can eat humble pie ...  :clap2:

Yes, while washing it down with a good botlte of Krating Daeng.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Being seen in the company of a woman found dead and sliced up 7 days earlier will definitely make you a person of interest, but from reading the full story, it seems they don't actually have any real evidence connecting him to the murder. Murder trials here take quite literally years, and as we have seen from the Koh Tao boys, you can't always trust the judgment either. I am glad I am not in Mr. Lookers shoes.

They have dna from under her fingernails, which can now be tested against his dna. Also, evidence that he purchased some rocks of the same type used to weigh down the suitcase.

Nothing conclusive, yet - but he certainly has some explaining to do.

38 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

They have dna from under her fingernails, which can now be tested against his dna. Also, evidence that he purchased some rocks of the same type used to weigh down the suitcase.

Nothing conclusive, yet - but he certainly has some explaining to do.

Certainly looks bad for him.. DNA under fingernails.. usually comes from scratching... either some hard lovemaking.. or trying to defend herself against the guy. Those stones also bad.. i mean what are the chances... The DNA alone.. can be explained.. but then the stones make it look even worse. 

31 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I wonder if they will use a properly accredited testing facility for the DNA this time?

Unlike last time where they had no accreditation and only got it after people started questioning how they can prove the validity of the testing they have done.

An absolute shambles as per.

Good luck Mr. Looker, you are going to need it.

This will have to go through the courts though, as there's no extradition treaty, so the Thais will have to show some evidence that connects Mr. Looker to this murder.

Personally I think countries like France and Russia have it right, no extradition of their citizens under any circumstances but they can be tried at home. 

I would assume that he would contest any extradition attempt , due to the possibility of capital punishment if found guilty

6 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

Or all the Brits who've been on the run for decades? Surprising how many were in custody and still managed to walk away ... and how many were known to be sunning themselves on the so called "Costa del Crime" in Spain. Now that UK is leaving the EU,  extradition of criminals on the run in Europe will require renegotiating with each country separately. Could be a real boost to Spain's expat population again.

It has been 11 years since Rezgar Zengana posed as a taxi driver and raped a young woman, yet he has still not been sentenced for the heinous attack.
Why? Because shortly after being found guilty of the crime in Argyle Street, Glasgow, Zengana fled and has not been seen since.

Therefore, he has earned his place on the UK’s Most Wanted Criminals list – alongside 31 others wanted in connection with crimes including brutal murders, drug trafficking and child rape.
Criminals with convictions dating back at far as the 1990’s are still on the run.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/18/these-are-the-uks-most-wanted-criminals-still-on-the-run-around-the-world-6388264/#ixzz4jUFqxZvO

How sad is it that she was reported as missing by her mum, when the her mother  "failed to receive money she regularly sent her mum by Western Union transfer".

Land of smiles huh, replete with reprobates, criminals and opportunists on both sides of very degraded transactions. 

re edit: add link

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/british-man-centre-thai-body-10588171

Edited by optad
link

42 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

top call. last i heard an international warrant has yet to be issued as the cops were trying establish where he was hiding. although i dont know what difference that makes.

Yes, that does sound fishy doesn't it.

I am sure this international warrant was issued long before they found out this guy was in Ibiza.

I can guess the meaning of an international warrant means a criminal can be arrested internationally.

You would not have to issue a warrant for every country.

So why in the hell do they need to know where the red bull runner is?

Edited by Toshiba66

53 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

top call. last i heard an international warrant has yet to be issued as the cops were trying establish where he was hiding. although i dont know what difference that makes.

That was also my understanding from their statements - such a warrant cannot be issued until you know where the fugitive is (according to the RTP).  So Looker must have called the RTP and prompted them to try Spain for himself.

Seems slicing up is becoming the favoured means of murdering prostitutes in Thailand.

When will these girls learn that there are no easy ways of making money. Prostitutes are making themselves vulnerable targets to the depraved, the perverted, open to every contagious disease in the book, the psychopathics, mentally deranged and the violent.

Getting abused, beaten or murdered are conditions that go with the job. There should be more education on this subject and the risks involved taught to kids from an early age at the schools.

I wonder if it would be possible to have DNA from under fingernails of victim tested, then send results to Ibiza. Meanwhile, cops there do DNA test. When they get the results could compare. I would not trust the cops here regarding DNA testing.... "Hmmm which one was the suspect, which one the victim's sample? Ah, who cares...."

1 hour ago, exalll said:

That was also my understanding from their statements - such a warrant cannot be issued until you know where the fugitive is (according to the RTP).  So Looker must have called the RTP and prompted them to try Spain for himself.

actually there is no such thing as an international arrest warrant. the closest thing is a 'red notice' details shown below.  cops were just using the unknown location of mr redbull to stall.

Notice type

Details
Red Notice

To seek the location and arrest of a person wanted by a judicial jurisdiction or an international tribunal with a view to his/her extradition.