Trump still standing, but damaged by Comey's testimony

webfact

7 minutes ago, stander said:

May 3rd: GRASSLEY: "Director Comey have you ever been an anonymous source in news reports about matters relating to the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation?" 

COMEY: “Never."

There are a few holes in your zeppelin.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that q & a was at the earlier inquisition - before Comey got fired, therefore before Comey released his notes.

Secondly, Comey's notes were never classified.  Thirdly, even when he did give his notes to his friend to release, at no time did Comey try to mask his identity.  Comey is a straight shooter, as every Dem and Rep can attest to (except Trump and his lawyer).

Oh wait,  I almost forgot, even Trump and his lawyer admit Comey tells the truth, but only most of the time.   For those times Comey mentions things Trump did illegally, Comey is a liar, according America's #1 buffoon and his losing lawyer (who has lost most cases where he's represented Trump, including the $25 million fake U case in December).

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

You'll notice, when politicians, incl. Trump, are giving stump speeches, they often say, "and my #1 priority will be (____ fill in the blanks ____) "  The #1 priority in their speech could be any one of a dozen different items, depending who they're shouting at.

Sujoop, we probably agree on most everything in this miasma, but there are a slew of priorities re; the Trump/Russia connections.   Additionally, there are another slew of issues re; other law-breaking, such as obstruction of justice, abusing the powers of the president, nepotism, self-enrichment using the prez office, laundering oligarch money, etc.

Investigators and prosecutors will have heaps of issues to wade through.  I wonder if they'll take into account Trump's taunt during the campaign, "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails which are missing, ......."

That one sentence shows collusion and it shows Trump knew the Russians were actively engaged in skewing campaign in Trump's favor.   

Imagine a 14 yr old girl gets cornered at a party by some older boys who are acting like they're going to rape her.  She calls out, "Daddy, if you can hear me, bring your loaded shotgun to get me out of this danger!"        The girl indicates she knows her daddy has a shotgun, and he would be eager to use it for her defense.

What a vivid imagination.  The last paragraph is a lulu and irrelevant.  Why is it that you speak as if what you say is factual, has been proved and Trump in in the deep end.

"Additionally, there are another slew of issues re; other law-breaking, such as obstruction of justice, abusing the powers of the president, nepotism, self-enrichment using the prez office, laundering oligarch money, etc."

This part of your post is preposterous.  You speak as if totally qualified to exhort your virtuous propaganda in an open forum and expect that all an sundry believe it.  Please, you can talk about it all you want but let if be factual and not just your hoping and wishing.:wai: 

Just now, Si Thea01 said:

What a vivid imagination.  The last paragraph is a lulu and irrelevant.  Why is it that you speak as if what you say is factual, has been proved and Trump in in the deep end.

"Additionally, there are another slew of issues re; other law-breaking, such as obstruction of justice, abusing the powers of the president, nepotism, self-enrichment using the prez office, laundering oligarch money, etc."

This part of your post is preposterous.  You speak as if totally qualified to exhort your virtuous propaganda in an open forum and expect that all an sundry believe it.  Please, you can talk about it all you want but let if be factual and not just your hoping and wishing.:wai: 

comparisons are what we use. It's a cultural thing.  The Bible is rife with them.  So are court cases.

What's preposterous about; obstruction of justice, abusing the powers of the president, nepotism, self-enrichment using the president's office, laundering oligarch money,...  ?

To many Americans, those are serious issues.  Americans don't want their prez to be immersed in illegal activities.

You'll note that the Monica Lewinski thing which almost brought down Bill Clinton, was not the original issue that the Special Prosecutor dealt with.  Ken Starr was initially looking at other things, such as a real estate deal.  It was only months later that Starr latched on to the stain on the blue dress, and Republicans all started salivating with hard-ons.  

9 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

comparisons are what we use. It's a cultural thing.  The Bible is rife with them.  So are court cases.

What's preposterous about; obstruction of justice, abusing the powers of the president, nepotism, self-enrichment using the president's office, laundering oligarch money,...  ?

To many Americans, those are serious issues.  Americans don't want their prez to be immersed in illegal activities.

You'll note that the Monica Lewinski thing which almost brought down Bill Clinton, was not the original issue that the Special Prosecutor dealt with.  Ken Starr was initially looking at other things, such as a real estate deal.  It was only months later that Starr latched on to the stain on the blue dress, and Republicans all started salivating with hard-ons.  

The preposterous part is that you are putting it out as if it s factual, which at this time it is not.  If it comes to fruition that what you allege turns out to be factual then I for one will admit that I am wrong and you can tell me that you told me so.  However, I do not think that you should work on the supposition that he has actually committed everything you allege he has, not until you have direct factual evidence, which I am sure you do not have and like me, never will. :wai:

19 hours ago, Johpa said:

Zero evidence of what? Comey states, under oath, that Russia made concerted efforts to interfere in the electoral process.  Trumps people had numerous documented meetings with Russian government officials, including known intelligence operatives, and some meetings after being warned of Russian intent.  That is the smoke.  Mueller will clear the smoke. And maybe there is no fire, just smoke.  Maybe. But if you really want to begin to clear the air of smoke, ask your man to release his tax returns.

Evidence of collusion to influence the election.

What has tax returns got to do with the OP?

9 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

I happen to like freedom of the press and freedom of speech, as allowed in the US.  How about you?

I agree with freedom of speech.

I agree with constitutional protection of the 4th estate.

But - I think that when the any media organisation moves outside of reporting facts and into making stuff up, they are no longer part of the 4th estate and no longer eligible for any sort of protection. They are free to say what they like but they no longer enjoy protection as valued contributors to society.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Evidence of collusion to influence the election.

What has tax returns got to do with the OP?

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas.  And if evidence of collusion simply showed up on one's doorstep then indeed there would be no need for a special prosecutor to look into matters and we could all just drop the matter and get on with our business.

As for the tax returns, they would either affirm or rebuke Trump's son's statement that the Trump organization has long been borrowing money from Russian banks. A heavy debt to Russian banks would give a motive if, and yes it is a big if, any collusion was going on.

1 hour ago, Dagnabbit said:

I agree with freedom of speech.

I agree with constitutional protection of the 4th estate.

But - I think that when the any media organisation moves outside of reporting facts and into making stuff up, they are no longer part of the 4th estate and no longer eligible for any sort of protection. They are free to say what they like but they no longer enjoy protection as valued contributors to society.

Well, as much as I dislike Breitbart, I still believe they should be allowed to publish their tripe. After careful reflection, you'll feel the same way. I hope.

10 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Well, as much as I dislike Breitbart, I still believe they should be allowed to publish their tripe. After careful reflection, you'll feel the same way. I hope.

My only problem with Breitbart is that they are online only, so I can't use them to line my birdcage.

8 hours ago, stander said:

May 3rd: GRASSLEY: "Director Comey have you ever been an anonymous source in news reports about matters relating to the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation?" 

Comey was fired on May 9.  I don't know where you come from, but in my universe May 9 comes after May 3.

Silly witch hunt is over. Liberals are getting nowhere fast and American people are seeing these fake accusations and blotted news hype for what it is, liberal hysteria. 

http://constitution.com/liberal-law-professor-says-comey-testimony-proves-trump-innocent-obstruction/

http://www.investors.com/politics/ibdtipp-poll-americans-see-anti-trump-media-political-witch-hunt-pushing-russia-investigation/

Edited by funandsuninbangkok

14 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Silly witch hunt is over. Liberals are getting nowhere fast and American people are seeing these fake accusations and blotted news hype for what it is, liberal hysteria. 

http://constitution.com/liberal-law-professor-says-comey-testimony-proves-trump-innocent-obstruction/

http://www.investors.com/politics/ibdtipp-poll-americans-see-anti-trump-media-political-witch-hunt-pushing-russia-investigation/

Call it what you will, Bob Mueller still has a job.

Another day dawns, in the eastern hemisphere, and still the 'link with Russia', or indeed any 'evidence' has still not been produced, let alone anything proved.

How much longer will this go on??

I guess the tiresome reply may be, "As long as it takes".

Edited by F4UCorsair

Another day dawns, in the eastern hemisphere, and still the 'link with Russia', or indeed any 'evidence' has still not been produced, let alone anything proved.

Until the buffoon is impeached or incarcerated!

Is that long enough?

18 hours ago, stander said:

And Comey told the truth. He has never been the  source. He gave the memos to a friend. It was the friend who was the source. Comey was smart enough to know that he might well be asked this very question under oath at some point, and that is one of the primary reasons why he was careful not to directly leak the memos himself. Nice try, though.

11 minutes ago, Traveler19491 said:

And Comey told the truth. He has never been the  source. He gave the memos to a friend. It was the friend who was the source. Comey was smart enough to know that he might well be asked this very question under oath at some point, and that is one of the primary reasons why he was careful not to directly leak the memos himself. Nice try, though.

If Comey had given the memo to a friend and authorized a leak, it would be a meaningless distinction to say he didn't leak it. But the fact is, the leak happened after Comey was fired.  So he was telling the truth to Senator Grassley. This video just goes to show how low the alt-right press will go.

16 minutes ago, Traveler19491 said:

Hahahaha….

Snowden and Manning also never really leaked….they passed the materials on to 'sources'…..so both are clean as a whistle as well, according to your logic.

17 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

The preposterous part is that you are putting it out as if it s factual, which at this time it is not.  If it comes to fruition that what you allege turns out to be factual then I for one will admit that I am wrong and you can tell me that you told me so.  However, I do not think that you should work on the supposition that he has actually committed everything you allege he has, not until you have direct factual evidence, which I am sure you do not have and like me, never will. :wai:

Your insistence on whining about the fact that those not enamored of Trump continue to post about issues that have long been in the media with regard to Trump and his questionable behavior is seriously lame. At no time has anyone posited that they are facts. These are all accusations. No one put anything out as factual. Boomerangutang noted that it is likely that the Special Counsel will be interested in looking into these accusations. Your delicate feelings with regard to Trump notwithstanding, these are  issues that the Special Counsel will probably look into. Your insistence that everyone on here comply with your expectations as to what "suppositions" they should and shouldn't operate on is a bit much.

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Hahahaha….

Snowden and Manning also never really leaked….they passed the materials on to 'sources'…..so both are clean as a whistle as well, according to your logic.

comey didn't leaked classified info that compromises national safety, how hard is that to understand?

3 minutes ago, mike324 said:

comey didn't leaked classified info that compromises national safety, how hard is that to understand?

Thats true….just trying to establish the conditions that make someone a leaker….that would be the person from whom the materials originally came from. Carry on.

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

Thats true….just trying to establish the conditions that make someone a leaker….that would be the person from whom the materials originally came from. Carry on.

...yup carry on - how many things have Trump leaked?! hahahaha 

4 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

There is a broad investigation into Russia trying to influence the election, lots of indisputable evidence. As "part" of that broad investigation, there is also an investigation into possible collusion etc. The investigation is into Russian melding, and to a lesser extent trump, or any,  collusion.

A big part of Comeys testimony was, Yes the Russians tried to influence, yes there is evidence, Trump is doing nothing about the Major issue of Russian meddling and everything about defending the smaller part of the investigation, collusion.

Indisputable evidence has been produced for 90% of the investigation, and the 10% is still being looked into, who were they talking to.

The 10% is what was discussed in the closed sessions, thats why it is a closed session, they have stuff to talk about.

Edited by Peterw42

5 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Well, he did share information that had been entrusted to the USA by an ally on the condition that it be kept confidential. And then he confirmed that the ally was Israel.

you personally may not like that he shared what he shared but he has executive privilege to act as he sees fit. When you become president you can show the world how its done.

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

you personally may not like that he shared what he shared but he has executive privilege to act as he sees fit. When you become president you can show the world how its done.

Tell that to the Israelis.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

(of secret information) become known.

‘worrying stories leaked out’

More example sentences
Synonyms
  1. 2.1with object Intentionally disclose (secret information)
    ‘a report was leaked to the press’

‘a leaked government document’
Edited by ilostmypassword