Family complain that dogs are protected more than people after sickening attack on four year old child

rooster59

Family complain that dogs are protected more than people after sickening attack on four year old child

aHR0cDovL3BlMS5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQ3MS8yMzU1MTAyL25ld3MxOS5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

A Hua Hin family has questioned what it more important: A harmless little child or a vicious stray dog?

And they have said they feel they can't do anything because of Thailand's strict animal cruelty laws that could mean they end up in jail.

While an ex TSPCA man has proved to be of little help seeming to side with the dog.

He just  said that the community should fork out cash for vaccinations so that when they do bite people they don't pass on disease.

Four year old Ochi who lives in Hua Hin was left with three deep gashes to her head and needed more than ten stitches after she was attacked by a dog left by a previous resident of some houses in an estate in the Hin Lek Fai sub-district.

She was just helping her parents put some trash out front of the house.

Sanook reporters caught up with the family of the little girl who was bandaged around her head but fortunately out of danger now after her mum took her for emergency treatment at a hospital.

Thanom an uncle said: "We are poor, who is going to take responsibility for this? The owner just left the dog here.

"I want to ask Thai society - what is more important, these dogs or people?

"We can't do anything because of the protection laws for dogs."

Strict laws passed in 2015 and praised by animal rights activists allow for jail terms for people hurting all animals including dogs. People can be jailed for up to four years and pay heavy fines up to 40,000 baht.

Chaicharn Laohasiripanya, a former secretary of the Thai Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Association said that the family would need to try and find the previous owner to get restitution.

Failing that they should club together with others in the community to have animals spayed and vaccinated against disease.

That way when the dogs did bite people they would not pass on diseases.

He acknowledged that this was a difficult case.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-10

'That way when the dogs did bite people they would not pass on diseases.'

Huh   !!!!!!

This kinda think really disgusts me .....   when are they going to start culling / killing the soi dogs that no one owns or takes any responsibility ...  ?????????????????????????

Thia's need to petition the government to change the laws on dogs & start culling every soi dog ... 

3 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

Dogs should be kept on their owners land, any dogs left out on the streets should be rounded up and taken to a dog rescue or culled.

Dog rescue   ?     and what ....  end up having to feed 2,000,000 flea infested mongrels ?

There's a pack of soi dogs on the street outside my condo, they tend to lay around on the footpath forcing tourist's to walk on the road, quite a few women with push chairs and children walking in the road, accident waiting to happen.

Dog rescue   ?     and what ....  end up having to feed 2,000,000 flea infested mongrels ?

Dog rescue impound for a month waiting for the "not owner" to claim it or a new owner to take it away.....the owner should of course have to pay for all vaccinations and for it to be microchiped with the owner details before allowed to take it away...if not claimed after a month them put it to sleep.

1 minute ago, johng said:

Dog rescue impound for a month waiting for the "not owner" to claim it or a new owner to take it away.....the owner should of course have to pay for all vaccinations and for it to be microchiped with the owner details before allowed to take it away...if not claimed after a month them put it to sleep.

lol ..... this is Thailand not downtown Bristol ...        no one owns these pests ....  they are vermin so just eradicate them ...  only then can kids play on the street safely

lol ..... this is Thailand not downtown Bristol ...        no one owns these pests ....  they are vermin so just eradicate them ...  only then can kids play on the street safely

Yes Thailand where the dog has better protections than the humans
due to the recent law ! while I agree they should be eradicated it seems the law doesn't agree...at least if they where rounded up and sent to a pound they (some not all)
would be off the streets, at the moment they are free to roam,bite,poop,bark,spread diseases,rummage through litter bags,cause accidents,form intimidating packs and generaly cause a nuisance....the "dog lovers" say feed them and neuter them...but if they love them so much why prolong their suffering and let them carry on causing suffering to others ?

Club together and euthanise the offending mutt. It will only be so emboldened by this victory that it's sure to attack again. People should be free to walk about in any public space without fear of being threatened or attacked by feral dogs. I have many dog stories from my 14 year stay here and 90% of them are bad.

Time for the TV dog experts to point out it was the kids fault cause the kid just had to pretend to pick up a rock or carry a squirtgun with ammonia or whatever.

As the "experts" have never been bitten by a dog it must mean that the rest of the population is just doing things wrong and should bare the blame.

To answer the question if kids or dogs are more important here:

kids of rich people are important, kids of poor people not.

Sorry to say it so bluntly, but this kid is worth almost nothing to the people in power so they don't care.

You will have to wait till the son of a high-up policeman, general, or local politician is being bitten for soi dogs to be removed.

1 hour ago, Araiwah said:

Club together and euthanise the offending mutt. It will only be so emboldened by this victory that it's sure to attack again. People should be free to walk about in any public space without fear of being threatened or attacked by feral dogs. I have many dog stories from my 14 year stay here and 90% of them are bad.

You should go ahead and do it...

Then get arrested for cruelty to animals and see how you get on.

When I was young many children go nipped by dogs. They learned something. Children here are indoctrinated to hit dogs with sticks so sometimes the dogs get their own back.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

You obviously not been down town in Bristol of late.... about 200 + beggars most with a complimentary dog that runs free and does it's business wherever it wants. (The beggars usually do aswell!)

Edited by goldenbrwn1

Just now, goldenbrwn1 said:

You obviously not been down town in Bristol of late.... about 200 + beggars most with a complimentary dog that runs free and does it's business wherever it wants.

why so many beggars  ?  don't they have a welfare system ...   ?

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

why so many beggars  ?  don't they have a welfare system ...   ?

Yep and a major drug and drink problem. Benefits only cover it for a day at most. Sorry in advance to the moderators ...seem to have gone slightly off topic but I suppose it's still a little relevant to the original post ?

Edited by goldenbrwn1

1 minute ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Yep and a major drug and drink problem. Benefits only cover it for a day at most.

that's a mirror of Australia ....  and I blame the do gooders .  Gov should have compulsary national service .... would have reduced crime, drugs, and given them some purpose. 

I know i'm 100% correct on this ....   imo

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

Time for the TV dog experts to point out it was the kids fault cause the kid just had to pretend to pick up a rock or carry a squirtgun with ammonia or whatever.

As the "experts" have never been bitten by a dog it must mean that the rest of the population is just doing things wrong and should bare the blame.

To answer the question if kids or dogs are more important here:

kids of rich people are important, kids of poor people not.

Sorry to say it so bluntly, but this kid is worth almost nothing to the people in power so they don't care.

You will have to wait till the son of a high-up policeman, general, or local politician is being bitten for soi dogs to be removed.

You must be clairvoyant. Immediately after your post, up comes one of the "experts." Yep, it was the kid's fault. Should have had a stick. Four years old vs feral mutt. Some people are very dumb.

If a dog bide a human in my country the police will decide if it has to be put to sleep (Killed) by a wet on the owners expense.
(All dogs is required by law to have ear chip and wear collar with owns address)

In 99% of the cases where a dog bit a child the dog is put to sleep, because it triggers a hunting gene and  it will continue to bite children...

Sad but in civilised countries humans comes first....

P.s

I love dogs

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Take your little girl to Bangkok with the bandages on and a placard and stand at the gate of the PM's office until somethings done .......

Prayut and soi dogs have a lot in common nothing would be done 

53 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

I like dogs think it's the owner fault 

I like dogs but these dogs running free are a danger to everybody. And how is the mighty general going to get Thailand rabies free by 2020 without culling them.

The UK have strict animal protection laws.  However, dogs must be on a leash when outside of your property by law.  Also, once a dog has bitten someone, it's considered dangerous and put down so never to bite again.

Thais really don't understand animal welfare.

The UK have strict animal protection laws.  However, dogs must be on a leash when outside of your property by law.  Also, once a dog has bitten someone, it's considered dangerous and put down so never to bite again.

Thais really don't understand animal welfare.

Absolutely correct.
I'm afraid even if they tried now it would take years to implement properly. Animal control laws in a lot of ways came into force as a result of attacks on children. A lesson that they will eventually learn but only the hard way.