Pp For Thai Baby And Baby Before Marriage

I've check out most threads in this forum but nothing says about the minimum age required for baby to have his own first Thai pp. I know there's one pdf file from Thai Consulate in LA that says something about baby's first pp, but it's in Thai.

My situation here is a bit different. just some background information. My fiancee is expected to deliver our baby in Sept in Thailand. But I cannot marry her until Feb next year when I get my Decree Nisi Absolute from Singapore Court. My present wife and I are separated but Singapore Court says they will only accept filing of divorce papers in Nov, and 3 months later from Nov to be granted Decree nisi Absolute. From what I gathered, registration of baby's birth and for the birth cert to include my name will not be a problem. According to one thread, it is advisable for me to be named as the informant as well (report the birth at Amphur), not to mention my name will appear as the father of the child.

My concern here is for the baby to have his/her first pp so that s/he can travel to Singapore and Malaysia. Singapore immigration authority has no problem granting my child citizenship by descent whether the child is delivered pre- or post-marriage, as long as at the time of citizenship application, I am legally married to my Thai fiancee and of course with the birth cert stating my name as father.

One thing about dual citizenship (DC) for Singaporeans. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my govt will reverse its policy and allow DC before my child reaches 21. It has been discussed in the govt, but nothing positive has come out of it.

My question here is, does anybody here have experienced problem(s) obtaining the first pp for babies? It will be good if I can hear from people sharing experience from the similar situation as I am.

Plus, if any of the forummers here have experienced conflicting accounts from I have just written, please advise. The only thing I cannot do now is commit polygamy by marrying my fiancee.

I welcome all opinions. Thanks, pals!

My two daughters have dual nationality. One born in London, one in Bangkok.

The only issue with getting passports was that the daughter born in London had a UK birth certificate, so could only apply for her Thai passport at the Thai Embassy in London as the passport office in Thailand (Laksi - relatively near the airport), wouldn't accept the foreign birth certificate.

So long as the paperwork is in order, (Thai birth certificate, mother's Thai ID card, your passport, etc.) you shouldn't have any problems, (and getting a passport for a baby is a lot faster than getting a passport for an adult as you get to queuejump at each step in the process at Laksi...)

My two daughters have dual nationality. One born in London, one in Bangkok.

The only issue with getting passports was that the daughter born in London had a UK birth certificate, so could only apply for her Thai passport at the Thai Embassy in London as the passport office in Thailand (Laksi - relatively near the airport), wouldn't accept the foreign birth certificate.

So long as the paperwork is in order, (Thai birth certificate, mother's Thai ID card, your passport, etc.) you shouldn't have any problems, (and getting a passport for a baby is a lot faster than getting a passport for an adult as you get to queuejump at each step in the process at Laksi...)

But alas, Singapore will not permit duality of nationality. It is either Sigaporean or Thai.

I just got my childs Thai passport and she was only 3 weeks old when we went and applied. I don;t know if there is a minumum age, but if there is it must be very young. You don't need to be married to the mother but ut would be helpful for you to be named as the father on the birth certificate. Takes 3 working days after the papaerwork is completed and costs Bt1000. It is the easiest passport I have ever seen to get, they even do the picture for you at the office.

I just got my childs Thai passport and she was only 3 weeks old when we went and applied. I don;t know if there is a minumum age, but if there is it must be very young. You don't need to be married to the mother but ut would be helpful for you to be named as the father on the birth certificate. Takes 3 working days after the papaerwork is completed and costs Bt1000. It is the easiest passport I have ever seen to get, they even do the picture for you at the office.

And you can also get an Australian passport for the child if you are registerd on the birth certificate as the father

Dr Pat Pong,

just to elaborate. Singapore allows DC for minors below 21 years of age. For boys, at age 16.5, the national service (NS) liability kicks in. In other words, it becomes an offence in singapore for males who keep a singapore pp at that age but failed to do compulsory NS later. There is no excuse for any male citizen not to do NS if he holds onto singapore pp after 16.5. I understand that in Thailand, citizens are excuse from NS if they can show that they are residing abroad at the time of NS selection.

And there is a catch. Once the boy is granted citizenship in Singapore, he cannot give up the citizenship before he turns 21, hence, he has to serve NS in Singapore first before deciding which citizenship to relinquish at 21. So, Singaporean parents play an important role here in deciding the NS fate for their boys.

At age 21, all Singapore males and females holding DC then decide which nationality to relinquish.

One sentence to describe it all- there's no free lunch in this tiny island.

I keep my fingers crossed and hope DC policy will be different 21 years from now so that my child can keep two citizenships, and provided DC for Thailand remains status quo.

acesalan,

somethign I forgot to mention about getting the baby passport. You can't do it by mail you have to actually go to the office. Main reasons being the picture, but also since the baby can't sign the passport, they take a footprint and that is put inside the passport as a signature. Not that you can see any of the lines, but it is there anyway.

Dr PP, why would he care about getting an Australian Passport for his baby? Isn;t he from Singapore?

Main reasons being the picture, but also since the baby can't sign the passport, they take a footprint and that is put inside the passport as a signature. Not that you can see any of the lines, but it is there anyway.

You may not be able to see all the lines of the footprint in the passport, but it will be in the Passport office computer!!

The new system is very impressive with all the documents scanned as you apply, for instant recall.

A good model for many other nations!!

acesalan,

somethign I forgot to mention about getting the baby passport. You can't do it by mail you have to actually go to the office. Main reasons being the picture, but also since the baby can't sign the passport, they take a footprint and that is put inside the passport as a signature. Not that you can see any of the lines, but it is there anyway.

Dr PP, why would he care about getting an Australian Passport for his baby? Isn;t he from Singapore?

That was for you Oz

Dr Pat Pong,

just to elaborate. Singapore allows DC for minors below 21 years of age. For boys, at age 16.5, the national service (NS) liability kicks in. In other words, it becomes an offence in singapore for males who keep a singapore pp at that age but failed to do compulsory NS later. There is no excuse for any male citizen not to do NS if he holds onto singapore pp after 16.5. I understand that in Thailand, citizens are excuse from NS if they can show that they are residing abroad at the time of NS selection.

And there is a catch. Once the boy is granted citizenship in Singapore, he cannot give up the citizenship before he turns 21, hence, he has to serve NS in Singapore first before deciding which citizenship to relinquish at 21. So, Singaporean parents play an important role here in deciding the NS fate for their boys.

At age 21, all Singapore males and females holding DC then decide which nationality to relinquish.

One sentence to describe it all- there's no free lunch in this tiny island.

I keep my fingers crossed and hope DC policy will be different 21 years from now so that my child can keep two citizenships, and provided DC for Thailand remains status quo.

Than you for elaborating, and enlightening me on this. Malaysia is very tough, and I heard that Singapura had followed suit.