Rossi "not very happy" with MotoGP's likely Thailand race

rooster59

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

130 thousand Euro for a bottle of brut ?!

Hope it was a magnum.

Brut does go well with french fries.

So no prob with private jet into airport miles north of town.

Surely the Kingdom could find some way to accommodate Fido.

On 6/10/2017 at 2:45 PM, johng said:

So what happened to the "Bira" racing circuit in Chonburi wasn't that billed as an international world stardard track ?

Bira has been sold couple years ago, I believe the buyer intends to shut it down and turn it into  a mooban.

But if private investors can set up track around chonburi, it would be very popular due to the location.

3 hours ago, papa al said:

130 thousand Euro for a bottle of brut ?!

Hope it was a magnum.

Brut does go well with french fries.

So no prob with private jet into airport miles north of town.

Surely the Kingdom could find some way to accommodate Fido.

Actually it was a 30 liter bottle, magnum bottles are so yesteryear :smile: By the way a 30 liter bottle is called a Melchizedek, just in case you get wild ideas...hahah

Edited by Richard-BKK

So Rossi's first impressions from a couple of years ago, without turning a wheel on the track, are considered gospel? Yeah, its not PI or Mugello, but lets lets the show go on before rushing to judgement!

As to being isolated... riders have different needs than do spectators so... take it with a grain of salt!!

Edited by mikebike

4 hours ago, Richard-BKK said:

Vittel (Nestle brand) is actual a bottle of water.. at 12 Euro..

And Coca Cola (Coca Cola brand) is actually Coca Cola.. at 12 Euro

(6th item from bottom)

A 62 gun Royal Salute was a bit over the top though, and likely pissed off those trying to sleep in the chambre next door.

(Alright, I know Royal Salute 62 gun (Pernod Ricard brand) is actually a Scotch Whiskey. I was being facetious).

On 12/06/2017 at 6:48 AM, Richard-BKK said:

I cannot imagine you get a bill in Buriram like this, by the way that's in Euros

Monaco-2017.png

Off topic.

In the mid 90's we were on one of our annual Euro runs; Harleys, Brit bikes, Guzzis, loud, long hair, beards, tatts, back patch club, and we decided we had to call in to Monaco, be rude not to, ride round the town centre and find a cafe that sold a cup of coffee for 10 euros. We found one. Easily. Then we rode out and left, carried on our journey to or from Italy...

1 hour ago, electric said:

Interesting it is ..... but have I missed something here ?

How does a ridiculously expensive Monte Carlo restaurant bill find a legitimate place in this thread ?

While a Grand-Prix racing event is mainly about racing, it is also about the whole circus around it. In the interview in which Valentino Rossi expressed his ideas about Chang International Circuit Buriram he also indicated that the circuit is far from everything… what is the nearest (official) 5-star hotel? Where is the nearest location where a race team can hold an after party?

Yes, riding an R3 will give a good indication of what the track is like on a M1. I guess that's why you see so many MGP teams sharing parts and set-ups with the Moto3 guys. LOL!!

We get it. Its NOT a flowing European track. News flash: neither is COTA. And Termas de Rio Hondo in Argentina is sooo close to everything too...

26 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Yes, riding an R3 will give a good indication of what the track is like on a M1. I guess that's why you see so many MGP teams sharing parts and set-ups with the Moto3 guys. LOL!!

We get it. Its NOT a flowing European track. News flash: neither is COTA. And Termas de Rio Hondo in Argentina is sooo close to everything too...

Valentino Rossi sometimes inspects a track on a 50cc scooter, and in his earlier days he walked the track sometimes… Maybe a Yamaha YZF-R3 gives a bit more info than a 50cc scoot… who knows…

By the way the person who designed the Chang International Circuit Buriram also designed COTA (Circuit of the Americas) and about 28 more which a good amount are on the MotoGP circuit list...

Walking (which many riders do) or riding a track on a scoot is not to understand how a powerful MGP bike and its tyres will accelerate or brake or turn or "feel" at that particular track. It is to understand the subtleties and nuances at 100th of the pace.

My issue is with peeps taking seriously the, somewhat shabby, reporting attempting to generate a buzz... there's no bad promotion! But wouldn't WSBK's take on Buriram be more accurate and beneficial than Rossi's without ever turning a wheel in anger on the track?

Rossi  certainly  has  his  capability  but if  he  so wants  a track that can beat  him  then let  him  fund/sponsor  one.

His  status  to  date  is  certainly  to  his  credit  but eventually  he  will  be  displaced  by  someone  who  came  up  on tracks now   dismissed  by  him.

Stars  have  their  time  but  never  forever.

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, PremiumLane said:

Maybe they will sue Rossi for defamation :shock1: 

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 2:42 PM, DILLIGAD said:

Another reason not to turn up, then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he pisses off Newin, a law suit would be the least of his worries.

On 6/10/2017 at 8:08 PM, johng said:

U-Tapao is quite a way from Buriram !

On 6/11/2017 at 11:05 PM, TEFLKrabi said:

You do know there's an airport at Buriram which should take international flights from next year?

Or he could use one of the track straights. :whistling:

On 2017-6-10 at 2:25 PM, idman said:

When a multiple World champion tells you this place is not suitable for a Moto GP race they had better listen. Having been to the circuit, having rode the circuit, having seen just how far out of the way Buriram is Rossi is not just talking out of his arse. Newin and all his money cannot change the facts nor dispute Rossi's expert opinion.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

He not said that its not suitable!

Its boring for him - thats all.

Last time he had not to race so he had time and - yes there is not much in Buriram for Night Life and such.

But this time he is racing and anyway no time for fooling around.?

Sepang in Malaysia is also, a good hour+ from everything = Kuala Lumpur - Buriram is 4 hours - he shall fly in and out with a plane and have fun in Bangkok if he needs that. ?

From a spectators perspective it is SUPER - you see the whole circuit from all seats.?

Only - there will be a massive shortage in rooms in and around Buriram.

Not many Hotels there and mostly smaller ones.

On 2017-6-10 at 2:45 PM, johng said:

So what happened to the "Bira" racing circuit in Chonburi wasn't that billed as an international world stardard track ?

Its old and outdated in all ways. ??

On 2017-6-10 at 3:48 PM, prakhonchai nick said:

Are there no restrictions/quarantine on bringing dogs and other domestic animals into Thailand?

No problem to bring a dog in and out - but I believe a English Bulldog will not prefer very hot conditions same in Buriram or Kuala Lumpur. ????

On 2017-6-10 at 5:08 PM, Blue bruce said:

What does he mean it's in the middle of nowhere. There are plenty of nice bars and restaurants in Buriram.  Nice hotels also and always beautiful Thai ladies .

What's wrong with this guy ? ? ?.

I was three times there to look races and cannot second that.Lol?

In comparison to Touristic places same Pattaya Phuket Bangkok Koh Samui Chiang Mai its less then Khon Kaen Udon Thani ect - its nearly no Night Life there, but surely has enough Restaurants.

Special in 2 big mostly deserted from customers shopping centers. ?

Hotels and rooms are limited and the Superbike WSB Championships filled them already!

Posdibly not enough rooms for Moto Gp ?

On 2017-6-10 at 6:01 PM, Richard-BKK said:

Valentino Rossi, is the Highest-Paid Athletes Over The Past Decade. And that is without his on the side activity... Which likely is also a few million green per month...

The Thai customs had informed on his last visit that his dog needed to stay 30 days in guaranty...

No quarantine if you make all vaccine in order - should not be a problem

?

I imported a Dogue de Bordeaux 2002 myself from Austria without any problem. 

http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/thailand.cfm