Rents in Ban Chang

overherebc

In my humble opinion: Anyone buying a house in this area for 30 Mil Bht is an Optimist. A wise man once said  "The foundation of optimism is based on the lack of information".

Of course, I could be wrong. In 100 years the 30 Mil property might be worth 31 Mil.:sleep:

Cheers.

17 minutes ago, swissie said:

In my humble opinion: Anyone buying a house in this area for 30 Mil Bht is an Optimist. A wise man once said  "The foundation of optimism is based on the lack of information".

Of course, I could be wrong. In 100 years the 30 Mil property might be worth 31 Mil.:sleep:

Cheers.

I like your post but I would use another word and it's not optomist.

??

Some are mental, and wont drop their price at all!!

I was looking at a double shop on the bypass road a couple of years ago 60K a month they wanted, i offered them half of that which is much more realistic, by now they could have had 720,000 in rent.....but guess what.....it's still empty!!, 

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

I like your post but I would use another word and it's not optomist.

??

I was tempted to use  a stronger word than "Optimist". But then, I dont know if the "mods" would let pass words like Idiots, Morons and Farang-Investors, incapable of using a pocket calculator. TV has cetain connections to the local R/E Circus. So, I will stay with the "Optimistic" Investor-Version.

Cheers. 

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

Planes going overhead at low level on full power for take off every 30 minutes of every day makes a property more valuable. 

A nice concept. ??

They must take off out to sea. By the time they loop around you can barely hear them (from ES Golf anyway). Never hear any noise from those landing. Only noise we ever get is the navy fighters (and they can only afford enough juice for a couple of days a month):wink:

1 hour ago, wilai said:

They must take off out to sea. By the time they loop around you can barely hear them (from ES Golf anyway). Never hear any noise from those landing. Only noise we ever get is the navy fighters (and they can only afford enough juice for a couple of days a month):wink:

Agree, at the moment.

??

On 6/11/2017 at 6:09 PM, wilai said:

When the wind direction is from the SW they take off over the sea, during the NE monsoon winds they take off over the land.

2 hours ago, Rimmer said:

When the wind direction is from the SW they take off over the sea, during the NE monsoon winds they take off over the land.

Only the planes that take off over the sea loop around Ban Chang, and you see, rather than hear them...On the (rare) occasions the wind is not the prevailing SW, they take off well to the west of the town and there is no noise pollution whatever to the East of U-Tapao :smile:

I live in Vintage in Eastern Star and don't hear much noise from planes, I get a great nights sleep. I  rented my house out for 40,000 Baht a month for 2 years before I decided to live in it myself. I've found that in some estates in Ban Chang the rents are depressed as a result of competition and landlords are desperate to rent out their properties.

Been looking around and a few places on the beach asking 20 to 30 mil.

Found this place at about 28mil very near the beach but unfortunately ? it's not in BanChang.

And I can buy it in my name.

128467_GV201511-A-4038_IMG_01_0000_max_620x414.jpg

Edited by overherebc

21 hours ago, Big Guns said:

I live in Vintage in Eastern Star and don't hear much noise from planes, I get a great nights sleep. I  rented my house out for 40,000 Baht a month for 2 years before I decided to live in it myself. I've found that in some estates in Ban Chang the rents are depressed as a result of competition and landlords are desperate to rent out their properties.

Some say depressed, others would say realistic :-)

On 6/15/2017 at 10:25 AM, overherebc said:

Been looking around and a few places on the beach asking 20 to 30 mil.

Found this place at about 28mil very near the beach but unfortunately ? it's not in BanChang.

And I can buy it in my name.

128467_GV201511-A-4038_IMG_01_0000_max_620x414.jpg

Where did you find this house............North Korea??

23 hours ago, overherebc said:

I have a friend who recently sold a condo and returned to Europe. After selling at a loss she found out that the condo block had a two price system with about 300,000 to 500,000 being added if you weren't local.

Very common here.

5 minutes ago, Jessi said:

Where did you find this house............North Korea??

Spain.

Close to the coast, 5 bedrooms 3 with bathrooms, about 1 acre of mature garden. Fully furnished all rooms and looks quality.

Why spend the same here and you can't leave it to who you want? eg someone who has kids from a previous in UK etc.

Have a google at rightmove.spain/france/italy. Stick in your lowest/highest price etc and take a look.

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

Spain.

Close to the coast, 5 bedrooms 3 with bathrooms, about 1 acre of mature garden. Fully furnished all rooms and looks quality.

Why spend the same here and you can't leave it to who you want? eg someone who has kids from a previous in UK etc.

Have a google at rightmove.spain/france/italy. Stick in your lowest/highest price etc and take a look.

If this house was in Ban Chang there would be major plumbing problems.

Now there is a challenge finding a good plumber in Ban Chang.