China building railroad in Thailand, or is it just a "Trojan Horse"

doggie1955

8 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

I was the one being called a 'liberal'. I do not understand your anti-American point. I even followed up the post by saying I would happily support America if they actually put their beliefs around the world into action. Have these army bases to install democracy but then do not accept democracy if it is not the people they want. That is not being liberal or anti-American, it is just calling the government out at the time. To be pro-American does it mean you have to get 'down on your knees' with every topic if i can use the OPs words? If being 'pro' something means I must never critique a government, then I am pro no one or anti no one. So again, your words are very confusing. 

America bringing democracy to the world is a myth and a farce.. American policy has always been directed to domination of resources and profit.. the list of thugs that America has supported is too long list.. America's treatment of Australia is no different... their biggest companies raping Australia's resources pay no tax to Australia.. their bases do not give us protection.. they make us a target.. the only favor that America has done is Trump's walk away from the TTP..  Imaging signing an agreement where America's biggest companies can sue your government if their laws get in the way of their profits.. 

14 hours ago, masuk said:

Same all over Australia.  They're buying land and property all over, and seem to have loads of cash to pay top prices.   No rules in Oz about foreign ownership unless it happens to be a few thousand sq km of cattle station.

They single handedly drove up housing prices in Vancouver and moved to Seattle and did the same thing.

Pay off million dollar homes. and many just sit vacant.

11 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Of course they have cash to pay. That's the upside of making cheap, selling cheap.

Just Alibaba going public created thousands of millionaires.  They also are wanting to get their money out of China.

23 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

Didn't the Republican Ron Paul say that the US has military personal in 130 countries and has 900 overseas bases?

First thing that comes up on Google is:

'The main sources of information on these military installations (e.g. C. Johnson, the NATO Watch Committee, the International Network for the Abolition of Foreign Military Bases) reveal that the US operates and/or controls between 700 and 800 military bases Worldwide'.

Correct me if it is wrong....but where did you get 38 from? Nearly every single quick search says around the 700-800 mark. I couldn't care to go into a deep enough search to find 38, as it seemed far too difficult lol.

Even 38 bases means America cannot complain about another country moving in anywhere.

So yes, it is paranoia of another country taking over the world (rather than the US having it). Personally, coming from Australia, i would prefer to be with China anyway. Greater business/trade opportunities. Not being involved in unjustified wars that makes us a terrorist threat...just so we can put some of these bases down lol. I would prefer America if they actually stood by their beliefs.

I said "Bases", not camps, hub's, depot's, site's...ect. ......Think of a base as a Aircraft Carrier, now think of all the rest as a bass boat. Do you think you can understand what I am trying to say.

30 minutes ago, doggie1955 said:

I said "Bases", not camps, hub's, depot's, site's...ect. ......Think of a base as a Aircraft Carrier, now think of all the rest as a bass boat. Do you think you can understand what I am trying to say.

Maybe you should inform the American politicians and all of the different departments/organisations of your definition. As it is apparently different to the rest of the worlds...

Republican Ron Paul said ''Bases'', not camps, hub's, depot's, site's...ect...

Want to be anymore specific?  haha

Edited by wildewillie89

22 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

Maybe you should inform the American politicians and all of the different departments/organisations of your definition. As it is apparently different to the rest of the worlds...

Republican Ron Paul said ''Bases'', not camps, hub's, depot's, site's...ect...

Want to be anymore specific?  haha

Ron Paul is just a liberal civilian, he knows nothing of the military...

1 hour ago, doggie1955 said:

Ron Paul is just a liberal civilian, he knows nothing of the military...

He would know a little more than your average civilian.
Also the various other world bodies, who have been specifically set up to find about how many bases there are and to try and reduce that number, generally have a pretty good estimate. 

But lets take your word for it, hey :)