China building railroad in Thailand, or is it just a "Trojan Horse"

doggie1955

With what is happening in the world with China and the south sea and all the the military base's China is setting up outside of China. Is there more to them on wanting to pay for a new railroad here in Thailand?

Just look at how the Chinese has been flooding into Thailand and buying up land like crazy, and are they here on vacation or recon? Thailand is the key for what they need to do in Southeast Asia.

So the new railway maybe just a Trojan House for them, and the Thai's will just drop to there knee's as before!

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-china-railway-idUSKCN11R0Q1

The Chinese coming to what is now Thailand is hardly a new phenomena,  they have been doing that for hundreds of years. Remember that the official capital was moved to what is now Bangkok and developed further during the time of Rama 1, prior to which it was already a predominately well established Chinese trading post at Thonburi

Edited by whatawonderfulday

Bit of a paranoid scenario,  don't see anything wrong with it as said Chinese been coming from right back in History.

Here's a Trojan snippet OP :-  :w00t:

The Thais moved from their ancestral home in southern China into mainland Southeast Asia around the 10th century AD.

Prior to this, what was known as Greater India the Indianized kingdoms ruled, such as the Mon who settled further to the west in Myanmar or Burma as it is also known.

Let's just say that China doesn't do anything out the goodness of it's

hearts, everything they do or give, has an agenda to it and strings attached,

so it's not even a Trojan horse, they go about it quite openly...

2 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

and all the the military base's China is setting up outside of China

As opposed to the hundreds of military bases that America has already set up outside of America?

By the looks of it, from the article you posted, the deal almost didn't go ahead. China wanted it to cost 16 billion, and now everyone has agreed on 5 billion. Not sure if that is dropping to your knees if you get the price you want. 

Thailand has always changed sides to benefit themselves. In this particular case it seems the price was too high initially to justify the benefit, it has been lowered, so Thai will use China to pay for some of their development. If it was America, or another country, paying some of the bill, then the same result would have occurred. They have wanted to connect Bkk to Korat for a long time now. 

I think you are just a little paranoid.

Edited by wildewillie89

1 hour ago, wildewillie89 said:

As opposed to the hundreds of military bases that America has already set up outside of America?

By the looks of it, from the article you posted, the deal almost didn't go ahead. China wanted it to cost 16 billion, and now everyone has agreed on 5 billion. Not sure if that is dropping to your knees if you get the price you want. 

Thailand has always changed sides to benefit themselves. In this particular case it seems the price was too high initially to justify the benefit, it has been lowered, so Thai will use China to pay for some of their development. If it was America, or another country, paying some of the bill, then the same result would have occurred. They have wanted to connect Bkk to Korat for a long time now. 

I think you are just a little paranoid.

Paranoid has nothing to do with it...it's just what Vietnam , India , S. Korea, and the USA have been watching and getting ready for in the last 6 months. Before Obama left office, he took a trip to Vietnam for a new arms deal with them because of the moves China is making in the south China sea. And the new V.P. also made the same trip to Vietnam and India to let them know that the USA has there backs....And were do you get hundreds of military bases at? America has 38 bases outside of the USA.....I bet you are a Liberal!

18 minutes ago, doggie1955 said:

Paranoid has nothing to do with it...it's just what Vietnam , India , S. Korea, and the USA have been watching and getting ready for in the last 6 months. Before Obama left office, he took a trip to Vietnam for a new arms deal with them because of the moves China is making in the south China sea. And the new V.P. also made the same trip to Vietnam and India to let them know that the USA has there backs....And were do you get hundreds of military bases at? America has 38 bases outside of the USA.....I bet you are a Liberal!

Didn't the Republican Ron Paul say that the US has military personal in 130 countries and has 900 overseas bases?

First thing that comes up on Google is:

'The main sources of information on these military installations (e.g. C. Johnson, the NATO Watch Committee, the International Network for the Abolition of Foreign Military Bases) reveal that the US operates and/or controls between 700 and 800 military bases Worldwide'.

Correct me if it is wrong....but where did you get 38 from? Nearly every single quick search says around the 700-800 mark. I couldn't care to go into a deep enough search to find 38, as it seemed far too difficult lol.

Even 38 bases means America cannot complain about another country moving in anywhere.

So yes, it is paranoia of another country taking over the world (rather than the US having it). Personally, coming from Australia, i would prefer to be with China anyway. Greater business/trade opportunities. Not being involved in unjustified wars that makes us a terrorist threat...just so we can put some of these bases down lol. I would prefer America if they actually stood by their beliefs.

Edited by wildewillie89

1 hour ago, doggie1955 said:

Ooops .... The total of America's military bases in other people's countries in 2005, according to official sources, was 737.   http://www.alternet.org/story/47998/737_u.s._military_bases_%3D_global_empire/

The communists polluted upwards of half of Chinese land and rivers, rendering them useless for the production of food. In addition, their male population includes > 30 million men who cannot find women cause they just aren't there.  Hence, the rice and the women are in SE Asia ... although China is not an imperialist nation by history, they do like to collect tribute -- one way or another . . .

Misinformed post, chinese have not been buying land unless they set up a company like any other westerner. Yes they have been very active in the past years in regards to buying condos, and there are real estate companies that set up office and buy land - but they are not gobbling it up. But again, any foreigner can do the same and some already have - eg. pan pacific group from singapore. As well as mitsubishi from japan has been partnering up with thais to build condos as well.

Building railway is beneficial for any neighboring country who has the technology to do so, even Japan wants in on it. So, no I don't see it as a Trojan horse.

Chinese coming to Thailand has a long history... "

History[edit]

There have been many theories proposing the origin of the Tai peoples — of which the Thai are a subgroup — including an association of the Tai people with the Kingdom of Nanzhao that has been proven to be invalid. Linguistic studies suggested[29] that the origin of the Tai people lies around the Chinese Province of Guangxi, where the Zhuang people are still a majority. The ancient Tai people are theorized to have founded the kingdom of Nanyue, referred to by Han leaders as a "foreign servant" (Chinese: ), synecdoche for a vassal state. The Qin dynasty founded Guangdong in 214 BC, initiating the successive waves of Chinese migrations from the north for hundreds of years to come.  Wikipedia.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_people

Of more current interest is the 'One Belt One Road'  initiative that China is pursuing.. re-establishing the old 'Silk Road' trading route .. the plan is to link ALL SE Asian countries (they even include Australia in their plans).. Burma (China has dreamed for centuries of connecting Yunnan to the Indian Ocean via Burma).. India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran.. (Oh.. East Africa as well).. and on to Europe..  the plan is well on its way..  a gas and oil pipeline from Arakan State, Burma to Yunnan...   the East West Corridor from Da Nang Vietnam straight through the middle of Thailand to Burma .. via Mae Sot.. multiple plans for fast rail in a number of SE Asian countries.. all connecting to China.. The building of island defenses in the South China Sea is to secure transportation routs through there.. as well as claim under sea resources..  While Trump muddles around building walls and excluding the US from trade agreements the Chinese have the bit between their teeth and are charging ahead with their grande plans..  better star learning Mandarin...

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Let's just say that China doesn't do anything out the goodness of it's

hearts, everything they do or give, has an agenda to it and strings attached,

so it's not even a Trojan horse, they go about it quite openly...

But it is a Trojan horse.

3 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

Didn't the Republican Ron Paul say that the US has military personal in 130 countries and has 900 overseas bases?

First thing that comes up on Google is:

'The main sources of information on these military installations (e.g. C. Johnson, the NATO Watch Committee, the International Network for the Abolition of Foreign Military Bases) reveal that the US operates and/or controls between 700 and 800 military bases Worldwide'.

Correct me if it is wrong....but where did you get 38 from? Nearly every single quick search says around the 700-800 mark. I couldn't care to go into a deep enough search to find 38, as it seemed far too difficult lol.

Even 38 bases means America cannot complain about another country moving in anywhere.

So yes, it is paranoia of another country taking over the world (rather than the US having it). Personally, coming from Australia, i would prefer to be with China anyway. Greater business/trade opportunities. Not being involved in unjustified wars that makes us a terrorist threat...just so we can put some of these bases down lol. I would prefer America if they actually stood by their beliefs.

As an Australian you prefer to be with China and the Chinese?

Because they, opposed to the US are examples of friendliness, honesty, reliability etc, etc, etc?

Really?

Like what they are doing in the seaways?

Maybe you should find some info about Chinese business in Africa?

Edited by hansnl

Just now, hansnl said:

As an Australian you prefer to be with China and the Chinese?

Because they, opposed to the US are examples of friendliness, honesty, reliability etc, etc, etc?

Really?

Like what they are doing in the seaways?

Not much difference to the U.S really. So why not get some closer ties seeing as it is them we do a lot of our trade with. 

8 hours ago, kannot said:

thought  foreigners  couldnt  buy  land? are  Chinese exempt?

Same all over Australia.  They're buying land and property all over, and seem to have loads of cash to pay top prices.   No rules in Oz about foreign ownership unless it happens to be a few thousand sq km of cattle station.

16 minutes ago, masuk said:

Same all over Australia.  They're buying land and property all over, and seem to have loads of cash to pay top prices.   No rules in Oz about foreign ownership unless it happens to be a few thousand sq km of cattle station.

...also bought the port of Darwin! 

4 hours ago, OmarZaid said:

Ooops .... The total of America's military bases in other people's countries in 2005, according to official sources, was 737.   http://www.alternet.org/story/47998/737_u.s._military_bases_%3D_global_empire/

The U.S. has military personnel throughout the world on different military bases.  But, the U.S. does not own these bases. They belong to the host country. There are U.S. military personnel stationed in the U.K. on British bases. Also, Germany on German bases. So on and so on..........................................

It's not just historic.  It was once said that Taksin's cabinet meetings could be held in the Chinese language and everybody would understand.  And not only in Chinese but in the dialect of  the area his grandfather came from.

8 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

HE is not so much a liberal as another Anti-American. The 

8 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

Seems It is just another anti-American taking every opportunity to bad mouth the USA. Hardly a topic that some anti-American doesn't try to turn into an anti-USA topic in some fashion. YMMV

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

HE is not so much a liberal as another Anti-American. The 

I was the one being called a 'liberal'. I do not understand your anti-American point. I even followed up the post by saying I would happily support America if they actually put their beliefs around the world into action. Have these army bases to install democracy but then do not accept democracy if it is not the people they want. That is not being liberal or anti-American, it is just calling the government out at the time. To be pro-American does it mean you have to get 'down on your knees' with every topic if i can use the OPs words? If being 'pro' something means I must never critique a government, then I am pro no one or anti no one. So again, your words are very confusing. 

Edited by wildewillie89