good notebook for 12 yo

1FinickyOne

My niece is having her 12th birthday... She wants a notebook and I would like to get her something decent, though not as pricey as an Apple...

She has a smart phone and ipad... I think she wants a camera too for making youtube videos??

Any good recommendations for both notebook and camera? 

2 hours ago, Jdietz said:

Seriously a 12 y/o doesn't need 3 iPhones and a laptop. Some good coloring books and a plushie toy maybe?

who said anything about 3 iphones? She does not have any iphones... -  - coloring books were fine when she was 5 yo - nothing wrong with wanting a kid to be technologically informed... unlike you who is not even close to answering the question... 

11 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

who said anything about 3 iphones? She does not have any iphones... -  - coloring books were fine when she was 5 yo - nothing wrong with wanting a kid to be technologically informed... unlike you who is not even close to answering the question... 

It was quite funny.

I would recommend Dell or Lenovo. I have Dell for a 8 years. And a Lenovo for a 5 years. They both work as new. They were traveling with me from Europe to Thailand, even to Laos. Were treated very badly during traveling. Not a single problem. Still working.

I wouldn't recommend brands like Acer or Asus. They are about 20% cheaper than Lenovo or Dell, but they will break down in a few months. My family had a few of them and they all break down. And they were just sitting on the table in the living room. Not abused as my computers. Still didn't last more then a year.

I would personaly go with Lenovo, as it's has more features for a working person. For a 12 years old girl I would recomend Dell, as it's more user friendly.