Married To Thai, Whats Needed For Visa

have lived, and been wed to my Thai wife for 16months now. Am going to Bangkok on Jan 5th to get(I hope) a 12 month visa. I know I need to show min of 40,000baht a month, also wedding cert and house registration in wifes name. Birth cert of (wifes) son, and photos on wife and I in and around house. Do I need anything else? I would hate to go to Bangkok and find I have forgotten something. Oh yes, my passport and wifes ID.

Thanks for any advice. :o

I am quite sure you will need your spouse with you. Have no experience under the new rules but that was always requirement number one before.

You will need 4x6cm photo for the TM.7 application. You really should have the wife call immigration and get a current list as web site has not been updated and if you have to change a tourist visa you will be subject to two sets of rules.

I am quite sure you will need your spouse with you. Have no experience under the new rules but that was always requirement number one before.

You will need 4x6cm photo for the TM.7 application. You really should have the wife call immigration and get a current list as web site has not been updated and if you have to change a tourist visa you will be subject to two sets of rules.

Yes, I will be changing from a tourist visa, how will that affect me? That was a good point Loburi, to phone the immagration, could you let me have either their number or their web site?

Many thanks for advice.

have lived, and been wed to my Thai wife for 16months now. Am going to Bangkok on Jan 5th to get(I hope) a 12 month visa. I know I need to show min of 40,000baht a month, also wedding cert and house registration in wifes name. Birth cert of (wifes) son, and photos on wife and I in and around house. Do I need anything else? I would hate to go to Bangkok and find I have forgotten something. Oh yes, my passport and wifes ID.

Thanks for any advice. :o

yes make sure that the 40 k per month is made by either you or your wife, it cannot be residual income

Yes, I will be changing from a tourist visa, how will that affect me? That was a good point Loburi, to phone the immagration, could you let me have either their number or their web site?

Many thanks for advice.

thats very helpful thank you.