compound maintenance fee

Living in a compound and having a contract signed with the company doing the compound maintenance. (security, cleaning roads, gardening general green areas etc. etc.)

Contract in the name of that company.

Monthly utility fees always paid into an account in the name of that company.

Now the company want the yearly maintenance fee paid into a personal account of one of the directors/share holders of that company.

Question: could this be legally correct?

I prefer payments due into the account in the name of the company for transparency reasons.

Please advice.

Sounds like tax evasion. Would always pay into the company account. Otherwise you might be challenge by the tax department as you have signed a contract whet it is stipulated how the payment has to be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Hi smutcakes, thanks for your reply.

It's not a change, but I only realize now the account to pay into is not in the company's name.

Having learned some lessons in Thailand, I like to be 100 % correct in doing these kind of things.

7 minutes ago, roberterik said:

Hi smutcakes, thanks for your reply.

It's not a change, but I only realize now the account to pay into is not in the company's name.

Having learned some lessons in Thailand, I like to be 100 % correct in doing these kind of things.

If its been this way previously and there has never been a problem it may just be one of those you have to run with, and hope for the best.

39 minutes ago, roberterik said:

Monthly utility fees always paid into an account in the name of that company.

Now the company want the yearly maintenance fee paid into a personal account of one of the directors/share holders of that company.

16 minutes ago, roberterik said:

You first said that it was a change, then you said that it isnt.

Which is it?

15 hours ago, roberterik said:

Sorry for the confusion. It's not a change, but I only realize now I have to pay into an account not the company's name.

Again, could this be legally correct?

Do you get an invoice prior to each payment, and does this invoice state the account number under payment terms?

If so, I think you have done everything you should. But after payment, you may want to email the company your transaction confirmation and ask for a receipt for this payment.