ZTE ZXHN H168N modem from 3bb

NanLaew

Does anyone know what the username/password protocol is for the above modem is? According to the manual, when it comes out of the box at 3bb, it is admin/last 4 digits of MAC address (on label on back). When they configure the modem in the shop and set up your wifi, does the modem than take on the account service username/password? I know that Linksys routers change the old default logins to new users logins automatically. Either way, when I get to the 3bb device login page on my browser (http://192.168.1.1/), it is variously rejecting username/password but when it accepts that, it ALWAYS rejects the Validate Code which is pretty weird as it is automatically created/updated as soon as you click on the empty validate code box.

I did a reset on my Linksys media router earlier today and now that it's on default settings, it won't connect with the above mentioned 3bb VDSL modem. It could well be an IP address conflict and I may need to change from automatic DHCP config to either PPPoE or most likely Bridge mode on my media router. It would be nice to see how the 3bb modem is configured but until I crack the login above, I will only be guessing.

Thanks!

NL

My issue was an IP address conflict. Changed the IP address in the media router and now it's back working like before giving me a separate and secure media LAN and wi-fi. I would still like to get into the 3BB modem/router setup as that wi-fi is used by the kids and I want to set up some restrictions.

10 hours ago, pbhansen said:

In Accordance With the Manual: 3.3 Wireless Setting , Step 2 "If you cannot login, after pressing the "reset" button for 3 seconds, it will restore to default then password is "3bb"". That worked for me!!

Yes, I considered that but the priority was on getting the media router running separately first. I didn't want to run the risk of resetting the 3BB modem and losing the internet although I do have the printout with the settings. Every other (previous) 3BB modem has been a breeze after doing a "reset" but there's always a first time! Good to know that resetting doesn't turn it into a brick and the need to take it to the 3BB shop for them to bugger around with.

Archived