Skepticism mounts over real value of FB ‘likes’

webfact

26 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

"Prayut disclosed recently that he has no social media accounts, as he prefers to have supporters in the real world rather than the virtual world."... The general sulking again.   I was never a fan of the Shinawats but given that Yingluck won the election by landslide, is it really so surprising she has that many likes/followers?

No its quite likely she has many real likes, not sure though that they are all legit. There are people who promote facebook accounts for a business. tag them like them get extra likes for them. It can be used as a tool. It would be a bit naive to think that politicians don't have marketing companies working for them that make sure their Facebook is liked and better promoted. During election time certain politicians in Europe used companies like that to promote their twitter and or facebook. So I certainly believe it would happen here too. That does not mean i think all her likes are fake. I have more doubt with the son of Thaksin then YL. (but also don't think all his likes are fake) Same goes for the other side. I think they all use companies to promote them. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

You believe all the likes of all the politicians are real ? Are you crazy, have you seen how easy it is to buy likes... Thaksins son.. so many likes.. are you sure ? Id bet my life on it that some of the politicians bought likes. I guess your not that IT good at IT.. this is not a secret that likes are bought. 

Just google buying likes and see how many pages come up. 

So, because you don't like Thaksin's son, it is impossible for him to be popular?

You have absolutely zero evidence that any politician on that list has bought a single "like".

Maybe some have, maybe all of them have or maybe none of them have - you don't know!

Yet you're willing to bet your life?

Your willingness to tow the Junta line is beguiling.

13 hours ago, Smarter Than You said:

So, because you don't like Thaksin's son, it is impossible for him to be popular?

You have absolutely zero evidence that any politician on that list has bought a single "like".

Maybe some have, maybe all of them have or maybe none of them have - you don't know!

Yet you're willing to bet your life?

Your willingness to tow the Junta line is beguiling.

I guess you did not read any of my following posts. But that is on par with you.. you like to pretend to be smarter and so on. But in reality you know nothing. See my post ID:33. Its unbelievable that people like you exist you have no knowledge of how facebook likes work and how there are marketing companies to help you and how easy it is to buy them yourself. You also have no idea how widespread it is.

Just like you I have no proof.. you have no proof he did not buy them at all (and others too on both sides). In this day and age facebook is a tool. Only a fool would manage it himself and not have a professional bureau helping them. This has been the case with European politicians too I see no reason why it would not be the same here too.