Atm -- all in thai

Kasikorn bank card. Penang, hsbc atm. I've used hsbc's atms in other countries including Penang -- no problem.

This time I inserted the card and .... tadaaaam .... everything is in thai! No button to switch the language! Only 2 buttons -- balance and withdraw as I learned later. Why? Because those who possess a thai bank card must be thai and thus understand thai! I've gone mad. I used other atms in the hall -- the same thing. I asked a manager -- "no switch a language functionality". :post-4641-1156693976:

On using ATM's I am always a bit cautious when the machines are not in well crowded areas like a public mall, airport or similar. I tend to avoid the machines even in front of banks, if I feel that the area is not well lit and watched....the skimmers and their trade after all have no limits to their immagination...

I had the same issue in Kuala Lumpur last year. As I was at the airport, there was plenty of ATM machine next to each others. I tried the next one and got the english option.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Most banks here are now staffed with tellers that automatically recognise those that are not Thai by their frowns, poor attire, and bad attitudes but they still seem to auto default to Thai language...