Thailand to launch new 10 year multiple entry visa for over 50s

rooster59

28 minutes ago, Jools said:

Paying USA prices for health insurance in a third world country. Really smart. These monkeys are making a KILLING off your type.

I do not pay US prices. I am not sure what you mean by "your type"? Do you mean someone who likes to cover possible scenarios in order to protect my families welfare as far as possible. Then I fail to see how I am supporting "monkeys" to make a killing?

As an aside I also have life/motor/accident and home insurance. So what does that make me? IMHO, smart and responsible.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How easy is it to get your money out of the country if needed..

And of course nothing will change under a different government.

Will it apply to people that already own houses.. there was a story in the visa forum the other day seems he could qualify but couldnt get in to thailand because no 20,000 baht in cash.

Thanks ill pass it seems another way of bring your money.

How many bought into the gold card scam years ago.

10 hours ago, srchino said:

Actually there are many scams being carried out with impunity in Thailand, so many directed at foreigners. That’s why the best thing to do is to just keep investments outside of LoS in some system that you understand, and just enjoy the place for what it is: a good place to spend money and enjoy life.

We (only lived there 3 months a year) so did keep the cash out of the place, but they thought Oh rich man con him for £200.000 he can afford it and we be happy with his money, take his passport and he cannot travel until he pays us our con money

Wrong got fed up with the little s>>>> and went out the same way Yingluck did the very same crossing point, but did it a few months be 4 her.

So you expect me to love the place after being held there on a con for a year, Sorry I cannot.

I was at the opening of a Thai Restaurant here in the UK yesterday and spoke to at least 20 Thai people there and asked what they thought of their home country and everyone said a similar thing and it was not good, so if Thais say it It has to be true.

Just the way it is there and you know it, I really hope you do not suffer like I did. It almost wreaked my business here and cost me my life, so be careful.

Which goes to show why I will not be applying for the new (Last Year) 10 year visa or any other visa ever.

Ok now put up your bye close the door on the way out,

I did that on the 29th of December 2016 arriving back in the con free country of home on the 26th of Jan 2017

9 hours ago, srchino said:

PS- I apologize for being an ass earlier. Sounds like you do have a legitimate reason to be sour on the place. I’ve been there before too and left it. The rest of the world has a way of reminding you some things are pretty damn nice in Thailand so I hope you and the wife find your way back under better circumstances someday. Best wishes to you and your family.

Thanks for that, i appreciate your comments. Its been very hard almost lost my business here now on the mend but still a long way to go to recover the £150.00 it cost us to defend ourselves, One lawyer took the defense money and then sold the docs to the other side, we caught him red handed. Hence that crossing that scared the hell out of me as I did not know the guys who did it ($4000 just for that). It will take 5 years to recover those losses and the trading figures of 2016 will never be recovered.

Pure hell and I really do hope you guys on TV never suffer anything like that. Wife said at a Thai event yesterday, She at times thought I would not make it out alive and so did i. Thanks to her I did.

Stay safe keep well, Nice country shame about some of the idiots who live there.

@wakeupplease can you tell us more about the actual scam that was used on you? Or if it’s not appropriate for this thread you can PM it to me. Now your story has me very interested and concerned. At first I thought you just had the gripes of a common expat but your case sounds both unusual and scary, one to avoid if at all possible. Was it an investment scam, or simply a bank deposit that started the whole series of events?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-06-16 at 9:02 PM, BigBadGeordie said:

Shame, I only meet 1 out of the 3 criteria you identify.

But re-reading your post, possibly 2.

I have no money.

You're not alone....I also don't have that kind of money.  There's probably lots of us in that boat. 

I have the eligibility for the regular O-A "retirement" visa,.... but I don't have the income or savings for this new 10 year Visa.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:54 AM, canuckamuck said:

Yeah I got 90k USD that I don't need. I'll just put it in a Thai Account for 10 years instead of making money with it.

I mean it's so worth it not to do lineups as often at immigration.

Only one year, but valid point. A visa only for the rich, but that's the only sort of farang they want here anyway. I can see them removing the ordinary non O category as an incentive for those of us without a spare 3 million baht to depart the shores of LOS.

Still have to do 90 day reports.

• 3 months later...

"Hell YEH I'M IN".. visa extensions for 5/5 years ......just the 90 day report .......what more do you want.......

No more can't go here more than  there 2/3 times than going there 2/3 times over the border/flying out  visa renewals ,all renewals done locally ..........

Love it ......LOL....!!!!!!!29571018_4209108632751222_6718296758431861664_n.jpg.8f3b8177877580d2cbe3ff98f68ce62d.jpg

On 2/25/2018 at 6:26 AM, tartempion said:

I am 72, where can I get medical coverage?

Nowhere, ok, thanks.

Will continue with year to year extensions.

And going home every 5 months for one month.

Just can’t trust this country.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

understood and agreed.  I am a few short years from 65 and USA medicare.  can't imagine a scenario where I would want or need this nutty visa.  it is so full of pit falls and things in the future that could change.  Can't see committing to it.  I can envision the Elite 5 year visa possibly for convenience, but that is because I can afford it and might give it a try

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2017 at 11:27 PM, Kim1950 said:

Risky,  3 million baht in a Thai Bank. Then for whatever reason something changes or I make a mistake about some interpretation of the law, or catch a immigration agent on a bad day. Then get thrown out of the country and attempt to get my money back. What's the interest dividend on the 3 million baht while parked in the bank. Anyway, beats me, it might work for some people. Ya know, Medicare in the US ain't too bad. Then again, there some very nice boutique rehabs in Thailand. Not in my price range.

Very risky - experience of trying to extract the money from a simple savings account with a Thai bank set up just to hold cash like that is bad unless you can walk into the bank personally.  Typically they want

On 2/25/2018 at 3:26 PM, tartempion said:

I am 72, where can I get medical coverage?

Nowhere, ok, thanks.

Will continue with year to year extensions.

And going home every 5 months for one month.

Just can’t trust this country.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

This is the big bottle neck for the 10 year extension and therefore there is so far i know nobody yet who has this extension.

Thai health insurance company's refuse to provide health insurance to the effected people and until that is solved the program is almost dead in the water.

On 6/17/2017 at 7:57 AM, BigBadGeordie said:

In comparason to my Non O, followed by 10 extensions of stay based on retirement, this does not seem particularly attractive.

I fail to see which group it is aimed at?

The Bankers it would seem and some insurance companies would love this, but who needs it - why if I already have a fully functioning health care insurance from the US that works here in Thailand (and I use it) the same as I do in the US for the rest of my life as part of my pension plan would I pay for more insurance just because I wanted to stay in Thailand, and the yearly income thing - MG you can look mine up on the internet including the next rise in each January - why should I have to pay 50 bucks for a rubber stamp after traveling 1000km round trip just to prove what is already well known to the whole damn world already.  Look at my ID card and you know what everyone else on the planet with an internet connection already knows if they care to look.  I would say just having the insurance I have and the income I have already they should rubber stamp me ever year or more anyway - I don't mind the 90day reports keeping my address up to date or the annual fee for a yearly visa - I can live with it as is.

On 6/17/2017 at 7:33 AM, rooster59 said:

- 14 nationalities eligible: Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Canada and United States of America.

Where's Nigeria?  

• 4 months later...
On 8/5/2018 at 9:43 AM, merijn said:

This is the big bottle neck for the 10 year extension and therefore there is so far i know nobody yet who has this extension.

Thai health insurance company's refuse to provide health insurance to the effected people and until that is solved the program is almost dead in the water.

Dead, the same as most Thai schemes, no thought, no interest, no use to anyone. 

On 6/17/2017 at 8:00 AM, BigBadGeordie said:

Yeah, those extra 8 or 9 visits to immigration over a 10 year period to extend your stay are surely worth such a small amount of money ????

I pay an agent for that, costs next to nothing. Added up over 10 years would be around $2000 and change. You could be making money on the other $88k.

People who would tie up that kind of money in a non interest bearing account either have more money than they know what to do with (and probably already have the elite) or have no idea what to do with their money and how to make more.

On 12/20/2018 at 6:24 PM, JackGats said:

I have lifetime worldwide coverage with my health insurance. What do I need this shit for?

For the privilege of staying here. You should thank them for this. Prostrate yourself on the floor and show your gratitude.

Archived