Thailand to launch new 10 year multiple entry visa for over 50s

rooster59

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

Truth is Thailand wants to get rid of expats even thought they are not a strain on the Thai system

God only knows how many 10s of thousands of condos will be sitting unsold for the indefinite future until this visa nonsense stops.....I doubt any one even with 800,000 in the bank would even be considering buying a condo now if they had half a brain....

23 hours ago, fforest1 said:

God only knows how many 10s of thousands of condos will be sitting unsold for the indefinite future until this visa nonsense stops.....I doubt any one even with 800,000 in the bank would even be considering buying a condo now if they had half a brain....

Not only that but how many condos will sit empty because there is no one to rent them This whole visa thing will backfire It was not well thought out

They will be coming after us who are married and on None immigrant O visas and leave every 90 days on it next, I am sure they will find a way to make it hard for us and force us to the having 400,000 BAHT in the bank route.

3 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

Not only that but how many condos will sit empty because there is no one to rent them This whole visa thing will backfire It was not well thought out

Not really. There are endless tourists coming here for shorter periods of time as well as people working and studying. A condo in a good location will always be rented.

At worst, owners would have to accept shorter leases and it will be more competitive. But there’s no shortage of people not staying here long term. 

On 2/13/2019 at 6:40 PM, dcnx said:

Not really. There are endless tourists coming here for shorter periods of time as well as people working and studying. A condo in a good location will always be rented.

At worst, owners would have to accept shorter leases and it will be more competitive. But there’s no shortage of people not staying here long term. 

Isnt it illegal to rent condos short term ?

On 2/10/2019 at 4:49 PM, fforest1 said:

I am pretty sure Immigration has a big chip on their shoulder that no one has any interest in the O-X visa.....After they made a huge production out of its introduction....99% of the comments called this visa a grade A turd....Yet they did not change a single thing before they offered it....

The hyphen is a red herring, this is known colloquially as the "panya kwai" visa. 

10 hours ago, jpinx said:

I don't get it.  What's the problem with using the income method?

One thing is you need to have Thai health insurance.  I will retire with my US health insurance that has international coverage thru Allianze. It is not accepted to apply for this VISA even though my coverage is double what the Thai insurance coverage is and I have my Thai wife on my policy as well. The Thai insurance premium is very expensive, over double what I am paying for my US and my US policy is in effect until I die. Thai insurance stops at 75. What happens then, who knows? Are we going to denied a VISA and deported?

It's all about cash cash cash in Thailand. I understand the the need only issue visas to people with sufficient monthly income. But 3 million baht. It's a stupid metric but a highly adopted one iin Thailand. Just ask Red Bull guy.. Money is everything in LOS. Wrong wrong wrong

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JohnnyBKK said:

In 10 years you could get something like 100% return on that money, instead of keeping it locked in a thai account.

I dread to think what your pound/dollar/euro would be

worth in 10 years. If I could afford it, I'd buy a heap of gold.

18 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

I dread to think what your pound/dollar/euro would be

worth in 10 years. If I could afford it, I'd buy a heap of gold.

Only old people still believe in gold, gold can be made in the lab now, it's worth nothing. Bitcoin is the way to go, and real estate.

1 hour ago, JohnnyBKK said:

Only old people still believe in gold, gold can be made in the lab now, it's worth nothing. Bitcoin is the way to go, and real estate.

Gold can be made in a lab, but its too expensive to produce

on a large scale.

Old people, and banks around the world are buying gold as

a store of value.

Bitcoin, I agree, is the future currency as, long as the

blockchain cannot be compromised.

Real estate is a winner,  land, art and classic cars are my

preference.  That's why I'm always skint.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:12 AM, talahtnut said:

Gold can be made in a lab, but its too expensive to produce

on a large scale.

Old people, and banks around the world are buying gold as

a store of value.

Bitcoin, I agree, is the future currency as, long as the

blockchain cannot be compromised.

Real estate is a winner,  land, art and classic cars are my

preference.  That's why I'm always skint.

Nothing is safe anymore, nothing

On 11 กุมภาพันธ์ 2562 at 12:13 AM, bangrak said:

The 'Thailand Elite' scam, you mean?

you must be a bitter person in life, a scam is when is you dont receive anything in return, i have been receiving continued service from the elite for 15 years, then again i try to respect all different visa holders unlike yourself

3 mill = 95+ k USD - min 1 x year in bank

or combo

1.8 mill = 57+ k USD - in bank

1.2 mill = 38+ k USD - income

Still has that wonderful 90 day check in???

Health cover by THAI company

Outpatient cover - min 40k bt

In patient - not less than 100 k bt

What a great cover that would be???

Typical... EVERY FOREIGNER IS RICH and WILL BE FLOCKING TO OUR SHORES WITH THIS WONDERFUL PACKAGE WE HAVE ON OFFER.... I THINK NOT!!

Archived