Thailand to launch new 10 year multiple entry visa for over 50s

rooster59

On 6/17/2017 at 7:59 AM, quandow said:

Aimed at lazy folks with too much money and no sense at all.

Nope. It means I won’t HAVE to be in Thailand for the 30 days prior to my Retirement Visa renewal. 

Yep. I’ll be signing up, although not next year as my Rey Visa is up for renewal 8 days prior to Aug 11th

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/17/2017 at 7:54 AM, canuckamuck said:

Yeah I got 90k USD that I don't need. I'll just put it in a Thai Account for 10 years instead of making money with it.

I mean it's so worth it not to do lineups as often at immigration.

They STILL don't "get it". Thai Immigration is beyond help.

Someone in government with a respected position, needs to tell these bureaucrats that the "farang with a money tree" in his backyard is entirely mythological. You CANNOT convince these people that we are not just a few income steps removed from a Trump or a Rockefeller or a Bush. I have pretty much given up hope for staying here. They invent something everyday, which resembles the perfectly INSANE "retirement" visa issued by Malaysia. The Requirements for THAT program must be what they have in mind. Just take all our money at once and allow us to live here......apparently on the STREET111

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 9:40 PM, KhunFred said:

Someone in government with a respected position, needs to tell these bureaucrats that the "farang with a money tree" in his backyard is entirely mythological. You CANNOT convince these people that we are not just a few income steps removed from a Trump or a Rockefeller or a Bush. I have pretty much given up hope for staying here. They invent something everyday, which resembles the perfectly INSANE "retirement" visa issued by Malaysia. The Requirements for THAT program must be what they have in mind. Just take all our money at once and allow us to live here......apparently on the STREET111

Thai government needs to understand that our money tree stays in falang country and grow money the whole year, we wont bring it here to get harvested by the greedy Thai government officials. 

On 6/17/2017 at 8:00 AM, darksidedog said:

They must really wants the Brits. In the list of countries we are listed twice, UK and Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

There isn't much great about great Britain anymore lol 

And its probably about to get even less great

On 12/24/2018 at 9:40 PM, KhunFred said:

This is really all you can expect, Low iq combined with an unhealthy worship of money and no understanding of the world outside Thailand.... 

Of course they only want rich farangs, they have more than enough losers here already without importing them from the west

• 3 weeks later...

Thailand is falling into the great Chinese Tourist Hoax. One day Thailand complains or does not agree to some massive Chinese Port/Road/ Rail complex and they shut them off from the billions of tourist dollars. Happens so often, the B ..rstd are tricky and ruthless.

On 6/16/2017 at 9:23 PM, Dave67 said:

China 10 years ? I lasted 2 and had enough ,good luck with that

What an odd comment?

To classify the one place in China, out of one of the largest countries in the world, that you, in particular, did not like and generalize ALL of China?

There are numerous complaints about living the money in a Thai Bank for 1 year.

For all the long term expats on this forum that have no plans ever to return home, where exactly do you leave your money, if not in a Thai bank?

On 1/4/2019 at 1:11 PM, Ks45672 said:

Of course they only want rich farangs, they have more than enough losers here already without importing them from the west

Rich foreigners have better options than Thailand.

Only the poor come here.

But even as a poor foreign 'loser' my pension is 5x their minimum working wage.

28 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Only the poor come here.

Then that still makes you 500% richer than the average yogi bear.. 

And you don't have to work like a slave to get it either

Most Thai women would think farang on 5x salary  who treats them well is  an improvement over a local dude who makes 1/5th and maybe likes whisky and karaoke girls a bit too much.... 

On 1/3/2019 at 4:15 PM, Ks45672 said:

There isn't much great about great Britain anymore lol 

And its probably about to get even less great

Still the leader in technology and pharmaceutical research, countries queuing up to do business with the Uk...We gave the world a bit more than a hot dog, pizza or tulip

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:31 PM, 2tall said:

Wow, truly outstanding: a 10 year visa valid for 5 years! A first....555!

Education has not been working for a long time here and yet some of the brightest, well, you would think that would be a pre requisite of Government. seem to rise to amazing heights but then that just reflects standards, you either have them or don't.

I see the latest news is that the IOs are rebelling.

They have enough none productive rubbish to do.

As others have said, and I have said many times, nothing is ever thought through before it is announced, just knee jerk nonsense. And, changes to Immigration regulations must go through parliament to be legal.

Big Joke seems to have forgotten he cannot do a 'section 44' without permission.

????

On 1/24/2019 at 10:23 PM, nong38 said:

Education has not been working for a long time here and yet some of the brightest, well, you would think that would be a pre requisite of Government. seem to rise to amazing heights but then that just reflects standards, you either have them or don't.

You don't need to be intelligent to be a Thai politician. Even the UK has plenty of MPs that can't even add up and subtract, have a look at the Shadow Home Secretary's record.

Many of those that rise to the heights here are educated overseas, whichever way you look at it most that do are well connected and supported.

Influence, power and connections makes money...

????

On 6/17/2017 at 7:33 AM, rooster59 said:

Health insurance provided by Thai company, Outpatient coverage minimum 40,000 baht, Inpatient coverage not less than 100,000 thousand baht

So if you already have worked 40 plus years, have a good relationship with your own insurance company and can do far better than what the Thais offer, that's still unacceptable?

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i would go for it unless the 3 months reporting. makes me feel like

in jail or a boarding house.

It’s how you would be treated if you were fresh out of prison in many western countries. And to think so many here pay for that privilege. ???? 

I will pay agents until the day I leave here. I’m not checking in, filling out forms or anything else that wastes my time.

On 1/24/2019 at 6:50 PM, BritManToo said:

Only the poor come here.

Thailand is cutting it's own throat. 

Mmmmm..... 

Give Thai bank your 3 (or 1.8mil) (capital) to hold of which they make 6-10 times more investing it, increase their liquidity ratio, gain greater borrowing power, show ‘greater’ financial stability which in turn enhances their countries already inflated, unprotected, falsely valued Thai bhat.

Fairplay.... So what do I get in return? 

No interest on my Capital

No growth on my Capital

No mnthly residual incentive

No protection from eventual curr. erosion 

No protection from eventual curr. corrosion

Dictated as to how I can use Capital

An additional 1.2mill working income required...but cannot work. 

A pre-requisite for an expensive ‘THAI’ Health insurance policy, 

10K bht Admin & renewal fee payable

........and I still need to do 90 day visa runs. 

and the uncertainty as to whether I will ever my Capital back? 

= What an absolute joke. 

3 hours ago, S3NSUAL said:

Mmmmm..... 

Give Thai bank your 3 (or 1.8mil) (capital) to hold of which they make 6-10 times more investing it, increase their liquidity ratio, gain greater borrowing power, show ‘greater’ financial stability which in turn enhances their countries already inflated, unprotected, falsely valued Thai bhat.

Fairplay.... So what do I get in return? 

No interest on my Capital

No growth on my Capital

No mnthly residual incentive

No protection from eventual curr. erosion 

No protection from eventual curr. corrosion

Dictated as to how I can use Capital

An additional 1.2mill working income required...but cannot work. 

A pre-requisite for an expensive ‘THAI’ Health insurance policy, 

10K bht Admin & renewal fee payable

........and I still need to do 90 day visa runs. 

and the uncertainty as to whether I will ever my Capital back? 

= What an absolute joke. 

I am pretty sure Immigration has a big chip on their shoulder that no one has any interest in the O-X visa.....After they made a huge production out of its introduction....99% of the comments called this visa a grade A turd....Yet they did not change a single thing before they offered it....

Archived