Narathiwat policeman killed by suspected Muslim insurgents

rooster59

Narathiwat policeman killed by suspected Muslim insurgents

By The Nation

Four suspected insurgents disguised as Islamic preachers shot dead a policeman at a booth in Narathiwat’s Waeng district on Friday evening.

Pol Corporal Sarayut Kwankwai was attacked by four gunmen dressed in Islamic robes on three motorcycles while he was manning a security booth behind the Waeng Police Station at 7pm.

He died at the Waeng hospital.

Four spent M16 ammunition shells were found at the scene.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30318338

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-17

1 hour ago, transam said:

Cowards, Muslim cowards.....Bet they wished it was a bird to reduce the risk....

How are they any different from Buddhists who murder policemen, politicians, business competitors and love rivals (not to mention in revenge for their loved ones who have been brutalized and the culprits get away with it- kinda big in the south...)?

There could be layer upon layer to the story here. 

Edited by impulse

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

How are they any different from Buddhists who murder policemen, politicians, business competitors and love rivals (not to mention in revenge for their loved ones who have been brutalized and the culprits get away with it- kinda big in the south...)?

My post was regarding Muslim cowards....You want to look for other stuff then that is up to you........

2 hours ago, impulse said:

They are Muslim cowards, end of story.

7 hours ago, impulse said:

<deleted>. Murdering pricks indiscriminantly kill children, teachers and anyone vulnerable. How many layers do you want?

So Mr Impulse,  are you a Muslim?  Just wondering..

This story is about Muslim Islamists killing people in cold blood. Are you defending them, please explain yourself.  Thanks

Edited by Stargrazer9889

On 6/17/2017 at 1:19 PM, impulse said:

Insightful analysis.

Probably on par with the level of understanding that's kept the violence going for all these years.

The only answer is to sit down and talk, just ask the Brits nobody, and thats NOBODY has more experience of this kind of thing

20 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

This story is about Muslim Islamists killing people in cold blood. Are you defending them, please explain yourself.  Thanks

My post might help, posted just after yours if impulse decides to decline your kind invitation

23 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

No, I'm neither a Muslim, nor am I defending the killer.  

You have no clue whether this was a "Muslim Islamist" killing or a simple business dispute or family grudge.  The same thing happens in Northern Thailand on a regular basis, with no Muslims involved whatsoever.  So blaming it on the insurgency is an assumption from people who have drunk the Kool-Aid.  Maybe it was the insurgents, and maybe someone's blaming it on the insurgents to garner support for continuing the violence that's been going back and forth for decades.

I am assuming of course that since the majority of Thais in the deep south are Muslim faith, it is possible and

probable the attacker was also Muslim.  I have many Thai friends in the police who have spent some time

in the south, upholding the law, and in some cases, working as armed teachers.  They have all given me some

stories of being shot, or at least shot at  during their time in the  south. Getting extra pay was  not  worth

the  extra danger, and most have quit going south, as too many of them have been shot.

Geezer

11 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I am assuming of course that since the majority of Thais in the deep south are Muslim faith, it is possible and

probable the attacker was also Muslim.  I have many Thai friends in the police who have spent some time

in the south, upholding the law, and in some cases, working as armed teachers.  They have all given me some

stories of being shot, or at least shot at  during their time in the  south. Getting extra pay was  not  worth

the  extra danger, and most have quit going south, as too many of them have been shot.

Geezer

Sounds like a typical emergency / insurgency