Me first! Me first! - two Thai trains derailed at Bangkok's Hua Lamphong station

webfact

6 hours ago, dcnx said:

Good luck with your high speed trains.

There's the old saying, learn to walk before you can run.

Obviously, they're still having problems with the walking part when it comes to their current slow-speed trains.

Now when it comes to running, no way in H*** I'm going to be a passenger on a high-speed train system controlled, operated and maintained by the same folks.

14 hours ago, Dave67 said:

Lack of what is called a "Fouling point marker " which defines the limits a train can go into a crossing without fouling the adjoining branch track , Its a basic railway rule and used everywhere Also points should be set so a train falls off the rails first before colliding with another train. Looks like one stabled on the points and then points were thrown and another train came through  .  I've a 30 year career building and maintaining railways in several different countries and this kind of shit should not still be happening its pure lack of knowledge, .Roll on high speed

Thai know best

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2017 at 9:25 AM, Dave67 said:

Lack of what is called a "Fouling point marker " which defines the limits a train can go into a crossing without fouling the adjoining branch track , Its a basic railway rule and used everywhere Also points should be set so a train falls off the rails first before colliding with another train. Looks like one stabled on the points and then points were thrown and another train came through  .  I've a 30 year career building and maintaining railways in several different countries and this kind of shit should not still be happening its pure lack of knowledge, .Roll on high speed

Yes. It will be a much more dramatic photo op if they are really racing when they collide.  My (Thai) wife and I have a certain two word phrase we use several (sometimes many) times on any road trip. The usual dangerous blind passing, the cutting in to avoid oncoming traffic, etc, etc,  all promote one of us to mutter "Me first."!!!  Surely it is possible that it is the case here as the headline says.

On 6/19/2017 at 8:48 AM, webfact said:

Operations manager at the state railways Thanongsak Phongprasert said the matter was under investigation though it was unclear at this stage if it was an equipment failure in the system or human error that was to blame.

in other words he said nothing; classic

are you even serious reporting this    REALLY....this is only news because of the ''high speed rail news''...FOLKS THIS IS A FENDER BENDER,..IT HAPPENS IN SWITCHING AND COACH YARDS..they have a rule ,its global..restricted speed in yard limits...the abilty to stop within half the range of vision...clearly something went wrong...ITS A FENDER BENDER..

Just now, mok199 said:

are you even serious reporting this    REALLY....this is only news because of the ''high speed rail news''...FOLKS THIS IS A FENDER BENDER,..IT HAPPENS IN SWITCHING AND COACH YARDS..they have a rule ,its global..restricted speed in yard limits...the abilty to stop within half the range of vision...clearly something went wrong...ITS A FENDER BENDER..

This was entering and exiting a station not a yard so would have been carrying passengers. The fact this can happen in 2017 Shows how poor the system is that is being used . It is not an every day occurence unless you happen to live in the Third world

Edited by Dave67

On 7/4/2017 at 8:28 AM, Dave67 said:

This was entering and exiting a station not a yard so would have been carrying passengers. The fact this can happen in 2017 Shows how poor the system is that is being used . It is not an every day occurence unless you happen to live in the Third world

yard limits '' desiganted in the time table ,can be any track so specified''so yards and staions can and usually are yard limits...and most are subject to ''restricted speed''...