Please help me understand this!

scoooooby

46 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

An Australian driving instructor. Thai driving instructors should go back to their tractors.

All Thai 'Instructors' do as bad a job as possible so nobody can know how to replace them.

how would you feel if you taught someone how to do ANYTHING and they did it better than you??

such loss of face

many oho

mai dee

bloodshed

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Where did I say I was driving/riding anything?

????

My oversight,,, apologies. But maybe rear-view mirrors for pedestrians will be in favor eventually.

1 hour ago, louse1953 said:

And what does that prove.

Horn works?

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

What a ridiculous post, I take pride in my driving and riding, and that is why I have never had a mishap involving any other road user in my 12 years here.

After 12 years of ding-free Thai driving, the odds are stacked heavily against you maintaining that status.

17 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

After 12 years of ding-free Thai driving, the odds are stacked heavily against you maintaining that status.

I see what you mean, I will keep on driving and riding defensively, never speeding, and use what I think is common sense, have full 1st class insurance.

I believe that if you do the things I have stated, you will be about 95% safe and free of accidents, but nothing guarantees complete safety.

54 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

My oversight,,, apologies. But maybe rear-view mirrors for pedestrians will be in favor eventually.

Horn works?

Couple of weeks ago I was just starting to pull out to cross a one way, one way from my right to left, when my wife shouted stop. I stomped on the brake and a bike from the left shot across the front of the pick up. The road curved left and he came flying around the bend to my left obviously going against the flow. Can't guess his speed but it wasn't slow.

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I see what you mean, I will keep on driving and riding defensively, never speeding, and use what I think is common sense, have full 1st class insurance.

I believe that if you do the things I have stated, you will be about 95% safe and free of accidents, but nothing guarantees complete safety.

I agree, but if you have the car blessed by a good monk and keep a couple of amulets hanging from the rear view mirror, you could increase those odds to 99%.

2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I agree, but if you have the car blessed by a good monk and keep a couple of amulets hanging from the rear view mirror, you could increase those odds to 99%.

A further increase could be accomplished by not limiting yourself to just 1 superstition.

A quick souvenir shopping trip to Lourdes, Mekka, Stonehenge, etc will take care of that.

12 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Most of the time now I'm riding my motorbike. Mrs Possum uses the truck. Anyway, I'm not superstitious.

Anyway, what do you mean a "good" monk?

Edited by possum1931

ALL - Cheers for generally putting a big smile on my face. Many tales I can totally relate too and YES I know I cannot change things and guess its easier to move at a slower pace when you have no work stress to consider but I will try to slowly turn my stress into a smile and play the traffic light game, turn the music up and laugh out loud BUT all the time keep using my 10 eyes in my head to spot the next mad pick up driver, loopy lunatic on the bike or that usual truck that drifts all over the road with not a care in the world.....You just gotta love this place!  :-)