'They’ll get me': ex-con fears revenge attack after stealing from prison guard

webfact

'They’ll get me': ex-con fears revenge attack after stealing from prison guard
By The Nation

UDON THANI: -- A burglar in Udon Thani province begged police to let him go, saying he feared reprisals in prison after a prison guard caught him breaking into his house.

The suspect was identified as Chalermchai Baolorphet, 27, a resident of Udon Thani’s Muang district. 

His arrest was announced by Udon Thani police chief Maj-General Pirapong Wongsamarn at 10.30am on Tuesday.

Pirapong said Chalermchai was released from jail this year after serving two years in the Udon Thani Prison for theft.

Pirapong said Chalermchai stole from 25 houses in Muang district before he was arrested on Monday in the district. 

Among the stolen items retrieved from him were a water pump, two motorcycles, 10 electric screwdrivers, a lawn mover and a 32-inch TV.

In one of the thefts, he stole three CCTV cameras on April 28 but his picture was stored on the hard drive.

Pirapong quoted Chalermchai as begging police who arrested him to let him go.

He said he broke into a house on May 28 and the house owner returned home as he was leaving. 

The owner is Sompas Phetsakhon 42, a guard at Udon Thani Prison who knows Chalermchai well. 

Chalermchai said he did not know it was Sompas’ home and he feared reprisals when sent back to prison. 

He said he stole Bt100, a power bank, a mobile phone and some amulets from the prison guard’s house.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30318604

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-20

I knew a guy up there once. His home was robbed on a regular basis. He even fortified it with bars. 

One night he comes home. All his electronics and valuables are lying on a blanket on the floor.

The would be thief was fast asleep on the sofa.

The guy has locals,  including the Pooyai Ban come over. They plead with him not to call the coppers.

He calls them and the excuse the guy gave to the coppers was he was there helping to reduce my buddies electric bill 

He got two years.

What a dummy stealing someone's amulet. That is sure to bring bad luck which it did. The local soothsayer told me that once.

I suspect this grub's bad luck will now increase considerably seeing the prison guard has his lucky amulets back.

35 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

What a dummy stealing someone's amulet. That is sure to bring bad luck which it did. The local soothsayer told me that once.

I suspect this grub's bad luck will now increase considerably seeing the prison guard has his lucky amulets back.

Yes. I can see him "falling" down many flights of stairs, sustaining fairly serious injuries in the process. :smile:

11 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

The more I read, the more I hate these people. A rabid hatred of the poor by the rich and corrupt and a penchant for revenge that is more chilling than Donald Trump. Pure scum.

Oh, come on........TVF members are not all that bad.............:sorry:

14 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

The more I read, the more I hate these people. A rabid hatred of the poor by the rich and corrupt and a penchant for revenge that is more chilling than Donald Trump. Pure scum.

Read it like Thaland's answer to SNL 

trump.jpg

14 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

Yeah, that filthy rich prison guard really hates the poor burglar, just because he broke into his home and rifled the things the guard worked for. He'll probably want that poor burglar prosecuted and jailed, just for trying to do a dishonest night's work.

On 6/20/2017 at 4:29 PM, NickJ said:

I knew a guy up there once. His home was robbed on a regular basis. He even fortified it with bars. 

One night he comes home. All his electronics and valuables are lying on a blanket on the floor.

The would be thief was fast asleep on the sofa.

The guy has locals,  including the Pooyai Ban come over. They plead with him not to call the coppers.

He calls them and the excuse the guy gave to the coppers was he was there helping to reduce my buddies electric bill 

He got two years.

Must have been an irresistible sofa!