Beer Of Choice - In The Los

In the Rai!

Just curious what most of us here drink (beer wise). I started out a devoted Chang Man myself but after numerous years of a pounding morning headache I swiched to Leo. I buy 3 large bottles at the store next to my house for 100B and at my local it costs me 45 baht for a small bottle.

I am also seen at another local sucking down a few LCR's (very nice drop indeed).

The reason I ask is that the last time I was in Bangkok, I paid (reluctantly) 150 baht for a small bottle of Leo.

So I want to know who drinks what and how much or little you pay.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big bottles of Leo are 38 baht at 7/11 in Bangkok. If you spent 150 for a small bottle it was for the entertainment at the establishment, not the beer! 150 for a Leo is the highest I have heard of and can't even harbor a guess as to where it might have been. If you know your way around Bangkok you can get down close to a buck a beer in some establishments.

Of Thai beers, I prefer Leo. I also will partake in regional beers for variety like Beer Laos, Tiger, San Miguel, or other Thai beers.

Last time I was in Tesco/Lotus they were out of boxes

of Chang yai and nothing else appealed so I picked up

a box of 'Thai beer". (That was the only English on the

label).

The brand looks like a sort of deformed 1n.

325b the box and really rather good.

:o

Big bottles of Leo are 38 baht at 7/11 in Bangkok. If you spent 150 for a small bottle it was for the entertainment at the establishment, not the beer! 150 for a Leo is the highest I have heard of and can't even harbor a guess as to where it might have been. If you know your way around Bangkok you can get down close to a buck a beer in some establishments.

Of Thai beers, I prefer Leo. I also will partake in regional beers for variety like Beer Laos, Tiger, San Miguel, or other Thai beers.

Yes Coder, I was in an establishment but I dont remember clearly where.uuuummmm (which is probably for the better)

I remember at the time at how expensive it was but a friend who lives down in BKK said that alot of drinking estblishments are charging ridiculous prices later on in the evenings.

As for different beers. Has anyone tried "Ankor" cheap and not a bad taste but I believe they are having a brew off with Chang to see who can leave people with the biggest hangover... :o

Same as you - used to guzzle Chang but now prefer Leo

Prefer to drink out than at home.

I pay 30 Baht small, 50 Bt large in the Thai eating places and 45Bt and up for a small beer in bars. Average bar price around 65Bt but as most bars haven't realised the popularity of Leo, usually have to drink Singha.

If I go to a GoGo will usually drink the Draft, 50 to 65 Baht for a small glass. At 100 Baht for ladydrink in these places, I usually buy a few of these for the girls and so stick to the cheaper draft for me.

Last time I was in Tesco/Lotus they were out of boxes

of Chang yai and nothing else appealed so I picked up

a box of 'Thai beer". (That was the only English on the

label).

The brand looks like a sort of deformed 1n.

325b the box and really rather good.

Yes Thai Beer or maybe Thy not sure is ไท and means Freedom

Thailand is ไทย very similar

Yes Thai Beer or maybe Thy not sure is ไท and means Freedom

Thailand is ไทย very similar

Yes it is ไท Tai beer (not bad).

1 that I have not tried yet that I want to is "Black Tiger Beer" . It is supposed to be like a guiness equivelant but brewed here in Thailand (T.A.B )

Anyone tried it?

There is also 1 more I want to try called Red Horse that is a cheap San Miguel beer but the strongest beer in Thailand. She must have some kick if ไท Tai beer is 6.5%..

ITR :o

Edited by In the Rai!

Hey! Bia Maa Deng! 6.9%!

Has anyone tried the Beer 'Red Horse'? I popped down to Big C last night, it is I think, the strongest beer available in Thailand at 6.9 per cent! You know actually for the high percentage, it wasnt too bad a beer at 30b a bottle! Has anyone else tried this brew?

Regards!

Lookchin

Hey! Bia Maa Deng! 6.9%!

Has anyone tried the Beer 'Red Horse'? I popped down to Big C last night, it is I think, the strongest beer available in Thailand at 6.9 per cent! You know actually for the high percentage, it wasnt too bad a beer at 30b a bottle! Has anyone else tried this brew?

Regards!

Lookchin

I used to drink Red Horse in the Philippines, it is even stronger there (9%). I have tried all the beers in Thailand and stick with Chang, it is reassuringly horrible and I can purchase a case of 12 large bottles for 360 baht approx. (Depends on time of year).

Chang does give some people bad hangovers, but I think the secret is to drink a few pints of water before you sleep.

My favorite tipple is Beer Lao - seems very popular with hotel customers as well . . .

Simon

Never come accross that one - did you mean Leo?

No he didn't.

Only time I ever drank that was in Vientiane (where it was

the only game in town).

Bit like Heineken , but not so heavy on the flavour

(That remark is dripping with sarcasm).

I think Leo is great value for money. 40 Baht for a big nicely cold bottle at my local hole in the wall joint in Khlong Toey - fantastic. Chang gives me too much of a hangover and Singha blows me up too much. Heinken seems the least offensive brew but maybe the least exciting too and not as cheap as Leo.

I drink Heinekin most of the time only because if I drink Chang all night the next day I have a big headache. If you buy the Heinekin by the case at the wholesalers it comes to 31 baht a bottle, in clubs and bars I've paid anything from 44 baht to 120 baht.

On the beach though, nothing beats an ice cold big bottle of Singha when you are laying back in a beach chair, nice. :o

I think Leo is great value for money. 40 Baht for a big nicely cold bottle at my local hole in the wall joint in Khlong Toey - fantastic. Chang gives me too much of a hangover and Singha blows me up too much. Heinken seems the least offensive brew but maybe the least exciting too and not as cheap as Leo.

I agree with the above, the worst beer of all is that bloody Singha, I have never had a headache like that!!

I drink Archa, my step-daughter who runs a liquour shop give it to me for 240 baht a box, when I can't get Archa, I drink Leo at 50 baht a large bottle.

I also insist on ice in my beer, something I would never do in Australia but when in Rome....

My favorite tipple is Beer Lao - seems very popular with hotel customers as well . . .

Simon

yes, i must agree with that mate, as beer" lao" has been my favorite ever sinse i visited laos.

the gecco bar on rambuttri street small ones for 45 baht. :o

I agree with the above, the worst beer of all is that bloody Singha, I have never had a headache like that!!

I drink Archa, my step-daughter who runs a liquour shop give it to me for 240 baht a box, when I can't get Archa, I drink Leo at 50 baht a large bottle.

I also insist on ice in my beer, something I would never do in Australia but when in Rome....

the singa kills me as well and i avoid it like the plague. :D

even though people complain about the chang it agrees with me and i have no trouble, but that bloody singa. :o

I'm starting to get a wee bit worried as I'm agreeing a lot with the Fireman Terry57,, I too enjoy Leo..

At the shop across the road its B38 a big bottle and B22 per can..

However I do sup the odd few Siam Satos at B27 per big bottle..

But I've always been a cheap drunk.. :D:bah::D:D:D

well duck,

i know i got all the good oil mate and its very understandable that you can see my logic in things, but cricky's mate,

i was talking about beer "LAO" from laos and not beer "LEO" from thailand. :bah:

but dont worry mate as beer LEO is bloody ok by me. :o

cheers duck. :o

and watch out for duck hunters mate. ;)

I drink Singha.......with no ill affects unless Ive had about 10.......Chang is ok too. Im surprised at some of the reactions some get to having 1 Chang or Singha..........preservatives? They dont list the additives on the label in Thailand...........so it could be Elephant piss or Chao Praya River water

My fravourite beer is Cascade from tassie..............pity cant get it in bkk

I drink Singha.......with no ill affects unless Ive had about 10.......Chang is ok too. Im surprised at some of the reactions some get to having 1 Chang or Singha..........preservatives? They dont list the additives on the label in Thailand...........so it could be Elephant piss or Chao Praya River water

It doesn't matter which one I drink .. I drink so much of the stuff that they all give me headaches ... :o

It doesn't matter which one I drink .. I drink so much of the stuff that they all give me headaches ... :o

David why don't you drop a few Panadol in the beer..

That way you prevent the Hangover...

:o:D:D:D:D:bah::bah:

Edited by Little Black Duck

It doesn't matter which one I drink .. I drink so much of the stuff that they all give me headaches ... ;)

David why diont you drop a few panadole in the beer..

That way you prevent the Hangover...

:o:D:D:D:D:bah::o

That's a cracking idea Rob ... but I would need to use so much panadole that I would probably O.D. on it .... :bah: