Beer Of Choice - In The Los

In the Rai!

I drink Singha.......with no ill affects unless Ive had about 10.......Chang is ok too. Im surprised at some of the reactions some get to having 1 Chang or Singha..........preservatives? They dont list the additives on the label in Thailand...........so it could be Elephant piss or Chao Praya River water

My fravourite beer is Cascade from tassie..............pity cant get it in bkk

It doesn't matter which one I drink .. I drink so much of the stuff that they all give me headaches ... ;)

David why don't you drop a few Panadol in the beer..

That way you prevent the Hangover...

:o:D:D:D:bah::bah::o

actually dave,

thats not a bad idea and i think between you and me a kilo of panadol a night should do the trick. :D

cheers mate. :D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can see the headlines Bangkok Post..Beer/Panadol Junkie found running naked through Soi Cowboy...

:o:D:o : ;):D:D : :bah::D

tripping over his long fire hose too ......... :D

What was the topic of this thread ????

cricky's duck,

if you work that out can you let me know please. :bah:

I pretty much stick to Heineken. To be honest I have no idea how much I pay. Wife has some one bring 2 cases of cans home a couple of times of month. When we go out to eat she pays the bill and I never look. If I’m in a pool hall or go-go I’m usually too pissed to care. :o

TH

Beer Lao - imported from Laos, sells for some price as Heineken. Nice beer, sells like crazy in our small hotel, (1-2 crates per day for just 10 guest rooms!!).

Simon

I only drink beer with an import tax stamp draped across the top of the bottle. This simply mean it was brewed outside of Thailand and each and every can or bottle must be separately handled and draped with a stamp. Now imagine if they had to do this with imports in other countries? LOL, what a joke!

Beer Lao is great but not widely available nor available in retail stores. I won't drink the non imports due to massive formaldehyde put in beers here. This is the reason for those awful headaches. I think regular drinkers of that stuff will live short lives

the singa kills me as well and i avoid it like the plague. :bah:

even though people complain about the chang it agrees with me and i have no trouble, but that bloody singa. :D

Start wearing a skirt mate?? :o

jesu--s brits,

ive left mine at home so i'll have to borrow yours mate. :bah:

but strait up mate,

that singa is a real shocker of a drop. :D

but if you like it brits, thats ok by me. :D

but i seen a soi dog die after drinking it, so you be bloody careful mate. :D

but strait up mate,

but i seen a soi dog die after drinking it, so you be bloody careful mate. :o

Fair enough! :D

You guys still at it Ha..

Fellas as long as you down heaps of Lunatic Soup

Upset a few people, Disgust a shit load of Sheilas,

and have to odd Blue then New Years was done properly..

the singa kills me as well and i avoid it like the plague. :bah:

even though people complain about the chang it agrees with me and i have no trouble, but that bloody singa. :D

Start wearing a skirt mate?? :o

jesu--s brits,

ive left mine at home so i'll have to borrow yours mate. :o

but strait up mate,

but if you like it brits, thats ok by me. :D

but i seen a soi dog die after drinking it, so you be bloody careful mate. :D

No worries mate - downed so many Singha(s) in a session not even a hang-over the next morning. :bah:

I won't drink the non imports due to massive formaldehyde put in beers here.

If a list of top 10 myths in Thailand were made, surely this would be on it. But I thought this one was dispelled as false a few decades ago.? I had actually at one time seen a fairly long story on this on how the myth began and perpetuated. This ranks up there with the photo of the 20 servicemen holding up the giant "mekong" fish.

Edited by The Coder

I decided that this question really needs some proper research, so will dedicate tomorrow night NYE to proper scientific study and will report back. :o

Guess what - I started a day early and I still prefer Leo to all others, but maybe this needs more research tomorrow

Good night, I'm sure I left a bed round here somewhere - Hello you're a sexy young thing where did you come from? I told you Leo was good, but not gonna waste any more time on u lot byeeee

If a list of top 10 myths in Thailand were made, surely this would be on it. But I thought this one was dispelled as false a few decades ago.? I had actually at one time seen a fairly long story on this on how the myth began and perpetuated. This ranks up there with the photo of the 20 servicemen holding up the giant "mekong" fish.

Whassat then? you mean taht there isn't a giant fish>?

Beer Lao is also a great beer but didn't mention it because I can't find it hardly anywhere, never seen in Pattaya anyway. Tell you story about it though, in the early 90's in Vientiane there was an intriguing way of buying it. We went to small family shops and bought it in 4 litre plastic bags similar to a wine cask internal bladder. They'd throw it into a bucket of ice to keep it cool, it was so fresh and beautiful to drink. It was hard to by Beer Lao anywhere outside of Laos in those days.

Now a days you can still get cans of Beer Lao for $1 US almost anywhere in Laos. So how come they can export so much of it now? Plenty in Cambodia and Isaan, are they making more and exporting or has a plant opened up in Thailand?

Singha's a good, cheap, everyday beer. Never gotton a headache from it, unlike Chang which seems to cause a headache after only a couple of beers. In the "cost is no object category", the best ones I've had in Thailand were ones called "Stone India Pale Ale" and "Rogue Russian Imperial Stout" at a place called Billy's Pub on Sukumvit Road in Bangkok near the JW Marriot. Those beers were in 12 ounce bottles and are imported from a country that isn't normally thought of as being a country that has good beer, but the proprietor at Billy's also is one of the rare bartenders in Thailand who knows how to properly pour a pint of Guiness from tap.

Anyone know if you can get Leinenkugels there?

Craft beers in general are a dicey thing to buy in Thailand. Typically they sit in inventory for a long time and often aren't stored properly, so when you buy them there's a better than fair chance that you'll end up spending a lot of money for skunked beer. The high alcohol content and highly hopped beers seem to survive better, but it's still hit or miss. Even if someone is importing Leinenkugels into Thailand, don't be suprise if it doesn't taste the same as in Chippewa Falls.

Edited by kdvsn

Beer Lao is also a great beer but didn't mention it because I can't find it hardly anywhere, never seen in Pattaya anyway. Tell you story about it though, in the early 90's in Vientiane there was an intriguing way of buying it. We went to small family shops and bought it in 4 litre plastic bags similar to a wine cask internal bladder. They'd throw it into a bucket of ice to keep it cool, it was so fresh and beautiful to drink. It was hard to by Beer Lao anywhere outside of Laos in those days.

Now a days you can still get cans of Beer Lao for $1 US almost anywhere in Laos. So how come they can export so much of it now? Plenty in Cambodia and Isaan, are they making more and exporting or has a plant opened up in Thailand?

Please don't say it! Don't even think it. Beer Lao is brewed in Lao thank god. This concept of an outside brewer opening a brewery in another nation changes the product radically. It is no longer an import. My question is, what does it become? Take an Asahi for example. A Japan Asahi is smooth and tasty. A Thai Asahi is rancid. I know that in the US, this concept of another country opening a brewery in the USA does not exist. You are either an import or domestic, not whatever you become when you brew Heine somewhere else. That shit just dont make sense and the product blows

Singha's a good, cheap, everyday beer. Never gotton a headache from it, unlike Chang which seems to cause a headache after only a couple of beers. In the "cost is no object category", the best ones I've had in Thailand were ones called "Stone India Pale Ale" and "Rogue Russian Imperial Stout" at a place called Billy's Pub on Sukumvit Road in Bangkok near the JW Marriot. Those beers were in 12 ounce bottles and are imported from a country that isn't normally thought of as being a country that has good beer, but the proprietor at Billy's also is one of the rare bartenders in Thailand who knows how to properly pour a pint of Guiness from tap.

You mean Bullys pub dont you there dude?

You mean Bullys pub dont you there dude?

Yes, your are correct, it is "Bully's" and not "Billy's". It a big pub/poolhall run by a guy from Houston.

Whassat then? you mean taht there isn't a giant fish>?

I am afraid that is a photo from California. You will see a thumbnail on this page with that famous photo and the real story about it: http://www.thailandroad.com/trevor/naga.html

Didn't see much on formaldehyde, but did come up with this: http://www.travelforum.org/thailand/archive0611/74377.html