DVR recorders Thailand?

SurfRider

Does anyone know of a source of DVR recorders in Thailand?   Similar to the one at the link below.  

Several years ago Panasonic and Samsung had PAL units available here, but I haven't been able to find any recently.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031WLDWS/ref=s9_acsd_simh_hd_bw_b4LkW_c_x_6_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=CNF9CTPBFH7X610350XJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=869231aa-e14a-51b0-a346-058f13af7d47&pf_rd_i=1036920

"What do you want to record from?"

Want to record TV programming from Cable at pre-set days/times, etc. - just like the old VCRs did.

The major difference being that a DVR records onto a hard-drive instead of tape.  Offers much more versatility such as skipping over commercials, jumping ahead & back instantly without the delay of reeling tape.  Video can also be recorded onto a DVD disc for archiving.

Similar to TIVO,  but no phone line or subscription required.  Very popular in the States.

36 minutes ago, SurfRider said:

The major difference being that a DVR records onto a hard-drive instead of tape.  Offers much more versatility such as skipping over commercials, jumping ahead & back instantly without the delay of reeling tape.  Video can also be recorded onto a DVD disc for archiving.

Similar to TIVO,  but no phone line or subscription required.  Very popular in the States.

OK. I had a UK Tivo for years with a lifetime sub so I know the advantages well.

I only asked because many digital delivery systems these days come via a box that can be fitted with a hard drive or USB drive to do what you want.

Is your cable supply analogue RF and tuned by your TV? Or do you have a separate cable box? If the latter, what outputs does it have?

Sophon Cable provides both analog and digital channels, but the DVR must have its own tuner to sort out all the channels.

The Panasonic and Samsung units from the past that I'm familiar with do this very well.  Difficult to understand why nothing like this caught on in Thailand.  As I said - very popular in the US - per the Panasonic link in the original post.

I'm not familiar with the "digital delivery systems" you referenced.  Anywhere I can get info on these?

6 hours ago, SurfRider said:

Sophon Cable provides both analog and digital channels, but the DVR must have its own tuner to sort out all the channels.

I'm not familiar with the "digital delivery systems" you referenced.  Anywhere I can get info on these?

I thought that Sophon digital channels required a Sophon box?

For the Sophon analogue channels you could just use a PC with a suitable analogue TV tuner card. But compatibility with their digital channels might be tricky and should be checked. Digital example: https://www.tbsdtv.com/products/tbs6514_dtmb_dvb_c_quad_tuner_pcie_card.html

It would probably be simpler if you wanted to only record analogue or digital.

Digital delivery systems are just that: ways of delivering a digital signal. Here that would commonly be True satellite and DTTV and proprietary cable. Boxes that can be fitted with storage media are available for the first two sources and if your cable supplier also provides a box then it may be that it can also be fitted with a hard drive or USB drive for recording purposes. I would check with Sophon.

We have one that we use a lot.   It will be a sad day when it goes out.  I have been researching a replacement and have come to the conclusion that a new

smart tv would be the best answer....... as my understanding that you would have at least pause/play function.  That is mainly what we use ours for anyway.

Archived