Loan Defaults Expected to Peak late 2017 early 2018

Fitch Ratings reports nonperforming loans at Thailand’s banks are set to peak toward the end of 2017.

Thailand's stock market in 2017, so far, has been the worst performing major stock market in all of Asia.

Thai banks are going to be subjected to new lending standards in 2019 called IFRS, to prevent banks from aggressive lending.

As the loans continue to default, the banks will need more capital to continue to operate within government standards.

Maybe the banks are expecting big foreigner inflows from the new 10 year visa  which requires 3,000,000 baht in the bank?

If you want a laugh, look for the article in the Bangkok Post stating export growth is around 30-50% Y-O-Y for many segments of the economy.  Right.  Petroleum at over 40% growth?  Must have been a terrible May last year. LOL

There seems to be tons of money for infrastructure, new highways everywhere, submarines and new trains. You can hardly drive anywhere without seeing big condo or resort building. Houses going up like mushrooms. I hear the Hangdong 500 bed hospital has been approved ready for construction start when canal road is completed. So is it a bubble about to burst ? Or is it an economy doing quite well ? Buggered if I know??

20 minutes ago, johnmcc6 said:

There seems to be tons of money for infrastructure, new highways everywhere, submarines and new trains. You can hardly drive anywhere without seeing big condo or resort building. Houses going up like mushrooms. I hear the Hangdong 500 bed hospital has been approved ready for construction start when canal road is completed. So is it a bubble about to burst ? Or is it an economy doing quite well ? Buggered if I know??

You be the judge of where things are most likely to go based on this data (and bear in mind China is included in this)

DCM_5dYUAAE9EeQ.jpg