Video: Family's dream condo may as well have no roof

webfact

Video: Family's dream condo may as well have no roof

aHR0cDovL3BlMi5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQ5NC8yNDc0MTg2L25ld3MxMi5qcGc=.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A family's luxurious and expensive condo may as well have no roof - the rain just pours in regardless.

And it has been like this for years with constant repairs having no effect at all.

The exasperated family have had to move out three times to no avail.

Now they have demanded that the company buy it back. The company have refused and instead are trying to find more budget for what the family fear will just be more stress and more wasted time.

A poster on the "Mem Pho Dam" page said they had bought the property new for a hefty 145,000 baht per square meter.

Soon after purchase in 2014 the problems started. First they had to move out for two months but by December 2015 they were back to square one.

In 2016 they moved out for another month.

Finally in June last year they were told to leave their home for six months but it was eight months before they could move back in.

When rain started pouring in again after the third time they decided enough was enough.

But the company - that was not named in the Sanook story - have refused to buy it back.

Now the family have no choice but to wait for more budget to be allocated for even more repairs.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-22

2 hours ago, webfact said:

But the company - that was not named in the Sanook story

And this is why so many shoddy companies and individuals here just carry on doing the same lousy job endlessly.

Name them, shame them, and let them go bankrupt as they justly deserve.

10 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

And this is why so many shoddy companies and individuals here just carry on doing the same lousy job endlessly.

You should have an idea of its location from the price per sqm.

And the statement of looking for more budget can only come from staff of a large organisation referring matters to HQ.

27 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

You can't under the antiquated computer crimes act. This is how companies like this prosper

43 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

So even if the place is only 40 square meters, it cost nearly 6 million Baht. I thought it was only foreigners that were succoured into paying those kind of prices.

There's a lot more wealthy Thais than wealthy farang in Thailand....

Thai architecture is wonderful!

Thai engineering is substandard!

When a  Thai construction company say: รู้แล้ว ,You have to pay very close attention/ be at full alert/ watch what they are doing, when they are doing it!

" TWO LEADING professional councils have said Chinese engineers and architects involved in the Bangkok to Nakhon Ratchasima high-speed train project will have to be tested and certified by Thai councils."

good thing, so the roofs will leak at the train stations.

I wouldn't buy any condo in Thailand built after 2006.  

I remember reading  about the price of concrete tripling 

in 2009, or thereabouts.  Construction quality went straight 

to hell after that and was on its way already.

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

There's a lot more wealthy Thais than wealthy farang in Thailand....

Well, if they are wealthy how come they are not sueing the pants off them? 

Unbelievable 

54 minutes ago, LALes said:

I wouldn't buy any condo in Thailand built after 2006.  

I remember reading  about the price of concrete tripling 

in 2009, or thereabouts.  Construction quality went straight 

to hell after that and was on its way already.

Don't worry so much. With the amount of steel rebar in those columns, they don't even require concrete to stand...

3 hours ago, bkkbudddy said:

Greetings,

That's why even though I have money to buy a luxerious condo in Bangkok, I would never buy a condo due to their shitty construction workmanship!

You might want to avoid London, too.   And, San Francisco, as well--a luxury condo there is tilting and sinking at the same time. 

5 hours ago, doremifasol said:

Bring the company to court and have them loose everything they have.

Yeah, but. . .

They'll just threaten to sue for defamation, which is enough to scare most folk away. If ever a Thai law needed changing it's this one, used so often to stop consumers exercising what should be their rights.

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I know you know it, but you're neglecting to mention one big thing... CRIMINAL DEFAMATION in Thailand!

That's the reason crooks like this don't get named and shamed in the media, along with, sometimes, the influence that builders have thru advertising relationships with said media outlets.

Another example of how the Thai legal system works against the good interests of its own people.

Not saying this is the same place... but same story

My friend works for a construction company who have built the "Energy" complex in Hua Hin

Same scenario, recently the rains came in and many areas were flooded inside, water pouring in through the ceilings, windows, doors etc etc, it's just finished completion with some work still carrying on...

anyone thinking of buying a condo there definitely needs to go view on a day when it's pouring with rain...

a dry day and your going to buy trouble for sure!!!!

My top floor rental apt on Sukhumvit started to let rain water through right after it was built and open for rental.

I was the very first tenant. I was away during the first rain and got a TV stand and some other objects water damaged.

The owners, who live on the premises, quickly realized that they had to do something quick and tiled the flat roof. No more problem.

A old English guy told me a long time ago before I even lived in Bkk never buy a condo keep what you have in your own country as it will still be standing in 60 years unlike here 

Rent when that place starts to crumble move to the next one and so  on

7 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

A old English guy told me a long time ago before I even lived in Bkk never buy a condo keep what you have in your own country as it will still be standing in 60 years unlike here 

Rent when that place starts to crumble move to the next one and so  on

Excellent advise I live by too

we have something like that on a much smaller scale, water onto the ceiling downstairs. In the past two years had bathroom floor dug up and pipes replaced, every crack in the walls outside done, painted with good quality paint, roof looked at, still not been able to find out where the water comes in from, only does it when raining now. Others houses have had ceilings collapsed from water penetration so could be worse.