"Dark skinned gang" paid 100 Thai women 5,000 baht each on Facebook to marry for long term visas

webfact

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Ratcher said:

Many appear to be still there on Sukhumvit soi 3 and surounding soi's

555 I walked through a group of the African hookers once at Sukhumvit Soi 13. Some 120 kg girl got all indignant when she asked me if I wanted to have some fun and I said no. All I wanted was a taxi. 

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Duck said:

555 I walked through a group of the African hookers once at Sukhumvit Soi 13. Some 120 kg girl got all indignant when she asked me if I wanted to have some fun and I said no. All I wanted was a taxi. 

Well she as about the same size.

Edited by halloween

8 hours ago, Thechook said:

It's quite common actually, one thai girl I know of paid an Aussie guy the equivalent of 5k to marry, she moved to Australia on permanent resident visa then when she left the guy took him for half his assets also.  It was quite a profitable scam.

Rubbish, she would only get half of what they jointly accumulated after the marriage.

22 minutes ago, mrfill said:

To add some more science, olives are green or black. No need for further definition for black, so  'olive skinned' people are green. Really?

You can spin it anyway you like. There is noone with "white skin". And oh there is noone with "black skin" either. Africans are dark brown and Europeans are pinkish. Get a mirror and have a look. :cheesy:

Edited by Machiavelli

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Daily News called them a "nasty black skinned gang" in their headline."

Thailand 4.0.

Good, let's hope that Thailand doesn't have a left wing politically correct meltdown like Europe. The EU should be fair warning of what happens when you are you scared to say the truth in fear of upsetting people. Good on Thailand for keeping it real.

4 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

I think  Europeans, Americans and Aussies are in the news more often than Africans.....or you are just a racist. 

Don't forget the lao, cambodian, burmese, indian, chinese, russian, Korean, etc.... that also appear in the news more often than African gangs. 

These guys are human trafficers, plain and simple, not necessarely in Thai women but Africans (male and female).  It wouldn't supprise me if they investigated
a bit more, we would see Thai women being trafficed as well. These guys have a large network. But every nationality has criminals in Thailand, either hiding from
authorities in their own country or for criminal activity conducted from Thailand.

1 hour ago, tonray said:

2) You are way out of line but that's par for the course here at Thai Visa.

I admit, that was a bit out of line.

But the story from that Vietnamese girl is a known scam story I have experienced myself but with a Thai girl I knew.

1 hour ago, tonray said:

I know many people on retirement extensions who have nothing in the bank and surrender their passports once a year and get it done...we should not be no naive to believe that official misconduct is not also at play here in the money chain.

Are you sure the requirements for extending retirement visa is the same as for the initial application?

Just now, Bastos60 said:

Are you sure the requirements for extending retirement visa is the same as for the initial application?

Absolutely. You have to go through the exact same steps and satisfy the same requirements.

8 hours ago, carlyai said:

That's the reason you can't get married at the Australian Embassy any more, and you have to jump through sooooo many hoops to bring a Thai girl to Australia.
Because of all the scam artists out there, stuff it up for the dinkum Aussies.

Good on the Aussie Boarder Protection mob. emoji7.pngemoji8.pngemoji10.pngemoji11.pngemoji9.png

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

While I am sure there are exceptions to the rule from my experience they tightened up a few years ago.

My wife had to wait two years to obtain residency fortunately because they made a mistake on her tourist visa she was able to stay in Australia on a bridging visa but with a number of restrictions

We know of a few other cases and they were in genuine relationships but were certainly put through the hoops you mention

2 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

From what I read it needs to be either 800k Baht in the bank OR 65k baht montly pension OR a combination of both but totalling 800K.

Got it from siam-legal.com (correct me if it isn't valid information) http://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa/Thailand-Retirement-Visa.php

Correct, but we are talking about folk with nuffink using an agent to "fix" stuff...

2 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

From what I read it needs to be either 800k Baht in the bank OR 65k baht montly pension OR a combination of both but totalling 800K.

Got it from siam-legal.com (correct me if it isn't valid information) http://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa/Thailand-Retirement-Visa.php

Sounds right. If you are an Aussie you can sign a stat dec at the embassy stating that you meet the requirements, then you don't have to show bank balances or prove income.

Just now, Bastos60 said:

I guess that agent provides him with a bankaccount and 800k for a fee.

The 800k is transferred into your existing bank account for a day and a fee is charged.

9 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

A mate of mine back in the 1990s I'm London had a few properties he rented through a letting agency. The owner was an Indian guy.  Asked my mate if he had any single friends willing to marry Indian lady's for £1500 a go.

The guy was eventually nicked did a few years.

Still going on today but try £5000+ a pot and still big business

10 hours ago, Thechook said:

It's quite common actually, one thai girl I know of paid an Aussie guy the equivalent of 5k to marry, she moved to Australia on permanent resident visa then when she left the guy took him for half his assets also.  It was quite a profitable scam.

Surely she could only take half of what was accrued between them after they were married ?

6 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

Exactly. Anyone not from the five "special" countries has to jump through lots of hoops to get married here. It takes months to get everything in order. Unless they were bribing Thai officials there is no way they could have pulled this off! If they were bribing officials then then are not the "dark/ black gang" anymore. What's the color for people here? :stoner:

Does this mean Nigeria and Afghanistan are one of the five 'special' countries??  I agree with the  bribing officials -

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I wonder if such a song and dance would be made about the matter if Thai people had been behind it?

You really think there wasnt a thai fixer involved and getting paid  along the way ?

I doubt all these poor village girls could speak enough english to get married and i dont think 

the africans will have fluent thai yet either 

the largest fish escaped prosecution .........as usual 

7 minutes ago, superal said:

Surely she could only take half of what was accrued between them after they were married ?

Not unless she had signed a pre-nuptial agreement

In Australia I think even in defacto relationships after one year the woman has the same entitlement as if she was married

In this case we don't know the full facts such as to how long they were together were there any children etc

The Family Law Court seems to lean more to the woman than the man

2 hours ago, Ratcher said:

Many appear to be still there on Sukhumvit soi 3 and surounding soi's

Try walking on the odd side of Sukhumvit between Soi 3 & 15 after dark, you are running a gauntlet of pimps, drug dealers, hookers, scam artists, hanging out on the sidewalks.   I was in Nairobi last November, in the daily newspaper was an article   -  they found a container in Mombasa with forty seven men & women in it headed to Thailand, most from Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone and The Gambia - all English speaking countries.  Speculated for every one they find, five get through - that's a lot of hookers and scammers.

11 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Try walking on the odd side of Sukhumvit between Soi 3 & 15 after dark, you are running a gauntlet of pimps, drug dealers, hookers, scam artists, hanging out on the sidewalks.   I was in Nairobi last November, in the daily newspaper was an article   -  they found a container in Mombasa with forty seven men & women in it headed to Thailand, most from Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone and The Gambia - all English speaking countries.  Speculated for every one they find, five get through - that's a lot of hookers and scammers.

That must have been a long time ago. Now they go to libya, jump in a rubber boat and they get picked up by NGO's right out of the port from where they set of. Why even bother sitting in a container without any comfort, decent food or drinkable water for 3 weeks to go to Thailand.

Edited by Bastos60

1 minute ago, Bastos60 said:

That must have been a long time ago. Now they go to libya, jump in a rubber boat and they get picked up by NGO's right out of the port from where they set of. Why even
bother sitting in a container without any comfort, decent food or drinkable water for 3 weeks to go to Thailand.

And no welfare benefits when they get here.