'Peace hero' Islamic teacher shot dead in front of wife in Nong Chik

webfact

'Peace hero' Islamic teacher shot dead in front of wife in Nong Chik

By The Nation

NONG CHIK: -- An Islamic teacher, who been called a “peace hero” for his campaign to get Muslim insurgents to lay down their arms, was fatally shot in front of his wife inside his Islamic school on Wednesday night.

Ahwae Tohsatu, 55, the owner of Islamic Community Study Foundation School in Moo 5 in Tambon Pulohpuyo of Nong Chik district, was shot at the school at 9.30pm.

Police said five men wearing face masks attacked Ahwae when he was leaving the mosque inside the school with his wife, following a night prayer.

Police say he was shot twice in the body. His wife knelt beside him and begged the attackers to let him go but one of the gunmen shot him in the forehead and fled the scene.

He was rushed to a hospital but died soon after.

Nong Chik distrrict chief Ake Yung-apai said authorities would check eight spent shells of ammunition found at the scene to try to locate the attackers.

The district chief said insurgents have spread rumours that the five men were the authorities.

Col Pramote Prom-in, the spokesman of the forward command of the Internal Security Operations Command Area 4, said Ahwae had been cooperating with the ISOC Area 4 to try to bring peace to the region and was called a “peace hero”.

He has been an adviser for the command sine 2007 and played a role in solving several conflicts. Pramote added that the teacher has also helped convince several insurgents to lay down their arms and surrender.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30318773

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-22

54 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

I really want to post a personal opinion. Sadly the last time i did i got suspended. Im still clueless as to why. I guess muslims are the lucky ones. So important that there feelings are more important than your average innocent caring citizen.

Don't bother ,They can't handle the truth. 

3 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

If you are teaching Islam it is impossible to be a peace hero, Islam is not peaceful, just read the Quran

Having read the Koran, I understand that (despite its being a very confusing work), there were two distinct phases in Mohammed's life.  In the first he was dedicated to tolerance and acceptance.  In that phase (in Mecca) he did not advocate violence of any kind.  So Islam is not inherently violent.  It very much depends upon which parts of the Koran one places an emphasis, and one's attitude to abrogation.  Pretty much like the Bible, really.

Just now, Oxx said:

Having read the Koran, I understand that (despite its being a very confusing work), there were two distinct phases in Mohammed's life.  In the first he was dedicated to tolerance and acceptance.  In that phase (in Mecca) he did not advocate violence of any kind.  So Islam is not inherently violent.  It very much depends upon which parts of the Koran one places an emphasis, and one's attitude to abrogation.  Pretty much like the Bible, really.

Aren't they all allegedly the irrefutable word of Allah? Would you like to into the mosque and express the view that the more violent texts are BS and should be ignored?

13 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Ahmadiyya Muslim Community | Islam Ahmadiyya - Al Islam

"The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the leading Islamic organization to categorically reject terrorism in any form. Over a century ago, Ahmad(as) emphatically declared that an aggressive “jihad by the sword” has no place in Islam. In its place, he taught his followers to wage a bloodless, intellectual “jihad of the pen” to defend Islam. To this end, Ahmad(as) penned over 90 books and tens of thousands of letters, delivered hundreds of lectures, and engaged in scores of public debates.

His rigorous and rational defenses of Islam unsettled conventional Muslim thinking. As part of its effort to revive Islam, the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community continues to spread Ahmad’s(as) teachings of moderation and restraint in the face of bitter opposition from parts of the Muslim world."

Persecution of Ahmadis - Wikipedia

Many of TVFs contributors are of course equally opposed to the idea that such teachings might exist in the Islamic world.

Edited by Enoon

2 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Ahmadiyya Muslim Community | Islam Ahmadiyya - Al Islam

"The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the leading Islamic organization to categorically reject terrorism in any form. Over a century ago, Ahmad(as) emphatically declared that an aggressive “jihad by the sword” has no place in Islam. In its place, he taught his followers to wage a bloodless, intellectual “jihad of the pen” to defend Islam. To this end, Ahmad(as) penned over 90 books and tens of thousands of letters, delivered hundreds of lectures, and engaged in scores of public debates.

His rigorous and rational defenses of Islam unsettled conventional Muslim thinking. As part of its effort to revive Islam, the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community continues to spread Ahmad’s(as) teachings of moderation and restraint in the face of bitter opposition from parts of the Muslim world."

Many of TVFs contributors are of course equally opposed to the idea that such teachings might exist in the Islamic world.

I quite like the concept of muslims rejecting violence and terrorism despite its appearance in the koran. If they can reject that part of it as BS, they are well on the way to dumping the rest.

49 minutes ago, halloween said:

I quite like the concept of muslims rejecting violence and terrorism despite its appearance in the koran. If they can reject that part of it as BS, they are well on the way to dumping the rest.

I favour the concept of everybody rejecting violence, as there is no colour bar with me

We have had the War to end War I am still waiting patiently for that to kick in

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

"The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the leading Islamic organization to categorically reject terrorism in any form.

Except they are not by any rational logic Moslems.  Islam teaches that Mohammed was the final prophet.  To suggest otherwise is blasphemous.  There is not a single Moslem sect that accepts them as bona fide Moslems to the best of my knowledge.

Killing has been around since Cain and Abel.. supposedly...

religion, politics, jealousy you name it someones been killed in the name of it..

when you get down to the truth of it mankind is just a murderous breed & will keep doing so in the name of something that suits the moment !

With peaceful Muslims being killed by fellow Islamic Thug and terrorists,  called insurgents, it is disgraceful.

I know many Mulims who do not agree with any of these murderers, and they say they are also

disgusted by these latest wars being waged by the Terror groups. ISIL, Al Qaeda, Al Shabaab, Boko Haram

the Taliban and any other groups that exist.  Who is it  that  is supporting all of these groups?

Makes me wonder.

Geezer

13 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

With peaceful Muslims being killed by fellow Islamic Thug and terrorists,  called insurgents, it is disgraceful.

I know many Mulims who do not agree with any of these murderers, and they say they are also

disgusted by these latest wars being waged by the Terror groups. ISIL, Al Qaeda, Al Shabaab, Boko Haram

the Taliban and any other groups that exist.  Who is it  that  is supporting all of these groups?

Makes me wonder.

Geezer

Selling arms is probably the best money spinner for every government in the world.

What is there to wonder about ?

9 hours ago, halloween said:

Aren't they all allegedly the irrefutable word of Allah? Would you like to into the mosque and express the view that the more violent texts are BS and should be ignored?

In to the majority of mosques, yes of course.

9 hours ago, halloween said:

Well the majority of Christians reject the horrific violence in the bible so let's hope.

7 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Well the majority of Christians reject the horrific violence in the bible so let's hope.

The majority of christians pick out the bits of the bible that suit them and declare it to be holy writ, and ignore the bits that don't. If you can't see the hypocrisy in that, I can't help you.

BTW who wrote the amendments to "Thou Shall Not Kill"? Do presidents get a hotline to god?

32 minutes ago, halloween said:

The majority of christians pick out the bits of the bible that suit them and declare it to be holy writ, and ignore the bits that don't. If you can't see the hypocrisy in that, I can't help you.

That really is a distortion of the truth.

The New Testament largely abrogated what is written in the Old Testament.  Consequently it's perfectly reasonable to discount the Old Testament.  Christians' lives are supposed to be guided by the New Testament, and particularly by the four gospels with Jesus' teaching and example.  I can't think of any verse in the gospels which is ignored by "the majority of Christians".

Even with the other books of the New Testament, I can only think of a few verses (dealing with the treatment of women, with "baptism of the dead", and the "unpardonable sin") which are routinely ignored.

3 minutes ago, Oxx said:

That really is a distortion of the truth.

The New Testament largely abrogated what is written in the Old Testament.  Consequently it's perfectly reasonable to discount the Old Testament.  Christians' lives are supposed to be guided by the New Testament, and particularly by the four gospels with Jesus' teaching and example.  I can't think of any verse in the gospels which is ignored by "the majority of Christians".

Even with the other books of the New Testament, I can only think of a few verses (dealing with the treatment of women, with "baptism of the dead", and the "unpardonable sin") which are routinely ignored.

But you can think of a few. They don't suit current attitudes, so let's just ignore them.

BTW do not cut my posts when replying because the content is uncomfortable for you.

2 hours ago, halloween said:

BTW do not cut my posts when replying because the content is uncomfortable for you.

Don't be a dick.  I was only reply to one point, so I only included your point I was reply to.  Your other point was just drivel and not worthy of a reply.

20 hours ago, Oxx said:

The later parts from Modina (violent) over ride the earlier more moderate parts, eg let there be no compulsion in religion. This is the rule of abrogation as otherwise Allah is contradicting himself. When he got the upper hand he became very brutal, it was convert or die, so the Meccan phase is almost irrelevant and certainly to the success of Islams spread. In the hadith Mohammad is quoted as saying 'I have been victorious by terror' and he was, not by the early tolerance, but by the later violence. Read it again, it is not about emphasis but about the timeline, and nothing like the Bible at all.

Edited by Orton Rd

20 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Why aren't the security forces protecting these people?

Because the security forces cannot be everywhere at all of the time and guarantee 24 hour security for every man, woman and child down there.

If he was guarded while at the school then terrorists would have had more targets to shoot at. Alternatively they could have waited for a different time.

To guard one person requires at least 4 guards on an 8 hour rota 24/7 allowing the guards no eating or toilet time during their shift. Can you stay physically alert for 8 hours at a time for days, weeks, months and possibly years on end? Would you be willing to sacrifice your life for another?

It seems as though there were 5 terrorists, so to protect him you would need 3 or 4 guys with him all the time. The same would have to apply to protect his wife but there was no mention of children who may also need protection.

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Don't be a dick.  I was only reply to one point, so I only included your point I was reply to.  Your other point was just drivel and not worthy of a reply.

Really, then perhaps you can tell me why so many god-fearing christians are willing to join armed forces and kill at the the orders of their politicians. Gott mit uns!