Brian Davidson, British Ambassador talking about top 3 UK priorities in Thailand this year 

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Exactly my friend, exactly. 

Yeah, but . . . 

We can all expect a much more painful kick to the goolies soon, courtesy of the Tory government under its new leader - and self-professed champion of the underdog) Theresa May.

Mother Theresa has an unsaintly plan up her designer sleeve to snatch back from non-EU expats the personal tax allowance that all British citizens receive as a right.

In my case, I'd lose 20 percent of my UK private pension money overnight (the State pension is, of course, already taxed at source).

This egregious plan  - the latest in a series of blows delivered by the party of the wealthy in the name of national austerity -  was delayed by the EU referendum. But with the dust settled on the result and negotiations underway, we can expect the cash-strapped Tory government to demand their pound of flesh - possibly as early as the Autumn budget.

We may not be doomed to suffer alone. If Britain exits the EU,  presumably our equivalents in places like France and Germany will also lose the allowance. This fact can only increase the growing pressure for a Brexit U-turn - a manoeuvre at which (unlike her Iron Lady predecessor) former Remain campaigner May

is already proven herself to be disturbingly adroit.

16 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Oh grow up man. A bloke's sexual preferences do not affect his professional competency.

Are the heterosexual civil servants doing a better job?

Oi chicken legs, read the comments in  context and stop trolling with half quotes or u will be reported. 

20 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

You may find that a portion of those who rely on money they make in the uk on which they pay uk tax are somewhat agitated about the complete lack of concern their paid for civil servant ( now there's an oxymoron) displays. 

Its called looking a gift horse in the mouth. 

I am so so agitated I am now removing my investments out of the uk even though the pound has tanked. If they are unwilling to give back to those that have invested in them then they are no more than common thieves. 

Oh and whilst acknowledging that this this could be classed as homophobic, I have never stuck anything up my bum despite a public school education, years in the navy and years in the Middle East. Can our representative say the same?

Fortunately I did not go to public school or spent time in the navy so don't feel the need to defend my anal virginity.

18 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

Oi chicken legs, read the comments in  context and stop trolling with half quotes or u will be reported. 

My comment relates to only part of your post, indicated by the ellipses ( ... )

This is the part I referenced - "I have never stuck anything up my bum despite a public school education, years in the navy and years in the Middle East. Can our representative say the same?"

Childish and off topic.

You know where the report button is - use it.

16 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Fortunately I did not go to public school or spent time in the navy so don't feel the need to defend my anal virginity.

Careful Tilacme, there are some who consider such ill advised comments to be juvenile.........

3 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

Careful Tilacme, there are some who consider such ill advised comments to be juvenile.........

Maybe and apologies for my flip comment, but it was an odd thing to come out with.

11 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

My comment relates to only part of your post, indicated by the ellipses ( ... )

This is the part I referenced - "I have never stuck anything up my bum despite a public school education, years in the navy and years in the Middle East. Can our representative say the same?"

Childish and off topic.

You know where the report button is - use it.

Yawn,

(To the tune of Rawhide!)

trolling trolling trolling,

keep the rubbish flowing,

trolling trolling trolling, on line

ive nothing good to say today, 

so I'll have a go at someone anyway

to hide my unusual activities from all

i'll defend the indefensible, and who do no bloody good

and hide behind a stupid internet name

Trolling trolling trolling,

keep the nonsense flowing,

trolling trolling trolling on line

because I am so super, and never drop a blooper,

i am a f*****g hero on the game

i fight for good with my keyboard 

and never say a wrong word

and never give away my stupid name.

trolling trolling trolling

keep the bulls*** flowing 

everyones eyes are rolling

my backside!

oh and BTW they are referred to as brackets.....

whilst you may may be right about the abilities for the man to do his job is he really a representative of the UK? Don't forget we are talking about a global forum here and in many parts of the world such activities remain frowned upon take for example his previous posting where he deliberately broke the law of the land but I suppose I am opening the politically correct virtue signalling tripe that is shovelled at us on a daily basis by the media and select politicians. 

So chum when when it comes to doing a bit of growing up and presumably getting out of a pampered bubble of self interest, maybe you should turn your viewpoint inwards as it is said " doctor heal thy wounds first"

Edited by The Dark Lord
Make it easy to understand for the reader

11 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Maybe and apologies for my flip comment, but it was an odd thing to come out with.

No probs mate I am with you and found your comment amusing and took it in the vein it was intended , it is just that we have some in TVF who take themselves so seriously whilst viewing the world ( reality) from a position that infers their heads are stuck in an anatomically difficult and unpleasant place

1 hour ago, The Dark Lord said:

Yawn,

(To the tune of Rawhide!)

trolling trolling trolling,

keep the rubbish flowing,

trolling trolling trolling, on line

ive nothing good to say today, 

so I'll have a go at someone anyway

to hide my unusual activities from all

i'll defend the indefensible, and who do no bloody good

and hide behind a stupid internet name

Trolling trolling trolling,

keep the nonsense flowing,

trolling trolling trolling on line

because I am so super, and never drop a blooper,

i am a f*****g hero on the game

i fight for good with my keyboard 

and never say a wrong word

and never give away my stupid name.

trolling trolling trolling

keep the bulls*** flowing 

everyones eyes are rolling

my backside!

oh and BTW they are referred to as brackets.....

whilst you may may be right about the abilities for the man to do his job is he really a representative of the UK? Don't forget we are talking about a global forum here and in many parts of the world such activities remain frowned upon take for example his previous posting where he deliberately broke the law of the land but I suppose I am opening the politically correct virtue signalling tripe that is shovelled at us on a daily basis by the media and select politicians. 

So chum when when it comes to doing a bit of growing up and presumably getting out of a pampered bubble of self interest, maybe you should turn your viewpoint inwards as it is said " doctor heal thy wounds first"

Feeling better now?

We are not British citizens in the eyes of the FCO we are basically  customer nothing more also am sick and tired of seeing on Twitter / Facebook   LGBT from the embassy ... And this is only been thrown down everybody throat because he is gay .. all these party's about it too could fund better projects .. End of the day it's very true The FCO promotes the United Kingdom's interests overseas, supporting our citizens and businesses around the globe.

Edited by BangkokNicky

23 hours ago, soalbundy said:

He's not an idiot, we are, he is on a nice little earner and can drink as much gin tonics as he can puke and all he has to do is blah blah blah blah. He is good at it to, he said nothing of any substance but it sounded to the uninitiated rather good, he is obviously a professional civil servant with a gold plated pension waiting for him after years of blah blah blah.

Just everyone in a government position doesnt make him believable though

On June 23, 2017 at 2:23 PM, Krataiboy said:

Yeah, but . . 

We may not be doomed to suffer alone. If Britain exits the EU,  presumably our equivalents in places like France and Germany will also lose the allowance. This fact can only increase the growing pressure for a Brexit U-turn - a manoeuvre at which (unlike her Iron Lady predecessor) former Remain campaigner May

is already proven herself to be disturbingly adroit.

When the electorates, democratic decisions to exit this so called Union, finally takes place. Do not be surprised if those British pensioners, presently living in the EU are exempt from this unfair frozen pension policy. If on the other hand, they are not, perhaps that could be a good thing, as it would greatly increase the numbers already pressing successive governments for change