Dental Osteopath?

Deserted

Hello. I have been in this country quite some time but the other day, whilst helping someone very new here. She asked me if I could help with an issue. Her 5 year old daughter went to something called a dental osteopath(?) in France. The upper palate for her jaw/mouth is not wide enough and needs to be widened. Her mother said that rather than do it via a dentist, its now possible to do it via an osteopath who will massage that part of her jaw/mouth into the correct place over a period of time much more effectively she claimed. I said I knew nothing of this but would try to help. 

Has anyone undergone such treatment and if so here, where did they do it? I assumed that the Bungrumrad might offer such things best that is all I can say.

All help appreciated. Again, its for a 5-year old girl whose upper palate in her mouth is not quite wide enough.

Thanks

Sounds like snake oil unless the doctor is in there 12 hours a day massaging. An Orthodontist may be able to fit an appliance (brace) to gradually effect the change but I cannot see how a massage in a 1 or 2 hour appointment can change physical structure.

Her mother said that in France the doctor she met stated that over a period of about 6 months, after a number of appointments, some sort of messaging procedure with certain insertions (I did not ask what) would widen her daughter's upper palate in her mouth. From the way she spoke, it sounded as though her opinion was rationally informed. Is such a thing being practiced here? 

Comments please.

3 minutes ago, Deserted said:

Her mother said that in France the doctor she met stated that over a period of about 6 months, after a number of appointments, some sort of messaging procedure with certain insertions (I did not ask what) would widen her daughter's upper palate in her mouth. From the way she spoke, it sounded as though her opinion was rationally informed. Is such a thing being practiced here? 

Comments please.

Well the certain insertions sound more like Orthodontia (essentially an oral appliance or brace that is gradually adjusted over time). In that case I can see it working but massage alone is doubtful.

4 hours ago, tonray said:

Sounds like snake oil unless the doctor is in there 12 hours a day massaging. An Orthodontist may be able to fit an appliance (brace) to gradually effect the change but I cannot see how a massage in a 1 or 2 hour appointment can change physical structure.

I did think she meant an Orthodontist but she said Osteopath, which I found confusing. 

4 hours ago, tonray said:

Well the certain insertions sound more like Orthodontia (essentially an oral appliance or brace that is gradually adjusted over time). In that case I can see it working but massage alone is doubtful.

I think this is what she is referring to but got the name wrong. So since it is for a 5-year old. Where is best to go?

2 minutes ago, Deserted said:

I think this is what she is referring to but got the name wrong. So since it is for a 5-year old. Where is best to go?

I don't have young kids so I will leave Orthodontist recommendations to others.