Nationwide UK

I have had a lot of trouble  recently trying to transfer money to my  Bangkok bank account.

A recent reply to my  complaints has made it quite clear that only Swift transfer can be done because the Chaps transfers via the Bangkok Bank London

cant be done since only 8 Bank account numbers can be accomodated on their system.

I wonder if Bangkok Bank know about this?

Has anyone had this problem?

I have had a lot of trouble  recently trying to transfer money to my  Bangkok bank account.
A recent reply to my  complaints has made it quite clear that only Swift transfer can be done because the Chaps transfers via the Bangkok Bank London
cant be done since only 8 Bank account numbers can be accomodated on their system.
I wonder if Bangkok Bank know about this?
Has anyone had this problem?

So what's wrong with using SWIFT?

Using the UK to Thailand funds transfer method identified on the Bangkok Bank website should work....apparently a lot of UK people use the procedure.   After going to above webpage click the sublink titled "How to Transfer Funds from the UK using your UK bank account....."  

Based on numerous post I've read you best off instructing Bangkok Bank London to transfer in sterling (don't let them convert to baht on the UK end....let the receiving Thai bank accomplish the conversion.

Seems in your online banking you would just enter the Bangkok Bank London Sort Code  of 609398, then account number 92002000 for a sterling transfer, and then enter your in-Thailand Bangkok Bank account number/beneficiary info in the special instructions fields.  See their webpage for details.

I'm Nationwide and I tried to do this from the UK. What I believe you have to do is: open a BKK bank account  in the London based branch (before you leave the YUK), transfer from your NW into the BKK account (YUK) and it will be transferred fee free to your TL BKK account. 

7 minutes ago, keithathome said:

I'm Nationwide and I tried to do this from the UK. What I believe you have to do is: open a BKK bank account  in the London based branch (before you leave the YUK), transfer from your NW into the BKK account (YUK) and it will be transferred fee free to your TL BKK account. 

Bangkok Bank in London is not a retail bank and does not open private customer accounts.