Abandoned dog photographed waiting for owner dies months after adoption

webfact

Abandoned dog photographed waiting for owner dies months after adoption

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cn.jpg

In February, thousands of netizens shared a photo of a loyal dog at Rama V pier who was often seen by locals looking out over the river as if she was waiting for her owner to pick her up.

BANGKOK: -- The famous lonely dog, who was seen by locals waiting for her former master at Bangkok’s Rama V pier for over a month in February, was tragically run over by a car yesterday, four months after she found her forever home.

The heartbreaking tale of the dog called “Tha Ruea,” which translates to “pier,” was shared on Facebook by her new owner Trakul Pakornkiat. Trakul adopted Tha Ruea after the photo of the loyal dog, staring blankly into the Chao Phraya River, as if she was waiting for her owner to come back, went viral.

Netizens thought the dog had found its happy ending and that Tha Reau would live a long, happy canine life. But she was sadly hit by a car in her neighborhood.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/abandoned-dog-photographed-waiting-owner-dies-months-adoption/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-06-23

Someone three weeks ago drop off a rice bag at the temple, when the monks looked inside...it had 8 puppy's in the bag.

Well I got 6 of the puppy's new homes, but 1 died and 1 was to sick with a very low white cell blood count. Now he has a new home.

I see poor dogs that have been left at the dump, on the side of the road, at the park. And most of the time I will bring them to the Temple.

If you go to:  Thailand Temple Dogs & Cats  (on facebook)

You will see how we are trying to help them...I had a Thai man ask me why I was feeding the dogs, and I looked at him and said...because you are not doing it!

Well done to K. Trakul for adopting “Tha Ruea” in the first place.

But it wouldn't be fair not to be a bit critical and ask why the dog was on the road in the first place to be run over by the car?

It is for me a very sad tale.

1 hour ago, doggie1955 said:

Someone three weeks ago drop off a rice bag at the temple, when the monks looked inside...it had 8 puppy's in the bag.

Well I got 6 of the puppy's new homes, but 1 died and 1 was to sick with a very low white cell blood count. Now he has a new home.

I see poor dogs that have been left at the dump, on the side of the road, at the park. And most of the time I will bring them to the Temple.

You will see how we are trying to help them...I had a Thai man ask me why I was feeding the dogs, and I looked at him and said...because you are not doing it!

...in San Diego?

15 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Dog in Shibuya Tokyo famously waited for it's owner (died) to come home at the train station for over 9 years, there is a statue of it at Tower records.

And a movie was made about it with Richard Gere (Hachi: a dog's tale)

19 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

You feed them so they can have more puppies. You are part of the problem not the solution.

4 hours ago, Keesters said:

You feed them so they can have more puppies. You are part of the problem not the solution.

All the dogs have been fixed...That are at the Temple, and the one's I bring to the Temple.

Edited by doggie1955