Going Rate For Part Time Maid

I have a part-time maid but not a live in maid, i pay her 150 baht to clean my room each time(I live in a condo and she also works in the building), if live in and/or full time be expecting to pay anywhere from 4-7k baht per month from what my girlfriend told me, but you dont want anyone from the street so I would advise going to some upper mangement agency that can handle your needs.

I know a friend who pays 5K for a maid who lives in the same building. He is also in charge of her living expenses. Again, u need to be sure of who you are hiring. Many Thais hire maids who are from their same village of origin. Hence they know his/her family and friends.

Thanks for your input. I already have a very good maid, but I wanted to compare pricing. I pay THB6,500.00 per month for Mon-Fri 1.00 pm to 6.00 pm. She is excellent, but my query is as much about the annual increments.....10% pa? Do others put up the maid's salary by 10% pa? Do you also pay 13 months pa? Bubba I can recommend an agent, (from whom my maid came). Pm and I'll give you details.

Up here in lower Issan we pay our maid 6,000 baht per month

She lives in the same village as us - and has her own house & land + kids.

She works 7 days a week

8 am till @ 6pm - this includes watering plants in the evening - which takes longer when its dry or not at all at over times/

She can suit herself with lunch & times as we are not that strict! Sometimes she takes an hour - sometimes less sometimes more.

Obviously as she has her own children (her own mother lives with her) then she has her own emergencies/requirements and she will take time off for that - but without ever being asked she will allways make up her work/ time or come in early.

It works very well for us but it can take time to find an ideal situation/employee

i only pay Bt 2,500 per month for my part time maid. she comes in 3x per week, about 3 hours each time.

i am her first expat, she is actually one of the live-in maids for a Thai aristocrat household next door (i hear her employer works for the king). they allow her to come work for me in the day time when there is little work at home. i have found her work meticulous and her standards impeccable.

since she is part time, there is no need to pay 13th month, although i do give her almost as much for new year bonus.

i intend to up her pay to Bt 3,000 once she has served 1 year, although i'd better check with her real employer first.

there is prevailing impression among Thai households that foreigners pay too much, and in the end spoil the market with highly demanding "english" speaking maids that become lazy and presumptious once they get used to the foreigners' liberal standards. i hardly blame them for that impression now that i know what a decent local maid is like compared to the farang household maids i have come across.

Thanks for sharing information. I reckon an average of about THB250-290 per hour, plus variable answers on bonuses, annual increments. I think the longer hours/times per week you have a maid working the cheaper it works out. Similarly, if you employ a full time maid, it works out much cheaper, but my own preference is not to have that, as I want my complete "space" after 6.00 pm, and I enjoy cooking, and not having to navigate around a maid in the mornings.

I think not having a live-in maid is becoming more popular amongst younger Thais. Some of the newer condos don't have maid quarters, to reflect this too. Personally we knocked through to the maid's quarters and enlarged the kitchen, which we use a lot, and which is used and enjoyed by visitors too, (as it has a breakfast bar, which doubles as a drinks bar). Those of you from the west will know that most people live in the kitchen, which has become the main living room, and is multi-purpose.

We've got a maid who, like many others, lives in the same building (her hubby is the condo handyman), but doesnt live in with us. She comes three days a week for 3-4 hours, or however long it takes. For that I pay her 4500 a month and give her a month's bonus each New Year. I'll be increasing her salary to 4800 this month.

She's fantastic . .even takes care of the cats if we go away and invariably goes out to buy fresh flowers for place out of her own money.

We've got a maid who, like many others, lives in the same building (her hubby is the condo handyman), but doesnt live in with us. She comes three days a week for 3-4 hours, or however long it takes. For that I pay her 4500 a month and give her a month's bonus each New Year. I'll be increasing her salary to 4800 this month.

She's fantastic . .even takes care of the cats if we go away and invariably goes out to buy fresh flowers for place out of her own money.

I am no cheep charlie but these girls work in factory for 5 k a month and work there fannies off for that money now you pay 4500 a month for 3 days a week yes you are spoiling them and no thai could afford to hire them any more or want to hire them I do not use a maid I have a g/f that does my cleaning but if I was to hire one I think 200 baht a day is fair amout of pay plus there lunch and travel expense if any which is lot more than they would make in some sweat shop factory here in udon my landlord pay his night watch man 3500 a month and he get no time off that comes to little bit more than 100 baht a day think about it before you jump and ask what the thai are paying but do not tell them you want to hire one LOL

4500 and 3500 a month for two maids. Both live in (food included, and we eat together... as in the same stuff, not same dinner times, unless we take them out with us.... which we do if we have kids that need looking after along). No real days off, but work around our homes is actually pretty relaxed. Usually give them each a 50 satang bracelet or something similar for new year's. They are both Lao, but legally registered, which doesn't allow them any medical benefits... so any medical issues are on us, naturally. For those lucky enough to have Thai maids (really hard to find nowadays), a good form of compensation is paying for their education. You can have have staff study "suksa poo-yai" until they had their Mor 6 equivalents... and then to go onto study at local commercial colleges on Saturday and Sunday afternoons and evenings. Unfortunately these options aren't open to "foreign" maids. IMO, it's a responsible way to have household help in homes that don't have trades to teach their staff. One day these folks are going to be old and unable to do anything else other than scrub floors, clean bathrooms, trim the lawn, and wash cars.

:o

I am no cheep charlie but these girls work in factory for 5 k a month and work there fannies off for that money now you pay 4500 a month for 3 days a week yes you are spoiling them and no thai could afford to hire them any more or want to hire them I do not use a maid I have a g/f that does my cleaning but if I was to hire one I think 200 baht a day is fair amout of pay plus there lunch and travel expense if any which is lot more than they would make in some sweat shop factory here in udon my landlord pay his night watch man 3500 a month and he get no time off that comes to little bit more than 100 baht a day think about it before you jump and ask what the thai are paying but do not tell them you want to hire one LOL

Thanks for your advice on how I should best spend my money. I appreciate it.