Authorities risk punishment if they violate national strategy, says Wissanu

snoop1130

Authorities risk punishment if they violate national strategy, says Wissanu

By The Nation

f973d31a5d23b16c547a848d9ad36550.jpeg

Concerned authorities risk being punished if they do not follow the so-called national strategy, said Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam on Friday.

The bill draft was approved on Thursday by the National Legislative Assembly (NLA) and would be forwarded to the Cabinet for final consideration.

Once enacted, the law would set up the high-level committee on national strategy, which would then appoint strategy making committees to finish drafting the national strategy plan within 120 days, Wissanu said.

When finished, the strategy would be submitted to the PM-chaired committee for consideration. Afterwards, it would be forwarded to the Cabinet and the NLA, he said.

“The [PM-chaired] committee would also monitor the work for the next five years. National strategy is a big deal,” he said. “If violating or corrupting the said strategy, officials involved would risk [being looked at] by the National Anti-Corruption Commission or the Constitutional Court,

“They could even be jailed or stripped of their offices,” he said.

Meanwhile, Wissanu said that the national reform bill draft, also passed yesterday by the NLA, would set up 11 reform committees, each taking care of a specific aspects of reform. They would act in place of the National Reform Steering Assembly, who is due to be defunct once the reform bill is enacted.

The 11 committees, unlike that of the national strategy, would only be empowered to consider and propose reform issues to the Cabinet for consideration. 

The reform would not be made into a solid plan but instead raised in points to make them flexible, he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30318911

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-6-23

"authorities risk being punished if they do not follow the so-called national strategy"

The [PM-chaired] committee would also monitor the work for the next five years. National strategy is a big deal,” he said. “If violating or corrupting the said strategy, officials involved would risk [being looked at] by the National Anti-Corruption Commission or the Constitutional Court,

“They could even be jailed or stripped of their offices,”

Next election will be waste of time with these rules. Got a very bad feeling in my stomach that this will end in tears again?

7 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

"authorities risk being punished if they do not follow the so-called national strategy"

The [PM-chaired] committee would also monitor the work for the next five years. National strategy is a big deal,” he said. “If violating or corrupting the said strategy, officials involved would risk [being looked at] by the National Anti-Corruption Commission or the Constitutional Court,

Next election will be waste of time with these rules. Got a very bad feeling in my stomach that this will end in tears again?

Blood and tears.

Double portions.

All round.

Edited by Enoon

11 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

there will not be any election, at least not by any definition recognized by most countries.  They are entrenching themselves at all levels of government.

PM Prayut and his troops certainly look like they are setting themselves up for the long haul. The country now has a number of 20 year plans, Thailand 4.0 and now a National Strategy is being created by establishing a committee that will establish more committees to formalise this so called  National Strategy. All this being done under the threat of punishment including jail. 

This forward planning is is not about preparing the country for a democratic election. What Prayut is doing should be the job of the incoming democratically elected government. This is all about taking control of the country for the long term with PM Prayut being in total power and personally micro-managing everything from twerking singers to bicycle lanes.

You can bet all of this is not going unnoticed in the United States and the Human Rights people are sure to give Trump a briefing. Prayut may be in for a bit of a shock when he gets there. He might even be on the receiving end of a bit of finger wagging along the same style as the threatening Deputy PM Wissanu.

Edited by Cadbury

Interesting that he's in "threat" mode, but not able to quote any existing criminal code/legal foundation.

Why even have an "elected" government; I mean what's the point?

Just round up the required number of green puppets and play at "democracy".

The Thai military junta, who overthrew Thailand's last elected government in 2014 has just passed a law that gives authority over the country for the next 20 years. That isn't 20 years from now either, it is 20 years after the next election. Elections will supposedly be held next year, but several previous deadlines have come and gone and there is every reason to believe the current one will as well. The bill passed 281-0 in a "completely legitimate" Thai legislative vote this week.

8 minutes ago, cmsally said:

If I deduce correctly, so far we don't actually know (haven't been told) what the National Strategy is ??

Correct.

The "law" passed this week by the NLA on a vote of 218:0 simply defined the politburo, mechanisms (eleven committees; thirteen members each) and time-frames for drafting the "Twenty-Year" plan.

The 29-section law stipulates the national strategy commission be set up and chaired by the prime minister.

The three vice-chairmen will be: The Senate and House speakers and a deputy prime minister or minister assigned by the premier.

The drafting committee must finish the preliminary draft within 120 days. The national strategy commission will then review and submit it to the cabinet within 30 days.

Wissanu is simply saying that any remaining populist politicians (red-shirts) who do not toe the line will be prosecuted, jailed and have their assets confiscated.

An earlier outline:

Referred to as the "6-6-4 plan,” the 20-year national strategic plan consists of six areas, six primary strategies, and four supporting strategies. The six areas include (1) security, (2) competitiveness enhancement, (3) human resource development, (4) social equality, (5) green growth, and (6) rebalancing and public sector development.

The six primary strategies seek to enhance and develop the potential of human capital; ensure justice and reduce social disparities; strengthen the economy and enhance competitiveness on a sustainable basis; promote green growth for sustainable development; bring about national stability for national development toward prosperity and sustainability; and enhance the efficiency of public sector management and promote good governance.

As for the four supporting strategies for efficient national development, they involve infrastructure development and the logistics system; science and technology, research, and innovation; urban, regional, and economic zone development; and international cooperation for development.

http://thailand.prd.go.th/ewt_news.php?nid=3578

They love their "plans" and "committees" here. I guess it makes it look like they are doing something while drawing a tremendous salary. And they say "politicians" are "bad".

1 hour ago, cmsally said:

If I deduce correctly, so far we don't actually know (haven't been told) what the National Strategy is ??

Unplug your ears man...They are tell every day what they want.....

Thailand 4.0 new model will change the country’s traditional farming to smart farming. Traditional SMEs to smart enterprises, and traditional services to high-value services, under the concept of “less for more” rather than “more for less.”

I other words they want Thailand to be like Singapore....A high-tech

micro-managed soulless place that is expensive with a high cost

of living...

48 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Thailand 4.0 new model will change the country’s traditional farming to smart farming. Traditional SMEs to smart enterprises, and traditional services to high-value services, under the concept of “less for more” rather than “more for less.”

of living...

Thailand 4.0

Even after trying to grapple with "Thailand 4.0"  which for some reason I have mentally paired with Internet Explorer 5.0. (My accidental mental pairings normally happen for some deep down reason!); I still can't fathom how it makes sense.

Unfortunately one of the tenets is creative thinking but because of the complete lack of it, the whole edifice will come crumbling down. But maybe the edifice doesn't exist in the first place.

PS  It would be handy to see what the definition of "middle income " is. Throw some numbers out there!

I would just like to add something fairly obvious, which is that "creative thinking" depends a lot on criticism. Not a lot of that allowed these days!

“less for more”   has sparked my interest. Is that like half a cup of coffee for twice the price, or serving half the amount of coffee for twice the wages. The first would be hyper inflation and the second , not very "smart".

Guess what I can do critical thinking !!! I think I would be every Thai politicians nightmare.

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

High-tech micro-managed soulless Singapore is doing not too shabbily. Top ranked globally in terms of competiveness, low corruption, efficient public service, high per capital income, best education and low gini coefficient. You think 4.0 can reach such levels in 20 years? :sleep:

6 hours ago, Cadbury said:

You can bet all of this is not going unnoticed in the United States

It already has. Trump admires authoritarian regimes.

Except Cuba that is 90 miles offshore from Florida, USA.

Prayut has been scheduled tentatively for a visit to the white House in July. Expect smiles and hand-hugs all around.

21 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Interesting that he's in "threat" mode, but not able to quote any existing criminal code/legal foundation.

Why even have an "elected" government; I mean what's the point?

Just round up the required number of green puppets and play at "democracy".

The purpose of the next election and the resulting "elected" government is to allow the peasants to think they are participating in, and have, a democracy.

10 hours ago, fforest1 said:

of living...

And which one would you prefer? Blatant corruption with feudal society rulers etc. or Singapore?

(My strike out).

13 hours ago, Cadbury said:

PM Prayut and his troops certainly look like they are setting themselves up for the long haul. The country now has a number of 20 year plans, Thailand 4.0 and now a National Strategy is being created by establishing a committee that will establish more committees to formalise this so called  National Strategy. All this being done under the threat of punishment including jail. 

This forward planning is is not about preparing the country for a democratic election. What Prayut is doing should be the job of the incoming democratically elected government. This is all about taking control of the country for the long term with PM Prayut being in total power and personally micro-managing everything from twerking singers to bicycle lanes.

You can bet all of this is not going unnoticed in the United States and the Human Rights people are sure to give Trump a briefing. Prayut may be in for a bit of a shock when he gets there. He might even be on the receiving end of a bit of finger wagging along the same style as the threatening Deputy PM Wissanu.

"  micro-managing everything from twerking singers to bicycle lanes "

..............and the weather :giggle:

PM warns people against thunderstorms

http://thainews.prd.go.th/website_en/news/news_detail/WNSOC6005190010155

1 minute ago, Dave67 said:

Even Mao only had a 10 year plan

Seriously , this makes me wonder about my kids future here

I vise move would be to have a back-up plan for your Thai family, this can blow up quickly when the average Thai understand that they lost part of their freedom.

1 minute ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

I vise move would be to have a back-up plan for your Thai family, this can blow up quickly when the average Thai understand that they lost part of their freedom.

Yeah I will , just read an article in The Nation comment from NLA vice president Peerasak , basically if the 20 year plan isnt followed they will fit up a corruption charge against those who dont comply "Investigated by anti corruption commission"

6 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Yeah I will , just read an article in The Nation comment from NLA vice president Peerasak , basically if the 20 year plan isnt followed they will fit up a corruption charge against those who dont comply "Investigated by anti corruption commission"

I been here since 85 and also got kids here, and I never thought it would come to the situation that I had to start to plan to move my family to Malaysia or to Singapore, really sad, Thailand got so much talent and potential.