Is there a lack of diesel sedans here ?Ok

BEVUP

Ok I'm in the market for a new car maybe

Have an 8 yr Pick up but am going to swap to a sedan but can't seem to find any turbo charged diesels ( been looking on siamnewcar)

I did like the CVX'S & think they maybe the only ones but are a SUV & out of my budget

Am opting towards a Toyota Avanza or along those lines or my other pick may have been Cev Sonic (small engine just like most of them) or a Mitsi lancer

So the ? is am i not looking hard enough or has any one heard of diesel turbo sedans

Thanks if any one can shed some light

PS: I think the wife maybe set on the Avanza

17 minutes ago, shady86 said:

You can consider Benz or BMW for diesel sedans. Japanese normally stick with gasoline unless for pickups.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks Shady 

I was getting the Vigo steam cleaned yesterday hoping that when they finished it would of looked like the Honda with the leather seats that they were doing which may of cost 1.5 mil

As above.

Diesel sedans are rare and the Germans have them (for a price).

Personally I would by no way consider to buy one in Thailand.

I would buy a flexfuel car (from Gasoline to E85).

6 cylinder 2 liter engine (if you need the extra power).

If you can accept SUV, the new Crv, xtrail cx5 also comes with diesel. These are much closer to sedans. This pickup based SUVs like Fortuner, MUX are much closer to what you are riding now. Else you have only European cars to choose from.

8 hours ago, kartman said:

Mazda 2 diesel

Yes I do know of them & start at 850,000 & have read some comments ,but have just started shopping around & am in no hurry

Just been surfing net already noticed 30,000 diff between siamnewcar & Toyota 55 (i think ) on the Avanza 

I also seen on the forum that someone purchased one of these in 2013 - 20,000 off / 2.3 % (would this be the current going rate in real terms ) over 2 yrs & all the usual trimmings 

Ther's also a Chev & Honda of the likes & up in price accordingly 

13 hours ago, kartman said:

Mazda 2 diesel

Now that you write it....

My memory gets weak.

Seen in April at my Mazda dealer (to my suprise).

But again: why would I but it? No idea.

And not for the Mazda 3 so far.

170429090949.jpg

170429091104.jpg

the thing is Europe is going away from diesels due to the pollution so you might see the same happening here. I prefer a diesel for driving due to the higher torque but the writing might be on the wall due to pollution now, btw I drive a 1.6 petrol fiesta because they didn't have a diesel at the time although I'm glad I have petrol now.

People only bought diesels originally in Europe to save on fuel as duty was lower. Nobody really prefers a diesel over petrol, although the torque can be better.

Now the duty has gone up and diesels are condemned for pollutants, the market for diesel vehicles has collapsed in the rush to hybrid and electric. I hope manufacturers don't dump them in Thailand at cheap prices.

10 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

People only bought diesels originally in Europe to save on fuel as duty was lower. Nobody really prefers a diesel over petrol, although the torque can be better.

Nobody prefers a diesel? I have always prefered diesel because of reliability and performance. In my younger days I had petrol but they sometimes stopped in heavy rain or in crossing a river. A diesel does not need high voltage for ignition so it will always run smoothly. Here in Thailand I could not buy a diesel sedan, unfortunately.

On 6/26/2017 at 7:59 AM, BEVUP said:

Yes I do know of them & start at 850,000 & have read some comments ,but have just started shopping around & am in no hurry

Just been surfing net already noticed 30,000 diff between siamnewcar & Toyota 55 (i think ) on the Avanza 

I also seen on the forum that someone purchased one of these in 2013 - 20,000 off / 2.3 % (would this be the current going rate in real terms ) over 2 yrs & all the usual trimmings 

Ther's also a Chev & Honda of the likes & up in price accordingly 

The advanza isn't diesel. It's a 1.5 petrol and I'd avoid it. I used to travel in one often and really didn't like it, with it's buzzy 4speed auto. The new toyota innova (crysta) is a diesel and has the fortuner's 2.8 engine (but a little detuned). 

There is the mazda 2 (top spec is 780K not 850K)

There is the new crv with a 1.6 turbo diesel. Seems a bit expensive to me. 

Then you can find an older ford focus diesel (good performance)

Or Chevrolet cruze 2.0 diesel.

Can't think of others apart from Euro cars. 

On 6/25/2017 at 7:59 PM, shady86 said:

You can consider Benz or BMW for diesel sedans. Japanese normally stick with gasoline unless for pickups.

It's already ridiculous to look for a diesel car in 2017, but I will never understand people buying diesel benz or bmw, even if their engine is so good, diesel is shiiiteee anyway.

3 hours ago, aonangkrabi said:

Nobody prefers a diesel? I have always prefered diesel because of reliability and performance. In my younger days I had petrol but they sometimes stopped in heavy rain or in crossing a river. A diesel does not need high voltage for ignition so it will always run smoothly. Here in Thailand I could not buy a diesel sedan, unfortunately.

Same here, my Vigo is A1& would go another 200,000 k

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

The advanza isn't diesel. It's a 1.5 petrol and I'd avoid it. I used to travel in one often and really didn't like it, with it's buzzy 4speed auto. The new toyota innova (crysta) is a diesel and has the fortuner's 2.8 engine (but a little detuned). 

There is the mazda 2 (top spec is 780K not 850K)

There is the new crv with a 1.6 turbo diesel. Seems a bit expensive to me. 

Then you can find an older ford focus diesel (good performance)

Or Chevrolet cruze 2.0 diesel.

Can't think of others apart from Euro cars. 

Yes i avoided the Advanza as i thought i would spend a little extra on the Sienta

The innova is also a step up in price& size 

Mazda 2 is a SUV

CRV SUV

There was something about the Cuze maybe the seats folding up against the rear windows like another make ( would hate to here the rattle)

2 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Yes i avoided the Advanza as i thought i would spend a little extra on the Sienta

The innova is also a step up in price& size 

Mazda 2 is a SUV

CRV SUV

There was something about the Cuze maybe the seats folding up against the rear windows like another make ( would hate to here the rattle)

Mazda 2 is a sedan or hatchback. The cx-5 is the mazda suv (which comes as  diesel or petrol). The cx-3 is a crossover. 

The sienta is also petrol. I thought you wanted a diesel?

I have a 2012 Pajero Sport, 2.5 L diesel. While it is not a sedan, it handles well and is very comfortable. I would think that you will only find diesels in SUV and trucks here unless you go to a high end sedan like a Mercedes.