Current govt won't stay on for 10 years, says PM

webfact

Current govt won't stay on for 10 years, says PM

PNPOL600625001000301.jpg

BANGKOK, 27 June 2017 (NNT) - The prime minister has dismissed comment that the current administration will be in power for 10 years. 

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha says the current government has no intention of retaining power, nor does it want to entrench military rule in Thai politics. He gave a strong assurance that the next election will definitely take place next year, in compliance with the country’s 3-phase roadmap. 

Gen Prayut’s comment was made in response to an outspoken political analyst at Thammasat University who claimed that the Gen Prayut-led government will be in power for at least a decade. 

The prime minister has also instructed ministers and deputy ministers to visit provinces in all regions to hear people’s complaints and lend a helping hand accordingly. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-06-27

So please explain for us why you voted in the following last week? The National Legislative Assembly voted 281-0 in favour of a legislation, which calls for establishment of a national strategy committee to oversee the long-term plans of governments over the next two decades.

The prime minister has dismissed comment that the current administration will be in power for 10 years. 

He is right, through the National Strategy Committee (and according to the constitution, article 65) they will stay in power for at least 20 years.

Remember back along who the first visitors to call upon the Junta Government after they reluctantly took power to prevent an unpopular government being elected?

best mates.jpg

"Is that a copy of the Burmese Military Playbook in your trouser pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?"

Edited by JAG

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He gave a strong assurance that the next election will definitely take place next year, in compliance with the country’s 3-phase roadmap. 

Hah! Prawith says the exact same thing:

Gen Prawit affirms NCPO to adhere to election roadmap

What a coincidence. Unbelievably astronomical. Going to buy a lottery ticket.

2 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

So please explain for us why you voted in the following last week? The National Legislative Assembly voted 281-0 in favour of a legislation, which calls for establishment of a national strategy committee to oversee the long-term plans of governments over the next two decades.

It's called a shadow government. Most countries have them. Politicians are little more than puppets dancing to the tune of oligarchies.

did the write of this article leave out the part of the security team that went to collect the political analyst for re-education? or it hasn't happened yet?
if not i will be surprised... maybe charges of inciting dissention?
maybe the current status now allows propaganda such as this teacher is spreading? anyone know?

Almost every week some times almost every day some times a few times a day there is a new announcement about when the election will be and how long they plan

to stay in power.......

Alls I have to say is Booooooring.....

6 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

"They tried giving the impression, or even believed that they had grasped the power unwillingly and for a limited time, and just around the corner lay a paradise where people are free and equal." We know, however, that no one ever takes power with the Intention to ever give it up."

George Orwell, 1984.

9 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Nine years and 11 months it is then.  Glad that is settled.  By then, Thailand 3.0 might be a reality. 

Sheesh - you're a dreamer!  :smile: :cheesy:   The "Emperor's clothes" are changing, that is all.

(My strike thru)

Judging by his somewhat haggard appearance in this latest photo, I can almost believe that he may indeed not be around to run the next administration in ten years' time, which also means that, sadly,  he may not be around long enough to spend all his money.

Even at 76 years of age, I can definitely state that I WILL be around long enough to spend all mine.