SRT confirms Bt100,000 one-month overtime request real 

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

At the same time, the official in question said he may sue the person(s) responsible for leaking the document for violating the Computer Crime Act, if the action damaged his and his family members’ reputations. 

Try justifying it, but do give the threats to sue a rest.

Must have slept in the station on his off duty time since OT was for 401 hours , or about 13 hours a day on average.His pay stub showed he worked 15 hours and 30 minutes of overtime for 21 consecutive days according to a post of his pay stub.

11 hours ago, Smarter Than You said:

Not surprising this has caused a fuss.

A state employee getting ten times minimum wage (B300 pd = B9000 pm) in overtime pay alone.

So what? If he worked the hours and it was approved overtime, where's the problem?

9 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Well well, the official hours of OT turn out to be 401 hours. Seem you are missing your maths classes.

Well you've been caught for not 'telling the truth' on TV many times. 

Strange, i mean a salary of 61.210.. and overtime of 100.000 .. It could be true if he makes 40 hours a week and made 60 hours a week and overtime is paid double. If there is no double pay for overtime it will be hard.. unless he has a lower amount then 40 hours as a start. 

Not necessarily strange. Obviously you've never been required to work 80 hours per week. Some industries require this during peak season (eg. large food agriculture harvest and food factory production).

61,000/160 hours = 381.25 baht/hour.  if OT is 1.5 x the base rate, then 571.85 is his Overtime rate.  So they say he filed for 100,000 extra baht due to over time.  well 100,000/571.85 = 174.87 hours for the month!  or just over 43 extra hours per week!  That's a lot. I as a contract software engineer tester have put in consecutive 80 hour weeks back to back, and certainly have done 20 hours overtime for a month or two.   Now his overtime may be different than just time and a half which would reduce these hours.  Some places pay double time for sundays, or holidays.  Some pay 1.5 for hours worked in excess of 8 in a day, but then pay 2 x for hours worked over 12. 

But this BS about filing a lawsuit because he may suffer consequences is BS with a capital B.  One can't be responsible for how other people interpret facts.  If somebody thought he was being a greedy bastard, well, tough.  And if his superior or time card manager that approved the hours gets scolded then reprimands him, well tough.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Well you've been caught for not 'telling the truth' on TV many times. 

Love it when you guys are on the defensive and trying to make good for obvious wrong. Keep it up and provide us with more hilarious moment. 

1 hour ago, jerojero said:

Not necessarily strange. Obviously you've never been required to work 80 hours per week. Some industries require this during peak season (eg. large food agriculture harvest and food factory production).

I think your mistaken, I quite often do 80 or more hours a week, its the nature of my job. I got a peak season every 3 months. I can do that for a month and then i really need to slow down. My comment on strange was more that its not that usual for really senior people in government (here at least) to put in so many extra hours. I also did not know that the time that Thailand had mandatory percentages for overtime. 

11 hours ago, smutcakes said:

According to the BKP, he did 401 hours OT, so the poster was 1 hour out. Poor poor week for Halolween.

I wonder if they meant real 401 hours.. or that like an other poster said overtime is paid/ counted double. Not to attack Eric or anything just curious here. I mean it would put the real number of hours in a better perspective. As I do believe high ours like this happen but rarely and usually not for high state officials. 

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

I wonder if they meant real 401 hours.. or that like an other poster said overtime is paid/ counted double. Not to attack Eric or anything just curious here. I mean it would put the real number of hours in a better perspective. As I do believe high ours like this happen but rarely and usually not for high state officials. 

I believe there is also a legal limit per week and month for allowable OT hours to work for State employees, and this is obviously miles over it. (I think the OT limit may be 36 hours a week)