Yikes ! Cheap cushions were stuffed with sanitary towels and Pampers

webfact

Yikes ! Cheap cushions were stuffed with sanitary towels and Pampers

mSQWlZdCq5b6ZLkmwr42OquQHczL9GoY.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

SRI RACHA: -- Two Sri Racha siblings got a nasty shock when some cheap cushions they had been using for two years started to fray.

As one of the cushions began to come apart Chalinee Changlao and her brother Neramit took a closer look at the stuffing.

Inside all four of the cushions - bought at a Sri Racha market for just 50 baht each - were sanitary towels and babies' disposable nappies.

They had been lying on the cushions for ages and the thought gave them the creeps.

They could not even be sure that the items were not used before they were turned into stuffing material.

Each cushion had very little acceptable stuffing.

Chalinee posted her experience on Facebook with a warning to people to avoid cheap stuff like this because you never know what you might get.

For Thais in particular, the idea that one's head may have come into close proximity with items such as sanitary towels or nappies is extremely distasteful.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-28

'For Thais in particular, the idea that one's head may have come into close proximity with items such as sanitary towels or nappies is extremely distasteful'

Yes, Thais are special and other cultures don't mind having their heads next to nappies and jam rags. Other cultures's heads are not as special. 

As usual we have a topic again that has nothing to to with how bad thai people are according to the posters in this forum. However, nobady feel the disgust of this. I wonder how many of the wonderful and thai negatvie poster here, would like to sleep on pillows like that.
Even if the pillows were cheap, it´s a disgraceful way of making a living by selling products like that.

Years ago a girlfriend bought me a stuffed camel as a souvenir of Tunisia where she had been holidaying. One day, a seam burst and we discovered the toy had been stuffed with bloodstained bandages, presumably pilfered from hospital waste.

Yuk!

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

Years ago a girlfriend bought me a stuffed camel as a souvenir of Tunisia where she had been holidaying. One day, a seam burst and we discovered the toy had been stuffed with bloodstained bandages, presumably pilfered from hospital waste.

Yuk!

Years ago whilst passing through the sewage ( sorry suez) canal I was about to buy some stuffed camels etc as momentous but a wise second steward warned me off. He then took one from the vendor , broke the seal and the same thing happened, used bandages spewed out. Despite the vendors protestations to his dreadful fiscal loss, he was unceremoniously booted off the ship.

On 6/28/2017 at 9:51 AM, Get Real said:

As usual we have a topic again that has nothing to to with how bad thai people are according to the posters in this forum. However, nobady feel the disgust of this. I wonder how many of the wonderful and thai negatvie poster here, would like to sleep on pillows like that.
Even if the pillows were cheap, it´s a disgraceful way of making a living by selling products like that.

But, according to the article, it is really only Thais who would be particularly affected by this, the implication being that other cultures might find it acceptable.  Therefore we, of "other cultures" cannot be expected to demonstrate any disgust at the composition of these cushions.  

In fact, I am off to the local market right now to see if I can get my hands (and eventually my head) on this wonderful cheap product with its endearing family connotations.  :sleep:

• 2 weeks later...