Has anybody bought a new Everest ?

LGMV

16 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

The centre storage is chilled in the Everest. The suspension is significantly more controlled. The interior was designed by a team, rather than 3 people who have never met. The Fortuna is hideous and can't match the Everest in any area (as is consistently reinforced on every head to head test I have ever watched).

You've either never driven one or are embarrassed that you spent a significant lump of money on a poorly designed vehicle that rides worse than Ranger (yes, it does).

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

Shame Ford could not design reliability into their rides and just concentrated on gizmo's instead, which probably will go wrong as time passes...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

The centre storage is chilled in the Everest. The suspension is significantly more controlled. The interior was designed by a team, rather than 3 people who have never met. The Fortuna is hideous and can't match the Everest in any area (as is consistently reinforced on every head to head test I have ever watched).

You've either never driven one or are embarrassed that you spent a significant lump of money on a poorly designed vehicle that rides worse than Ranger (yes, it does).

Don't want to get into a slanging match. But just look at some of the Aus: comparison sites. You will find that Fortuner comes out best. Must say only just, but it does all the same.

I rest my case.

Regards cant match so your saying that the head lights on an Everest are better than the LED ones on a Fortuner???

& yes I did have a long test drive in an Everest that's why I chose the Toyota.

The bloody glass roof was a real put down. Who would want a roof like that here. Aus: maybe but Thailand I don't think so. Without it they might be able to reduce their price to the same as a Toyota.

Don't want to get into a slanging match. But just look at some of the Aus: comparison sites. You will find that Fortuner comes out best. Must say only just, but it does all the same.
I rest my case.

Regards cant match so your saying that the head lights on an Everest are better than the LED ones on a Fortuner???

& yes I did have a long test drive in an Everest that's why I chose the Toyota.
The bloody glass roof was a real put down. Who would want a roof like that here. Aus: maybe but Thailand I don't think so. Without it they might be able to reduce their price to the same as a Toyota.

All the Aussie sites put the Everest top and even pitch it against the Prado as its a fairer comparison.

I believe the Everest is more expensive in Aus so is better value in Thailand.

28 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

All the Aussie sites put the Everest top and even pitch it against the Prado as its a fairer comparison.

I believe the Everest is more expensive in Aus so is better value in Thailand.

Look to show I bare no animosity here's a No: that you might need. 0044 2075588032. Avis rent a car BKK. Make a note of it could come in handy.

7 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I love your jests. Good car design!. You cant be referring to the dated front end on an Everest. Or their lack of 2 glove boxes 1 that chills things. & Toyota are behind the times???  

Keep up the good work I do need a funny joke now and then.

Must admit though that the lack of an ashtray on most modern lumps is a real bummer. Where I would like to ask does one put the tooth picks. 

Ah, you must be a transformer fan also, the Fortuner looks like a childish transformer geek designed the front end along with the new Pajero. For all its faults the Everest looks far more classy at the front and rear end and everything inbetween, just too pricy, too cramped and a bit shy on the latest gizmos.

I wonder about safety.  Not sure which is the heaviest car, but apparently the Everest is quite heavy. While that not helps with fuel, Does that mean it is a bit safer if you get hit, than if you was driving a lesser heavier car?

You cant win this bickering argument.For those who arnt financially bothered they can try a Ford, its not etched in stone for them, just a nice change, not being a Truck Fan, i like them both,but the Ford gets the reviews out of Thailand, the big engine one ive driven here is refreshing.There is one poster here who has a new one, likes it, but never joins in the fray , if it dont work, its gone.Hes got an RS Civic too. Me, well, recon its time for the new Camry perhaps.:partytime2:

25 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

You cant win this bickering argument.For those who arnt financially bothered they can try a Ford, its not etched in stone for them, just a nice change, not being a Truck Fan, i like them both,but the Ford gets the reviews out of Thailand, the big engine one ive driven here is refreshing.There is one poster here who has a new one, likes it, but never joins in the fray , if it dont work, its gone.Hes got an RS Civic too. Me, well, recon its time for the new Camry perhaps.:partytime2:

Well said if you don't like Ford don't buy one If you don't like Toyota don't buy one etc etc

I have been buying Toyotas for over 25 years in Aus and here last year I bought the Everest but also a smaller Toyota for my wife

I will buy what I want and think is the best for me it's my money so end of story