Australian Hero: Details emerge about woman that saved drowning Thai in Phuket

webfact

Australian Hero: Details emerge about woman that saved drowning Thai in Phuket

(PHOTOS)

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cc.jpg

Photos: Thanawat Vinitpairoj/Facebook

Yesterday, we reported on an Australian woman who came to the rescue of a Thai woman who was close to drowning at Karon Beach Tuesday.

The man who shared the story on Facebook, Thanawat Vinitpairoj, a photographer who was taking pictures on the beach, posted photos Tuesday with a message which read, “Late in the afternoon while I was taking photos of two Australian women and their child on Karon Beach, one of the women ran down to the sea, took off her trousers and jumped into the water, swimming out towards a woman who was close to drowning. This woman saved a Thai lady from drowning. She is a hero.”

Today, more information emerged as Thanawat posted further pictures and details about the extraordinary happening. The hero in question is Australian vacationer Jennifer Cadzow.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/australian-hero-details-emerge-woman-saved-drowning-thai-phuket-photos/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-06-29

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Good job.

She'll probably be hit with a charge for working as a life guard without a work permit next.

Guess she also will be charged for saving , as the woman was probably comitting suicide

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Always people who got to moan even if something good happens. 

You dont know that. Why would you go swimming in sea if you cant swim?!  You know how many suicides there are in Thailand?

Yesterday i heard 30000 Japanese only in Tokio kill them selves every year. And the number in Thailand is also very big. But Japan was about nr 1 of the world. 

56 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Rescued another human beeing - OK

Australian - OK

Mentioning name - also OK

What in the world do we need to know that she has a female partner for? I guess it must be a really slow day for the news people.

Thats what happens when the person making a photoshoot of the couple decides to go public.

1 hour ago, xtrnuno41 said:

You dont know that. Why would you go swimming in sea if you cant swim?!  You know how many suicides there are in Thailand?

Yesterday i heard 30000 Japanese only in Tokio kill them selves every year. And the number in Thailand is also very big. But Japan was about nr 1 of the world. 

I think Australia has on of the Highest suicide rates in the world.

4 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Good job.

She'll probably be hit with a charge for working as a life guard without a work permit next.

I'm not sure whats worse... that you can find some negative spin on a positive story or that there are 5 other people (to date) who enjoyed rescind your bitterness and selected 'like this'...  

Its sad for ThaiVisa.com and the aggregated reputation of its posters that even from such a positive story someone can still strain hard enough to crap out some negative comments... 

There is only positive in this story, a good story, with a good outcome and positive impression left on some locals by a visitor. 

47 minutes ago, gamini said:

I think Australia has on of the Highest suicide rates in the world.

There is a story about an Australian woman saving a Thai woman from drowning and somehow you manage to twist it into a story on Australia having one of the highest suicide rates in the world.  Unrelated as it is to the original story Australia ranks about 87th in the world in suicide rates.

Perhaps you should keep you should seek some  psychiatric  counseling.

3 hours ago, Saan said:

There is a story about an Australian woman saving a Thai woman from drowning and somehow you manage to twist it into a story on Australia having one of the highest suicide rates in the world.  Unrelated as it is to the original story Australia ranks about 87th in the world in suicide rates.

Perhaps you should keep you should seek some  psychiatric  counseling.

So much anger. Settle petal. 

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not sure whats worse... that you can find some negative spin on a positive story or that there are 5 other people (to date) who enjoyed rescind your bitterness and selected 'like this'...  

Its sad for ThaiVisa.com and the aggregated reputation of its posters that even from such a positive story someone can still strain hard enough to crap out some negative comments... 

There is only positive in this story, a good story, with a good outcome and positive impression left on some locals by a visitor. 

Here here,  but don't look a gift hourse in the mouth.  There's more good news here,  but you're  "too much of a homophobe"  to have seen.  Lesbians can have a positive utility so it would seem,  aside tong punching(?).

More details were revealed on the khaophuket.com website on Tuesday 27/06/17.
The Thai photographer who posted the story on Facebook had been hired by the Australian couple to take some photos of them and their child on the beach on Monday the 26/06/17.
Suddenly the Tom of the pair, without saying a word, took of her trousers, ran down to the beach and dived into the water. The sea was very rough that day with big waves. At first the photographer didn't have a clue what was going on and said he thought the woman was 'crazy'.
She swam out to an Asian couple who were drowning. The girl seemed in real difficulty although the male of the pair was making a better go of staying afloat.
She managed to grab the drowning girl and get her back to safety on dry land.
It turned out they were in fact Chinese tourists, not Thai.  Their hire paddle boat had just been hit by a large wave and overturned.
Once back on dry land and sufficiently recovered, they both gave their rescuer a big hug in thanks for saving their lives.

This is a good news story that some commenters just have to try drag it into some where else.

Good on this Australin tourist for being able to rescue the Thai lady. As for gamini, I have seen

many people who are not good swimmers go into the ocean in Thailand, not to commit suicide

but to enjoy the salt water. This time of year the under tow currents are strong in some areas, does

an expert like yourself know where all of these areas are?  I sure don't and am very careful at this

time of year.

Geezer

10 hours ago, Zack61 said:

So much anger. Settle petal. 

He was very right.

All those trying to turn a positive story like this into a negative need to take a hard look at themselves.

I spent my early life on the Portuguese Atlantic Coast and it takes guts to help someone, when they panic, are strong , lock on to you and can't get away either.Hats off to the Brave Woman.?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

why is the word hero used? The word hero gets degraded every day in the newspapers, help an old lady over the road you are a hero, every ww2 veteran is a hero whether they saw action or not,whether they did anything heroic or not, seems not a day goes by without someone who is merely doing their civic duty but not putting their life on the line is called a hero. I certainly would help anyone that i saw was in danger ( but i wouldn't put my life on the line except for a child ) but no way would i accept the title of hero.

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

why is the word hero used? The word hero gets degraded every day in the newspapers, help an old lady over the road you are a hero, every ww2 veteran is a hero whether they saw action or not,whether they did anything heroic or not, seems not a day goes by without someone who is merely doing their civic duty but not putting their life on the line is called a hero. I certainly would help anyone that i saw was in danger ( but i wouldn't put my life on the line except for a child ) but no way would i accept the title of hero.

In this case the womanis a hero.Put her own life on the line to save an other.