Court rejects Yingluck’s request for court to examine rice warehouses

webfact

6 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

So nothing to do with this then:

PDRC leader Suthep warns banks against rice loans to government ...

One side trying to pay farmers, other side trying to prevent farmers being saved.

Guess we know who's really to blame for the suicides eh?

Yes, he warned them that the caretaker government had no right to borrow, and the next government had no reason to accept the debt. But hey, since when do pesky laws stop the Shinawatras. Of course, they could have borrowed before they resigned, some of the debts were 6 months and more old, but then their sycophants wouldn't be able to blame on those left to clean up their mess.

Edited by halloween

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, halloween said:

Yes, he warned them that the caretaker government had no right to borrow, and the next government had no reason to accept the debt. But hey, why since when do pesky laws stop the Shinawatras. Of course, they could have borrowed before they resigned, some of the debts were 6 months and more old, but then their sycophants wouldn't be able to blame on those left to clean up their mess.

No, he threatened to send his mob out to shut down any bank that dared to lend money to the government to pay the farmers.

Suthep wasn't trying to protect banks, Suthep was trying to increase suffering to justify a coup.

Suthep did not want the farmers paid.

The government did want the farmers paid and were trying to get the funds.

Farmers committing suicide helped his cause so Suthep did all he could to prevent the government obtaining funds to pay them.

Pure evil.

"He then warned the state bank that it would face shutdown if it lends to the government through whatever channel be it is a loan auction."
"Commercial banks are also warned of any channel to extend rice loan to the caretaker government, possibly this week, with threat that they be shut down by protesters."
"Another key PDRC leader also urged all protesters who have money in any bank to withdraw their money if their banks provide loans to the government."

How ironic that in your silly efforts to persecute Yingluck you've embraced one of the most vile, corrupted and criminal people to have ever drawn breathe - Suthep Thaugsuban.

Hahaha.

Edited by Smarter Than You

22 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

No, he threatened to send his mob out to shut down any bank that dared to lend money to the government to pay the farmers.

Suthep wasn't trying to protect banks, Suthep was trying to increase suffering to justify a coup.

Suthep did not want the farmers paid.

The government did want the farmers paid and were trying to get the funds.

Farmers committing suicide helped his cause so Suthep did all he could to prevent the government obtaining funds to pay them.

Pure evil.

"He then warned the state bank that it would face shutdown if it lends to the government through whatever channel be it is a loan auction."
"Commercial banks are also warned of any channel to extend rice loan to the caretaker government, possibly this week, with threat that they be shut down by protesters."
"Another key PDRC leader also urged all protesters who have money in any bank to withdraw their money if their banks provide loans to the government."

How ironic that in your silly efforts to persecute Yingluck you've embraced one of the most vile, corrupted and criminal people to have ever drawn breathe - Suthep Thaugsuban.

Hahaha.

Suthep also did not want rice to be sold

http://jun-memorandum.blogspot.fr/2014/03/pdrc-protesters-stall-rice-auction.html

1 hour ago, halloween said:

Yes, he warned them that the caretaker government had no right to borrow, and the next government had no reason to accept the debt. But hey, since when do pesky laws stop the Shinawatras. Of course, they could have borrowed before they resigned, some of the debts were 6 months and more old, but then their sycophants wouldn't be able to blame on those left to clean up their mess.

Hall, have you been tucking into your Thesaurus a bit. Everyday I get to learn a new word from you But that is about it.

You are still tending to divagate.

Rob, don't feed the trolls mate. There have always been a plethora of posters, who come and go, who try to use smoke and mirrors to deflect from the crimes of the Shins.

Attack to Junta, Dems - but, but, but, they do it, they are worse etc etc

Try and turn it into a right wing / left wing argument,

Pretend the Shins are interested in real democracy and a fairer society for all rather than just rabid thieving

Denouncing any who dare post against the Shins as being Junta lovers, fascist, anti democracy etc,

And the old favorite claiming Thaksin is totally innocent of everything ever, never ever done anything wrong. All politically motivated :-) 555!

There have always been a plethora of posters, who come and go, who try to use smoke and mirrors to deflect from the reality of Junta rule.

Attack to Thaksin, PTP - but, but, but, they do it, they are worse etc etc

Try and turn it into a right wing / left wing argument,

Pretend the Junta are interested in real democracy and a fairer society for all rather than just protecting a very rich elite, and in the process doing rather well themselved

Denouncing any who dare post against the Junta as being Shin lovers, Commies, anti democracy etc,

Refusing to acknowledge or even attempting to justify the most blatant abuses of freedoms, human and political, secret military trials with no appeal, ludicrously savage sentences and arbitrary detention with no judicial oversight or remedy.

And the old favorite claiming the coup was for totally altruistic reasons, that the military is totally innocent of any collusion in destroying an entirely constitutionsl election, and holding fast to the line that the Junta has never, never ever done anything wrong. All politically motivated :-) 555!

11 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Why do I have to educate you on what is out there even on the net. Produce like this is stored for years. Its value will reduce over time if properly stored. Come on its a bit juvenile to be asking such stupid questions.

if properly stored.

The problem was it wasn´t properly stored. 

9 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Read my post to Robbolk above. 

I remember a valuer colleague  having to value a high priced greyhound that had died. Now he had to look at potential earnings, costs for care, housing, travelling, and its ability to sire. Interesting Valuation subject. He did it. 

This thing can be valued. But the General won't let it. As someone said above this is political.

Where  did you get 500 billion baht from? The General tell you? (that's sarcasm, sorry I couldn't help myself.) :wink:

Lots of Politicians around the World use the same excuse,when they get caught in corrupt practices , its political,!

regards worgeordie

8 hours ago, Cadbury said:

It was not Yingluck's fault that scheme was loser for many and a winner for a few. The fault lies outside Thailand.

In a cunning Baldrick like plan two sneaky countries India and Vietnam flooded the market with rice while Thailand was busily stacking it away in sheds to try to create demand and lift the price. Thailand was asleep at the wheel.

I think over recent years during the time of the junta rule a lot of that rice has mysteriously disappeared along with the revenue for it. I am guessing connected people are not happy about others going around poking about in the sheds and asking questions. 

I agree with you that it was not Yinglucks fault directly as she was merely carrying out Thanksin's master plan of cornering the rice market.

However India and Vietnam were not sneaky at all. They merely sold rice at the international market rate so other countries bought the rice at a far lower price than Thailand was asking. It is the law of supply and demand. India and Vietnam had rice for sale and Thailand could not compete at the market rate as they bought the rice at 40 to 50% over the market rates and couldn't sell it except at a huge loss.

It cost Thaksin nothing but it cost Thailand billions.

As a bonus Thaksin as usual comes out OK, but Yingluck like her brother in law Somchai, was left to be pushed under a bus.

5 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

And you will be aware, will you not, that the yellow banks would not lend to the YL government to pay said farmers BUT the nano-second the Junta got in  "suddenly" the coffers were full of coin and open  

And you will also be aware that under the Thai law caretaker governments are not allowed to borrow money in case they do not get elected and leave the incoming government with extra debt.

When the junta came in there were the new government and could then borrow money to pay the farmers.

OTOH if the rice scheme was supposedly self financing, where did the money go that should have paid the farmers?

6 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

This may sound callous but this suicide thing has been thrown around too much without any proper accounting. Unfortunately, in every sphere of society - farming, accounting, engineering, rubbish-collecting - people feel driven to the brink and kill themselves. The proximate cause may be cited as various things - relationship break-ups, money problems, having had a quarrel with a close person, feelings of being let down and oppressed by the government. I've undergone all those things but I haven't killed myself which leads me to think that the ultimate causes of suicide are a bit more complex than those that Suthep and his minions cited. To really attribute the suicide of rice farmers to the rice scheme and the failed payments, we would need a longitudinal analysis of farmer suicides and see whether they really did spike in 2014. I've seen lots of anecdotes but no real evidence that there was a spike

10 hours ago, seajae said:

"At the trial, two relatives of farmers who committed suicide in Roi Et and Nonthaburi provinces testified on her behalf, saying the farmers killed themselves for personal reasons."

Well we now know why it costs her 2 million baht a month to live, have to wonder how closely related they were and what they got out of it.

It would be good if you could provide even the slightest piece of evidence to justify the disgusting slur you have made on the characters of these relatives

Just a Witch hunt, convicted regardless of innocence or guilty.The Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions are likely only following orders. Maybe the Junta and Bangkok elite are still afraid of Yingluck Shinwatra and her family, must be if they  refuse to look at evidence that makes her case stronger. 

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Lots of Politicians around the World use the same excuse,when they get caught in corrupt practices , its political,!

regards worgeordie

You still haven't shown how you got to 500 billion baht?

Generalising won't help an argument here.

Kindest Regards Chris

7 hours ago, Pigdog747 said:

Just a Witch hunt, convicted regardless of innocence or guilty.The Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions are likely only following orders. 

The politically correct word is 'political expediency'. At least that was the admission of the judges. 

16 hours ago, halloween said:

Why didn't Suthep come out and say "I value the lives of my fellow Thais too much to play politics at their expense, I do not want to see any more suicides due to lack of payments. I urge banks to work with the government to help resolve this issue. Whatever influence I have over the next government I will use it to ensure the loans are honoured. Whichever banks are able to provide loans, I will encourage PDRC rank and file to move their accounts to those banks as a show of support".

Instead he did the exact opposite.

Why do you think Suthep chose to threaten banks with his mob?

Because he cared so much about the farmers plight?

Those pesky morals huh?

1 hour ago, Chris Lawrence said:

You still haven't shown how you got to 500 billion baht?

Generalising won't help an argument here.

Kindest Regards Chris

I never quoted 500 billion THB,but whatever way you look at she did a lot of damage

to Thailand,and you seem to be a fanboy of hers,maybe you think she should be given

a medal,instead of been punished. the losses in the scam are not over, they are ongoing

every single day. oops just added another Million THB,sorry just been sarcastic, :sleep:

regards worgeordie

9 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I never quoted 500 billion THB,but whatever way you look at she did a lot of damage

to Thailand,and you seem to be a fanboy of hers,maybe you think she should be given

a medal,instead of been punished. the losses in the scam are not over, they are ongoing

every single day. oops just added another Million THB,sorry just been sarcastic, :sleep:

regards worgeordie

Punished for what ... policy corruption?

"The facts are so obvious that even conservative newspaper The Nation described “policy corruption” as a new, sophisticated form of official graft that works to shield the wrongdoers from prosecution due to its legality. In essence, we must differentiate between what is illegal, and what is, for some, “undesirable.” Cases should be decided by courts of law, not courts of justice. Sure, one could argue that Thailand needed stricter laws regarding lobbying, conflicts of interest, blind management of politicians’ assets, and regulations to ensure a veil of ignorance for office holders. I for one will join you in calling for such measures to be implemented so that we can have a more transparent and accountable democracy. However, I will not join you in selectively punishing people whose actions (however unscrupulous) were legal at the time of occurrence. That would defeat the purpose of having laws altogether. We might as well have a “Council of Elders” of sorts and let them decide every case based on what they feel is just."

6 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Punished for what ... policy corruption?

"The facts are so obvious that even conservative newspaper The Nation described “policy corruption” as a new, sophisticated form of official graft that works to shield the wrongdoers from prosecution due to its legality. In essence, we must differentiate between what is illegal, and what is, for some, “undesirable.” Cases should be decided by courts of law, not courts of justice. Sure, one could argue that Thailand needed stricter laws regarding lobbying, conflicts of interest, blind management of politicians’ assets, and regulations to ensure a veil of ignorance for office holders. I for one will join you in calling for such measures to be implemented so that we can have a more transparent and accountable democracy. However, I will not join you in selectively punishing people whose actions (however unscrupulous) were legal at the time of occurrence. That would defeat the purpose of having laws altogether. We might as well have a “Council of Elders” of sorts and let them decide every case based on what they feel is just."

No, just corruption.the normal every day kind. and no your not !

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

9 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Only problem here mate is that Yingluck has not been charged with corruption ... and yes I am!

You only think you are,thats the difference,!      and I am not your mate,mate.

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

4 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Ahh, my good friend, you forgot to mention anything about Yingluck not being charged with corruption.

It was not my money she managed to fritter away,so I dont give a sh!t,they will have no way to 

take any monies from her anyway,as they have given her plenty of time to move all of her assets

overseas,OK, call it an "honest mistake",thats a remark her brother was fond of saying.but it was

still corruption, a rose by another name and all that.

regards Worgeordie

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

It was not my money she managed to fritter away,so I dont give a sh!t,they will have no way to 

take any monies from her anyway,as they have given her plenty of time to move all of her assets

overseas,OK, call it an "honest mistake",thats a remark her brother was fond of saying.but it was

regards Worgeordie

Oh, so you don't really care about the rule of law or genuinely fighting corruption you just want to see Yingluck punished.

We might as well have a “Council of Elders” of sorts and let them decide every case based on what they feel is just."

How very, very smart.

24 minutes ago, worgeordie said:
28 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

You make an honest mistake. The charge is dereliction of duty, not corruption. 

33 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Oh, so you don't really care about the rule of law or genuinely fighting corruption you just want to see Yingluck punished.

We might as well have a “Council of Elders” of sorts and let them decide every case based on what they feel is just."

How very, very smart.

Care about the rule of law, what could you or I do about it ?,unless you have the ear of those in power ?,

best not to fret about it ,best you and I agree to disagree," Council of elders,"thats another word for Judges,right,

yes let them  decide.and no matter how hard you try ,you will never be,that's just a fact.

regards Worgeordie

31 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Care about the rule of law, what could you or I do about it ?,unless you have the ear of those in power ?,

best not to fret about it ,best you and I agree to disagree," Council of elders,"thats another word for Judges,right,

yes let them  decide.and no matter how hard you try ,you will never be,that's just a fact.

regards Worgeordie

So why comment on Yingluck deserving punishment then?

You want Yingluck punished but can't say what for if it's not corruption.

Typical of you guys.

What I can't understand is what is it that fuels your unexplained and illogical hatred of Shinawatra's and how come none of it is directed to the likes of Suthep?

You don't care about democracy, fighting corruption, an impartial judicial system, the living standards of Thais.

For some bizarre reason you just want to see Yingluck punished.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Why would I accept a draw when I've towelled you up?

If you don't know the difference between Judges and a Council of Elders then that pretty much resolves the who is smarter than who issue.

Regards,

Smarter. Than. You!

36 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

So why comment on Yingluck deserving punishment then?

You want Yingluck punished but can't say what for if it's not corruption.

Typical of you guys.

What I can't understand is what is it that fuels your unexplained and illogical hatred of Shinawatra's and how come none of it is directed to the likes of Suthep?

You don't care about democracy, fighting corruption, an impartial judicial system, the living standards of Thais.

For some bizarre reason you just want to see Yingluck punished.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Why would I accept a draw when I've towelled you up?

If you don't know the difference between Judges and a Council of Elders then that pretty much resolves the who is smarter than who issue.

Regards,

Smarter. Than. You!

If your brain was half the size of your ego,you might be .you and I would not even be in the

top 50 of smart people on ThaiVisa,that's what makes your moniker so offensive,but you're too smart to even realise it.

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

If your brain was half the size of your ego,you might be .you and I would not even be in the

top 50 of smart people on ThaiVisa,that's what makes your moniker so offensive,but you're too smart to even realise it.

regards Worgeordie

Still no comment on why Yingluck should be punished?

Wonder why that is?