Australian man who escaped from Bali prison thought to be hiding out in Pattaya

webfact

1 hour ago, Metapod said:

Didn't he have something stupid like 2 months left? Who escapes out of jail to avoid a 2 month sentence? 

Its bc he didn't want to return to the nanny state of australia to face other charges relating to another crime. 

No doubt his chapter is supporting him with a VPN user id to log onto different servers around the world to post photos. 

It will not be long and they will catch him. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

As he is a wanted fugitive on the run can't the police ask Facebook for the IP address he is posting from ?

he would be using a VPN pointing to any server around the world. That is unless he is really stupid

1 hour ago, Saan said:

He only had a few weeks left of his sentence in Bali. After he was going to rot' in a four star Aussie prison.

Ah, I was wondering why he broke out with only a few weeks left on his sentence.

Ah, I was wondering why he broke out with only a few weeks left on his sentence.

And it's unlikely Bali would seek an extradition, just not worth it

Now he is famous in oz and will write a book and there will be another movie where Brad Pitt plays him in the great escape

It's all good

1 hour ago, eggers said:

Yes, if Pattaya is “arguably the fugitive capital of the world”, then if all caught, be last one out turn off the lights!! 

Plus, wonder where "Dodgy Davidson" gets his cash?? Must have a 'treasure  trove' stashed away of 'negotiable items' if part of Bikies Gang...

It was probably just some bored henpecked family man writing for the Courier Mail. Brisbane is arguably the most boring city in Australia.:smile: 

Do the math.  From Bali he wouldn't be daft enough to go to an airport so it's bus and barge to Surabaja where he slips onto the train to Djakarta  then a the ferry to the Lion city and is now hiding out in the lower number larongs of Geylang.  How he got onto any of the boats without a passport is anyones guess but I would say that is where the Malaysian earned his keep.  A few weeks in Geylang to lay low and then off to K.L. where he can get kitted out with legit docs etc........

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

How does he get from Bali to Pattaya without a passport or money.

Obviously he had both and help waiting outside .Thats assuming he really has made it out of Indonesian territory .He could still be laying low on the Gilis for example . 

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

How does he get from Bali to Pattaya without a passport or money.

".....who actually believe he has fled to Pattaya with the help of an international crime syndicate."

It is suspected that he has ties to at least 1 outlaw motorcycle club and I doubt it would be that hard for them to come up with a passport from someone who looks very similar to him as well as whatever cash he needed.

Most Westerners would be hard pressed to tell the difference between a Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai or Filipino person. You can expect that a lot of people in SE Asia would have a hard time telling the difference between an Aussie, American, Canadian or Brit.

Unless some sharp-eyed IO or cop noticed the tats, he could probably walk around quite openly without too much concern.

3 hours ago, Metapod said:

Didn't he have something stupid like 2 months left? Who escapes out of jail to avoid a 2 month sentence? 

Yes he only had 2 months left of his sentence in Indonesia - but once that was completed, he was going to be immediately returned to Australia where he faced a very heavy prison sentence for drug-related crimes. However, and as seems likes like - he has ended up in 'Criminal's Paradise' ....Pattaya. He will fit in very nicely here and will be best friends with all the other low-life scum and Thai authorities in next to no time....

Edited by gios50hk

4 hours ago, Metapod said:

Bali Police were deporting him back to Western Australia to serve time  there. He was due to face Perth Magistrates Court last year, charged with possessing methamphetamine and cannabis and two other offences. Bali police said if recaptured he would  still only serve the remaining time before deportation. Guess he thought he had nothing to lose

5 hours ago, Metapod said:

He has his fans it seems. 

"Perth property tycoon James Tee has taken to Facebook in support of international fugitive and Bali jail escapee Shaun Davidson - ‘Well done Rage!!! Haha,’ he posted along with a news story about Davidson’s daring escape, using the fugitive’s nickname." 

'He was one of the toughest guys in there': Former cellmate of Australian Kerobokan escapee reveals the runaway was 'well respected' and 'popular with Indonesian ladies who would visit him in jail'

(Daily Mail Australia).

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

No way !

Considering 2 out of every 3 foreigners in Pattaya supposedly are ex-SAS/SBS/Delta/Green Beret/DSG/JTF/Spetznaz elite Airborne Seal Team 007 commandos, how could a criminal expect to hide for long in this city ? Surely all those elite "Operator" types would have him corralled and handed to the police in no time flat !

I think this kind of speculation is harmful to Pattaya's reputation and someone should invoke Article 69 to shut it down so we can go back to stories about raids on adult establishments that have no effect.

How else are we going to learn about all the fun places that exist in this city ??

That's weird- I probably know at least 150 people here in Pattaya - therefore by your logic 100 would be ex SAS etc  ( non are) very strange - I just cannot think of an explanation for that bizarre anomaly. 

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

".....who actually believe he has fled to Pattaya with the help of an international crime syndicate."

It is suspected that he has ties to at least 1 outlaw motorcycle club and I doubt it would be that hard for them to come up with a passport from someone who looks very similar to him as well as whatever cash he needed.

Most Westerners would be hard pressed to tell the difference between a Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai or Filipino person. You can expect that a lot of people in SE Asia would have a hard time telling the difference between an Aussie, American, Canadian or Brit.

Unless some sharp-eyed IO or cop noticed the tats, he could probably walk around quite openly without too much concern.

He just needed to shave and change his hair style to suit his new identity .

Multiple nasty troll posts denigrating people that live in Pattaya have been removed, if yours was one of them best check your inbox for your holiday tickets

1 hour ago, peterb17 said:

That's weird- I probably know at least 150 people here in Pattaya - therefore by your logic 100 would be ex SAS etc  ( non are) very strange - I just cannot think of an explanation for that bizarre anomaly. 

<deleted> - It's a JOKE. One that's been going around for probably a decade or more (that I know of).

Meanwhile, I just grabbed my phone and "Checked In" on Facebook, in Berlin. 

Oh, wait - apparently I'm in Rio de Janeiro now !!

So yes, it is easy for someone to "Check In" from multiple places around the world while sitting at home (like the escaped convict Davidson apparently did). Doesn't mean the guy is in Pattaya but we do have a large, diverse expat population in addition to the large number of tourists the rotate in/out of the city daily, making it easy for another "farang face" to blend in.

Of course he could also be in Cambodia or halfway around the world by now.

Or sitting on the bar stool next to you right now.............

2 hours ago, BradWilkins said:

Bali Police were deporting him back to Western Australia to serve time  there. He was due to face Perth Magistrates Court last year, charged with possessing methamphetamine and cannabis and two other offences. Bali police said if recaptured he would  still only serve the remaining time before deportation. Guess he thought he had nothing to lose

Yeah, and how motivated is anyone going to be to recapture him?