Unlucky Thai man stung in throat after eating pineapple with bee stinger

webfact

Unlucky Thai man stung in throat after eating pineapple with bee stinger

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cc.jpg

File photo of pineapples: fruitGloss/ Flickr

An unfortunate Thai man shared a painful experience with the public—he was stung in the throat after eating a pineapple with a bee stinger in it.

In a story reported in local media yesterday, Paiboon Srisutat, from northern Lampang province, said that he bought the pineapple from a local market on Tuesday. Being a frequent customer of the fruit vendor, he never thought that there could be a bee’s stinger in his fruit.

As the vendor peeled the pineapple, Paiboon noticed that there were many bees hovering and buzzing on the pineapple The vendor just swatted her hands to shoo the bees away.

Source: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/unlucky-thai-man-stung-throat-eating-pineapple-bee-stinger/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-06-30

I was always wondering. There's a lot of tiny black ants around. You can't do anything about it. Especially if you leave food outsite of fridge for longer period of time.

Is it still save to eat that food if you remove majority of the ants? Or are they dangerous? And if you overlook even one, could he bite you inside a neck and could you suffocate?

3 minutes ago, howard ashoul said:

I was always wondering. There's a lot of tiny black ants around. You can't do anything about it. Especially if you leave food outsite of fridge for longer period of time.

Is it still save to eat that food if you remove majority of the ants? Or are they dangerous? And if you overlook even one, could he bite you inside a neck and could you suffocate?

They are pests. I found them attracted to my sugar bowl. Threw sugar away and used a jar with a sealed lid. They could carry deseases, so don't leave any food out uncovered. Get some anti-ant powder to kill them and occasionally dust the floor with it to keep them at bay.

3 minutes ago, William C F Pierce said:

They are pests. I found them attracted to my sugar bowl. Threw sugar away and used a jar with a sealed lid. They could carry deseases, so don't leave any food out uncovered. Get some anti-ant powder to kill them and occasionally dust the floor with it to keep them at bay.

What diseases to ants carry to humans?

They are actually beneficial to humans.. they kill pests that eat our food.  You are more likely to get sick form the anti-ant powder than from the ants!!!

OP, don't worry.  Keep you place tidy and clean... and they won' t cause a problem.  Only when we leave food out in the open.. or spilt food.. will they be attracted to your kitchen. 

1 minute ago, William C F Pierce said:

I know, that thai people are using some kind of chalk. They mark line around doors and ants won't cross it. They also put water in a large bowl and then put plate with food into larger bowl filled with water. So ant would have to swim to get to plate with food.

Today I woke up at 7:50. At 8:00 my wife brought me coffee, rice and pork. When I finished my coffee at 8:30, around the plate with food was already crawling about 10 ants. So, was it 100% safe to eat it? Can they do any kind of harm?