UBER Expensive to Chaing Mai Airport

Dazinoz

3 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Walk to Airport Plaza, yellow to Chiang mai gate for 10 THB, but lately there are quite a few busses, and you can get to Suan Dok or Ram for 10 THB...no a-c but more comfy than songtaew.  If I have a lot of stuff late...flat fee 200 to CMU...or 100 on a red otherwise leaving empty.

What a totally crap way to travel. Too many variables. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

If you are travelling lights, as many do, and it is a nice day, which is often,  you walk twelve minutes and it is likely your ride will be at the light by the police booth.  Welcome to my ignore list.

No one asked but i like to ride the  tuk-tuk when on my way to the airport. Of course, i need to book in advance as i depart my place about 4:30 am, with fare already negotiated.  Never a problem, the roads are open and the air clean.  All this is done in person as i have no smartphone; it's just the way i like to do things. 

11 hours ago, Bassosa said:

Do you really mean too many variables or do you mean too many options/choices for you to be able to make a balanced decision based on the variables like weather, time of day, luggage, mood etc?

Some people like lots of options based on the variables.

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Do you really mean too many variables or do you mean too many options/choices for you to be able to make a balanced decision based on the variables like weather, time of day, luggage, mood etc?

Some people like lots of options based on the variables.

The poster points out his travel methods which seem overly complicated and full of 'ifs and buts'. That's what I mean with too many variables.

The alternative is Uber/Grab. Point to point transport that's comfortable, safe, reliable, quick and transparently priced and limits these unwanted variables.

Unfortunately there are some issues with transport to/from the airport with these guys, a surcharge to name one, but not much they can do about it with taxi mafia looking for confrontations.

Edited by Bassosa

1 hour ago, Bassosa said:

The poster points out his travel methods which seem overly complicated and full of 'ifs and buts'. That's what I mean with too many variables

To paraphrase your earlier response above.

What a crap response. 

The few options quoted are simple to understand.  You obviously just want your travel spoon fed to you.

Just now, scottiejohn said:

To paraphrase your earlier response above.

What a crap response. 

The few options quoted are simple to understand.  You obviously just want your travel spoon fed to you.

Yes, of course I want travel to be as fuss-free as possible. I'm only human!