Men's cargo shorts in Thailand -- ugly or hideous?

4 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

The blokes who ware them remind me of the Ken Dodd vid On the Road to Mandalay. Right Chumps in Black Socs n Jesus Creaper Sandals .?emoji481.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

A lot you know, I wear mine with wellingtons.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We sat down for our Sunday Slurp midday Sunday and it turned into spot the Pipe Cleaner Legs in Cargo Pants.. we noticed that Oversized Babies First Shoe , aka Trainers were the chosen accessory.After 3big cold ones it became amusing..?[emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I highly recommend them from your home country for better quality and to prevent color running in the washing machine, shrinkage and a proper fit.

Also, suspenders, secured to belt loops with plastic ties for the expanding waistlines and added weight from a smart phone, battery backup, change, keys, wallet, lubricant, mini vibrator, prescriptions, compass, parachute cord, and weapons!

LOL....

Edited by Kabula

Hmmm, I buy my shorts at Chatuchak as that is the only place I have found the shorts with a 6" inseam and pockets that I prefer. I do not care for the longer styles. The 34" waist fit good around the thigh and defined what is left of my butt. Unfortunately my 34" waist has now expanded to a 36" waist. I really think the waists are shrinking due to the air in my closet!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Wear them all the time and, yes, I have great calf muscles. :stoner:

That's great!

Nobody should ever wear shorts if they have chicken legs as that's just embarrassing. I make fun of dudes I see with thin chicken legs in shorts when I see them, especially the dudes who have arms bigger than their legs.

22 hours ago, giddyup said:

I find with the cargo shorts that if I carry too much in the pockets they tend to be dragged down so the crotch is about knee level. Do you think wearing braces with cargo shorts would be a good look?

My pants are too heavy and my 40 year Bali shoulder bag has been put out to rest.I have moved with the times and now have a man bag.This bag has 7 different zips and secret compartments,i luv it.The only problem is the leather is falling off and revealing itself as vynal.Never mind,the zips still work with a bit of silicone spray.I should have bought 2,one for day wear and one for that special night out.

:shock1:

On 7/2/2017 at 8:47 AM, wow64 said:

Why are you so concerned about what guys are wearing sausage pirate.. 

Cargo shorts are awesome.. and the women love them. 

Try turning up for a date with an ordinary Thai girl for the first time, wearing these hideous things then watch the reaction.:shock1:

Edited by possum1931

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

Cargo shorts work in the city (rather then on the beach) are just as ugly and tasteless as singlet vests. In Oz, they are the uniform of the bogan.

Millions of"bogans"in Oz then.Dress for the weather not convention and class distinction

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Try turning up for a date with an ordinary Thai girl for the first time, wearing these hideous things then watch the reaction.

Mine don't mind,they love the complete package.The rest of you are snobs.

28 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

That's great!

Nobody should ever wear shorts if they have chicken legs as that's just embarrassing. I make fun of dudes I see with thin chicken legs in shorts when I see them, especially the dudes who have arms bigger than their legs.

What about the wee fat Jocks in Scotland, they look stupid in kilts, how do you think they would look in cargo shorts?:cheesy::cheesy:

31 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

That's great!

Like me for instance.............ashamed-smiley-emoticon.png.a59fd92788bb16784f222a7699d058b4.png

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What about the wee fat Jocks in Scotland, they look stupid in kilts, how do you think they would look in cargo shorts?:cheesy::cheesy:

What about the 6 foot tall skinny jocks in kilts.:cheesy::cheesy:

3 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

Mine don't mind,they love the complete package.The rest of you are snobs.

What?? So you have turned up on dates with a few Thai girls for the first time wearing cargo shorts?? I don't believe you.

7 minutes ago, RobFord said:

If you don't want to look like a slob, try Columbia Silver Ridge Cargo Shorts. Light weight fast dry material, secure zip pocket, elastic waist, comes with belt.

Unfortunately the long inseam can't be found in Thailand.

Columbia makes the best active wear on the market.

IMG_0179.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Ebay....