one from thai embassy in paris

two from thai embassy in lao 

then some extension ....

11 months !!!!  very easily !!!

Ok, hardly a double entry tourist visa then

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doiger said:

with more experiences and knowledge at that time ..... it would have been possible to go for at least 6 months more......maybe even a year longer....

3 minutes ago, Doiger said:

- point of doing it.... you need a strong budget for the visa situation ...... but look like there isn't much cheaper option for travelling in thailand at that time and probably still now..seem like it is very strict and from the people i know...they said ..in the contrary ..its easy .... so i guess i just want to be prepare for any kind of issues related to visa .... 

2 minutes ago, farang95 said:

- point of doing it.... you need a strong budget for the visa situation ...... but look like there isn't much cheaper option for travelling in thailand at that time and probably still now..seem like it is very strict and from the people i know...they said ..in the contrary ..its easy .... so i guess i just want to be prepare for any kind of issues related to visa .... 

I agree with what you say to a certain extent, if you really want to be prepared then best way to go is get a visa from your home country.

just to make you aware, there is no double entry tourist visa now, only single or multi.

An ED visa might be the way forward for you but these days you do actually have to meet the criteria to keep them valid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doiger said:

I agree with what you say to a certain extent, if you really want to be prepared then best way to go is get a visa from your home country.

just to make you aware, there is no double entry tourist visa now, only single or multi.

An ED visa might be the way forward for you but these days you do actually have to meet the criteria to keep them valid.

alright ..will call the thai embassy on monday... 

Hope they can do it quickly ....

1 hour ago, perthperson said:

You might not be allowed to board the flight if you have no visa and no onward flight out of Thailand within 30 days.

A single entry tourist visa could be applied for in Vientiane. 

I guess I've been luck then in the past. My tickets always go out of BKk, means on the return trip I had no onward ticket, never was asked neither from an airline nor from immigration. Ok the climate has changed and at least for the METV you'll need a ticket anyway.

As for the OP, if still 50 days before the travel, I would wait b4 METV at least my visa started when I dropped the paperwork, which is utter nonsense, they require a ticket into Thailand, so why not put that date on?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jethro69 said:

I guess I've been luck then in the past. My tickets always go out of BKk, means on the return trip I had no onward ticket, never was asked neither from an airline nor from immigration. Ok the climate has changed and at least for the METV you'll need a ticket anyway.

As for the OP, if still 50 days before the travel, I would wait b4 METV at least my visa started when I dropped the paperwork, which is utter nonsense, they require a ticket into Thailand, so why not put that date on?

last time ..with the double entry visa...i didnt have the 30 free days of entry that i can have cause i don't need a visa for 30 days...... and then at the end of it....i had to pay for the extension ....they didnt count either that i didnt use my right of having a 30 day frees of stay in thailand.....

strange.

no problem i just bought a one way bkk-vientiane ..for the end of the 30 days.......... no big deal ...

the question is when you go to vientiane thai embassy to apply for a single tourist entry ? or a METV ... they will still want personal information about you ? bank recipe ? specific location adress in thailand ? 

2 minutes ago, farang95 said:

no problem i just bought a one way bkk-vientiane ..for the end of the 30 days.......... no big deal ...

the question is when you go to vientiane thai embassy to apply for a single tourist entry ? or a METV ... they will still want personal information about you ? bank recipe ? specific location adress in thailand ? 

For the very last time !  A METV can ONLY be obtained in your own country!   You CANNOT get a METV in Vientiane .........

• Like 1

5 hours ago, farang95 said:

ticket to go to lao ...and apply for a multi-entry tourist visa good plan ? or too risky?

You cannot get a multiple entry tourist visa in Laos, or anywhere else except France.

If you really want to travel without visa, I suggest the following:

• Book a return flight to Ho Chi Minh City before you leave, leaving about 29 days after your arrival in Thailand. That will satisfy the requirement for an onward flight when using a visa exempt entry for Thailand.
  • Enter Thailand visa exempt : first ~30 day stay
  • Just before going to Ho Chi Minh City, book a return flight to Hong Kong, leaving about 89 days after your return from Vietnam. Get a single entry tourist visa in Ho Chi Minh City. Return to Thailand.
  • Enter Thailand on tourist visa 60 day stay, and near the end of that period get an extension of stay (an extra 30 days)
    At this point, it is about 4 months after your initial entry into Thailand
  • Go to Hong Kong for a single entry tourist visa
  • Enter Thailand 60-day stay plus 30 day extension. Near the start of that period, research further options.
    Note that you have avoided so far consulates allowing you to reenter Thailand by land (Vientiane, Savannakhet, Penang, possibly Phnom Penh and Yangon). That is deliberate as you will be using them next. Your visa runs from this point on should be planned with land reentry in mind, as being denied entry will be unofficial and capable of being circumvented by using other entry points.

This probably seems onerous to you. The fact is that staying long periods in Thailand on tourist entries is nowadays fraught with risks, and needs to be carefully planned if you are to get away with it.

If you can find a job (done properly with work permit) it will make your life a lot easier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

You cannot get a multiple entry tourist visa in Laos, or anywhere else except France.

If you really want to travel without visa, I suggest the following:

• Book a return flight to Ho Chi Minh City before you leave, leaving about 29 days after your arrival in Thailand. That will satisfy the requirement for an onward flight when using a visa exempt entry for Thailand.
  • Enter Thailand visa exempt : first ~30 day stay
  • Just before going to Ho Chi Minh City, book a return flight to Hong Kong, leaving about 89 days after your return from Vietnam. Get a single entry tourist visa in Ho Chi Minh City. Return to Thailand.
  • Enter Thailand on tourist visa 60 day stay, and near the end of that period get an extension of stay (an extra 30 days)
    At this point, it is about 4 months after your initial entry into Thailand
  • Go to Hong Kong for a single entry tourist visa
  • Enter Thailand 60-day stay plus 30 day extension. Near the start of that period, research further options.
    Note that you have avoided so far consulates allowing you to reenter Thailand by land (Vientiane, Savannakhet, Penang, possibly Phnom Penh and Yangon). That is deliberate as you will be using them next. Your visa runs from this point on should be planned with land reentry in mind, as being denied entry will be unofficial and capable of being circumvented by using other entry points.

This probably seems onerous to you. The fact is that staying long periods in Thailand on tourist entries is nowadays fraught with risks, and needs to be carefully planned if you are to get away with it.

If you can find a job (done properly with work permit) it will make your life a lot easier.

thanks a lot

Anyway am waiting for the approval of the visa.... i had option ...multiple entry and or single entry.... 

But i felt not so cool about showing a paper from the bank proving that i got some cash..... and the simple entry is simpler.... they just want to see you having more than 1000 euros.... so i did it ..i got lucky ...i could find a recipe... without giving much information .... so am waiting ...will know this thursday ... Hopefully i will have it .... will see !!!!!

rapidevisa.fr ... if you french...this website is good for you to get a visa quickly especially if you live far from the thai embassy ......

It went really well... very quick .... and i got the visa....single entry tourist .... got two months to find what to do next .... 

but i have one question for you ............... as a french i can go thailand without visa for a month .... but when i will arrive just like the previous time they will make the visa start right at that time of the arrival ...so it mean that one free month of stay without visa i can't enjoy it .... it would have been cool to have 30 days free of visa.... thinking of asking this to the guys at immigration check in at the airport...but they look very strict ..so maybe better not try yo do so........