Been a long time

i intend to arrive without a visa ( using the 30 day free tourist visa ) ..... 

Then what's my best option ? can i do tourist visa at the immigration in bkk ? 

or 

Should i fly to lao and get a double entry visa ? 

or what's other good option i have? 

You will get a 30 day visa exempt entry (it not a tourist visa) that can be extended for 30 days at a immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

You can only get a tourist visa at a embassy or consulate,

You can only get a single entry tourist visa at the embassy in Vientiane or the consulate in Savannakhet Laos.

The 2 entry tourist visa is no  longer available anywhere since the multiple entry tourist visa became available.

How long do you plan on staying here?

• Like 1

It depends on your intentions and how long you want to stay.

It would be best to arrive with a tourist visa ---  and not rely an a visa-exempt entry if you are intending to stay for more than 60 days.

Double entry visas are no longer available -anywhere but a multi-entry tourist visa (valid for 6 months) is available from the Thai Embassy in your own country.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will get a 30 day visa exempt entry (it not a tourist visa) that can be extended for 30 days at a immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

You can only get a tourist visa at a embassy or consulate,

You can only get a single entry tourist visa at the embassy in Vientiane or the consulate in Savannakhet Laos.

The 2 entry tourist visa is no  longer available anywhere since the multiple entry tourist visa became available.

How long do you plan on staying here?

long term .... 12 months minimum

1 minute ago, farang95 said:

long term .... 12 months minimum

Then your options are limited unless you can qualify for a Non imm visa on the basis of Age(over50), Marriage to a Thai,  Work , Education etc.

Check the visa options page(s) of your home countries Thai Embassy.

5 minutes ago, perthperson said:

Then your options are limited unless you can qualify for a Non imm visa on the basis of Age(over50), Marriage to a Thai,  Work , Education etc.

Check the visa options page(s) of your home countries Thai Embassy.

but when i arrive thailand ( without a visa) they could still allow me to stay 30 days right ? 

3 minutes ago, Doiger said:

Your nationality and age might help people give you proper options for a long stay

am french. 

And am 30 years old.

New passport.

ticket plane (thai airways) 

hotel reservation in bkk (ok) 

(i can also justify an adress in thailand ) 

but when i arrive thailand ( without a visa) they could still allow me to stay 30 days right ? 

If you qualify for a visa exempt entry you will be given permission to stay for 30 days. That 30 days can be extended for another 30 days at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 Bht.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doiger said:

Yes they will still allow you 30 days but in my opinion not the best way to start off if you want to stay long term

alright ...but its kinda far to my place the thai consulate in france..have to send by post mail my passport... it's dangerous a bit dont wanna it to get lost :( ... :( ....

Just now, perthperson said:

If you qualify for a visa exempt entry you will be given permission to stay for 30 days. That 30 days can be extended for another 30 days at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 Bht.

this plan is good ? 

2 minutes ago, farang95 said:

am french. 

And am 30 years old.

New passport.

ticket plane (thai airways) 

hotel reservation in bkk (ok) 

(i can also justify an adress in thailand ) 

You will struggle to find a visa for 12 months at least at 30 years old.

you will also require a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days if you do not have a valid visa before travel

• Like 1

alright ...but its kinda far to my place the thai consulate in france..have to send by post mail my passport... it's dangerous a bit dont wanna it to get lost :( ... :( ....

The French Post Office offers a  secure Registered Post service! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doiger said:

You will struggle to find a visa for 12 months at least at 30 years old.

you will also require a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days if you do not have a valid visa before travel

ticket to go to lao ...and apply for a multi-entry tourist visa good plan ? or too risky?

2 minutes ago, farang95 said:

ticket to go to lao ...and apply for a multi-entry tourist visa good plan ? or too risky?

Good plan if you meet the all the requirements, if you can meet the requirements there then you are as well applying for one in France before you travel

Edited by Doiger

5 minutes ago, Doiger said:

Good plan if you meet the all the requirements, if you can meet the requirements there then you are as well applying for one in France before you travel

this requirement ? no visa... so i got 30 days .... i want to buy a plane ticket to go to lao and get a thai tourist visa from there ..... 

3 minutes ago, perthperson said:

You can only obtain a multi entry tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in France.

what can they offer me ? simple tourist entry? 

1. Les ressortissants français peuvent séjourner en Thailande 30 jours sans visa.

we can stay for one month without no visa ......( but i bought one way flight ...so i will buy another the question is ? when ? at the end of the month ? or after the 30 days extensions ? 

And when i go to thai embassy in vintiane i can apply for a simple tourist visa entry ? 

am i right ? 

You might not be allowed to board the flight if you have no visa and no onward flight out of Thailand within 30 days.

A single entry tourist visa could be applied for in Vientiane. 

Edited by perthperson
  • Like 1

Just now, perthperson said:

You might not be allowed to board the flight if you have no visa and no onward flight out of Thailand within 30 days.

even if i have a flight out of thailand withing 30 days they can refuse me to board the flight?

let's be a tourist pure and simple ..... then i will find a way for the appropriate visa .. ED ..business one...step by step .... 

Thanks all for your replies...if you have suggestion .... don't hesitate. 

thanks.

But VISA ED ..... would be really interesting to apply to..for at least a year. 

Just now, Doiger said:

How did you manage 11 months from a double entry tourist visa

very easily ....

one from thai embassy in paris

two from thai embassy in lao 

then some extension ....

11 months !!!!  very easily !!!